• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trauma Center Wii: Fast Action Footage

ethelred

DarknessTear said:
Just referencing of any kind. Hell, even if the star wasn't a pentagram, the shape of those cuts on that person at the beginning of the video looked like an incomplete one.

They always do references in their games, for instance the pentagram on the floor on SMT3, as well as the final floor of SMT3 being floor 666 and their other SMT games have similar stuff in it. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was in Devil Summoner as well.

Error can defend it all he wants, it's just because he's a huge fan of Atlus. I understand. But protecting everything a company does also means you agree with what they do, and if that's true, well... It helps people judge your character personally.

I fully and 100% endorse Satanism.

ethelred

Okay... just now watched the video.

And wow. Amazing. This game looks incredible. I'm delighted to see that my early support of this one, and my confidence in Atlus's ability to create something ****ing spectacular, is proving fully justified.

This is seriously a must-have game, and Trauma Center: SO alone makes up for at least 30 minigame disasters from companies like Hudson and Bamco Nandai. Nice going, Atlus -- this is why you guys are so freaking great.

It amazed me how tense I was getting just watching a damned video. I can't wait to play this.

SumGamer

Mr. Spinnington said:
Wow... that sucks. Beautiful country though, right?

Yes, clean and beautiful and not too crowded, I'm not native here, originally from Thailand. I have to say if you are not a big fan of entertainment or some kind of technology this would be a perfect place for you. Technology here is like at least a year behind most of the time :/.

SumGamer said:
Yes, clean and beautiful and not too crowded, I'm not native here, originally from Thailand. I have to say if you are not a big fan of entertainment or some kind of technology this would be a perfect place for you. Technology here is like at least a year behind most of the time :/.
I've been trying to move out that way, fo sho. I can import anything I want.

ethelred

Excuse me, but this thread is not for discussion of Podunksville, it's about the awesomeness of Trauma Center and our collective red-hot love of Lucifer.

Day 1 buy! I beat all the X missions in the DS game, and I'm working on S ranks, but I'm only up the the Second Sin mission for S ranks, everything before it was cake, but now they start getting damn hard to get an S =/

To beat most of the game (First Sin and X1 included), you just need speed. To get Ses, you need speed and accuracy -.-

Oh, and anyone else geeky enough that they can't wait to hear the Wii version of the "epic" operation music? :D

SumGamer

Mr. Spinnington said:
I've been trying to move out that way, fo sho. I can import anything I want.

Sounds like a best place for you. I'm settling down here I guess. All I will need is a credit card ... and a good anti-virus I guess. Mind you I'm now paying 30% income tax BS though :(

Excuse me, but this thread is not for discussion of Podunksville, it's about the awesomeness of Trauma Center and our collective red-hot love of Lucifer.
Hey hey, go back to the first page and read my expression. I'm ready to pick up that remote and start to slice and dice right now :D .

SumGamer said:
Sounds like a best place for you. I'm settling down here I guess. All I will need is a credit card ... and a good anti-virus I guess. Mind you I'm now paying 30% income tax BS though :(
Turns around and goes back to Indiana.

No.1

Wow that looks fantastic. Did the DS version have missions where you had to do surgery in the dark and repair a broken bone? I got about halfway and gave up due to the diffculty and the damn game not understanding my movements.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DarknessTear said:
Wroooong, it's more along the lines of you defend everything from Atlus, especially games you haven't even played.
DarknessTear said:
Error can defend it all he wants, it's just because he's a huge fan of Atlus. I understand. But protecting everything a company does also means you agree with what they do, and if that's true, well... It helps people judge your character personally.
:rolleyes

MMaRsu

Banned
The Black Brad Pitt said:
I was looking forward to the oomph of the defribulator, but it doesnt even make a noise :(

THe whole gameplay movie is just adio dubbed with music lol..no sounds whatsoever.

DarknessTear said:
Well of course I'm not saying they are Satanists but they sure do like to promote it or raise shock value of their games or something.
It's...a star. You never learned how to draw a star with a single line by connecting five points when you were a kid?

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
MMaRsu said:
THe whole gameplay movie is just adio dubbed with music lol..no sounds whatsoever.
:lol thought it was odd. Hopefully that music is in it and hopefully there are voices for all that text.

SumGamer

No.1 said:
Wow that looks fantastic. Did the DS version have missions where you had to do surgery in the dark and repair a broken bone? I got about halfway and gave up due to the diffculty and the damn game not understanding my movements.

Nop. Looking fantastic

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
i hope this sells well because I want to see a full blown sequel make use of everything the wii has to offer

- surgical sounds (sawing, cracking, drilling) coming from the wiimote speaker
- vibrations as I use the surgical saw to cut through the sternum, etc
- seeing the instruments in the hand of the doctor and being able to move them as the wiimote moves (e.g. rotation, stabbing forward, etc).
- voice acting to capture the panic of the operating room
- perhaps even dual-wiimote operations: as a two-player or even complex single-player mode
- being able to create your own operations which can be shared over wiiconnect 24 and the results of which can be compared between friends

Trauma Center is such a great concept, I'd really like to see it fully realised on Wii after they are done with this first attempt

Saoh

:eek:

miiine, day one.

Watch Zelda sell a shit load of copies, Red steel sell a load of copies and Trauma Center 250k in NA. in all honesty, 650k world wide would make me happy :)

Captain N

I'm pumped for this game! It looks really intense..of course I've played the DS version, but I want it for the Wii.

Unison

MrSardonic said:
i hope this sells well because I want to see a full blown sequel make use of everything the wii has to offer

- seeing the instruments in the hand of the doctor and being able to move them as the wiimote moves (e.g. rotation, stabbing forward, etc).
- perhaps even dual-wiimote operations: as a two-player or even complex single-player mode
- being able to create your own operations which can be shared over wiiconnect 24 and the results of which can be compared between friends

Trauma Center is such a great concept, I'd really like to see it fully realised on Wii after they are done with this first attempt

Most of these sound like bad ideas to me... >_<

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Yup, Zelda & Trauma Center are for sure day 1 purchases. I'll probably get a couple others, but for sure those two.

Thanks for the video! It only cements my desire for this game!

SuomiDude

The music was great. Can't really say why, but it just fit that clip perfecly. Pretty short piece (great melody), looping over and over again, but it just fit it so well.

Oh, and the game looks great too, might consider buying this :)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
MrSardonic said:

I think we would all need to go visit the psychiatrist, if it was like that.

"OMFG DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!! He's DIEING!!!!!" :(

lyre

So let me get this straight. So a star is SATANIC?!?! WTF!! If this was the case then all my pre3rd grade teachers would be satanists as well because they would draw fcking STARS like how it was drawn in that movie for any good work. WTF?!

And in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, suck on this DarknessTear. And not only that, notice how there is no circle around the star.

Pythagoras, and his followers, were one of the first orders of "doctors", even though Hippocrates and his students are the ones most remember. "Pythagoras' Pentagram" or star was thought to have magical healing abilities, moron.

yudaan said:
So let me get this straight. So a star is SATANIC?!?! WTF!! If this was the case then all my pre3rd grade teachers would be satanists as well because they would draw fcking STARS like how it was drawn in that movie for any good work. WTF?!

And in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, suck on this DarknessTear. And not only that, notice how there is no circle around the star.

Pythagoras, and his followers, were one of the first orders of "doctors", even though Hippocrates and his students are the ones most remember. "Pythagoras' Pentagram" or star was thought to have magical healing abilities, moron.
Hey hey hey, that's enough with that wacky "scientific" reasoning. Everybody knows the people from Atlus are satanists because they put stars in their games. It's just common sense!

I'm so glad this thread is about stars and not about Trauma Center

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
:lol

he was jus reaching. looking for a stupid reason to knock atlus, let him be.

Kevtones

MrSardonic said:

Totally agree with these. Although if there was a sound test I'd find it hilarious to see a sound effect called 'rib cage seperation' followed by 'sternum collapsing', skull cracking, etc :lol

Seriously though, two person surgeries would kick a whole lot of ass~

SumGamer

Maybe we can get a hidden level where we have to operate a guy while he was still consious. You can hear him scream "ARGGGSS" from the speaker in the remote :lol

MrSardonic said:

The voice acting one is what would scare me and it is something I'd probably have to turn off. My problem is that, like in many other games, characters will repeat the same thing over and over again with the same tone of voice(since it is just a file being played, it doesn't change). With Trauma Center, you'll be restarting missions a LOT, which means you'll be hearing the same phrase with the same tone of voice over and over and over and over again. It would drive me insane. At that point, I'll need Trauma Center: Mental Ward.

SumGamer said:
Maybe we can get a hidden level where we have to operate a guy while he was still consious. You can hear him scream "ARGGGSS" from the speaker in the remote :lol
I totally forgot about the sounds the remote will make. I hope blood "spurts" from your skalpel if you **** up.

NichM

Banned
DarknessTear said:
Did I just see a pentagram while he was operating on someone? Oh Atlus. :lol

churchlady1.jpg

Could it be... SATAN!?!?

Top Bottom