• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tree of Savior Update Thread: The 2.5D MMO you've been waiting for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

3D games like WoW were the craze back then.

It's amazing how development on RO2 started back in 2005 during this craze, but didn't get published over here until 2013. The failure of RO2:1 really hurt them.

Update is up in English sooner than usual.

Thus, we believe that we would be able to give you the info regarding CBT within a short period.

No more updates for a while, but the next one should be regarding when we can play, so I'm happy with that. As always a nice piece of art too, I'm a really big fan of their art director's style!

001.jpg

Kyuur

We're back, baby! And we brought glorious 21:9 support!

21:9 Test (Untranslated)

Short update but man does this look glorious. G-Star is coming up soon, and I figure that'll be a good of time as any to announce CBT.

Gloam

We're back, baby! And we brought glorious 21:9 support!

21:9 Test (Untranslated)

Short update but man does this look glorious. G-Star is coming up soon, and I figure that'll be a good of time as any to announce CBT.

Wow that looks cool! I need a bigger desk...
I need a bigger monitor!

Wow, this combines a lot of stuff I've loved from other MMOs.
The cutesy style and open worldness of RO, action input style from more modern MMOs and the classes look like they capture what stuff like chronicles of the spellborne attempted, but actually done well this time XD

Subscribed! :3

LuuKyK

Lord, all these classes sound amazing. This is making me feel like downloading RO just to relive all those glorious moments. Seeing that level up angel made me teary eyed. Can't wait to hear more about this, and hopefully be in some kind of beta whenever thats available.

Kyuur

Hot damn, looks amazing. I need direct feed in my veins stat. Also is it just me or did they remove/tone down attack indicators? Maybe just for the trailer, I don't know. Great find DJ.

LuuKyK

I can't get over how great the idea behind the linker class is. So cool. That wood-carving one too. Tbh there are many other unique ideas, the voodoo class, the out-of-body class, the time-mage, the formation class... Love everything about these. Its just something you don't usually see in MMO's.

Dr. Buni

Subscribing! ToS and Splatoon are my most anticipated games for 2015 and beyond so far. ToS is looking SO good :D

After Trickster Online was ruined (and then killed) by its developers, I never found a mmo as good as RO and TO. Hopefully ToS will feel my need for a new mmo :)

Kyuur

http://tos.nexon.com/teaser/20141211/index.aspx

Korean CBT announced for December 22nd! Only 1000 lucky people will get in, and it is unfortunately region locked by their publisher in Korea (Nexon). Fret not however, as IMC is still possibly planning to have an international CBT sometime soon™. Seriously hope they decide to go the self-publish route over here, on Steam or something.

The track from the OST playing on the teaser page is so good.

Edit: It is entirely possible that CBT does not start on the 22nd, and that is the opening of something else. Not sure.

killatopak

Hyped as fuck. Knowing the nature of these games, I think it will hit SEA first before NA which is a good thing for me.

killatopak

Okay just saw the first trailer.

Is it me or is it similar to Dragon Nest where the world isn't interconnected but is in an arena of some kind with a boss at the end?

The cinematic entrance of bosses seem to indicate so. Also the map looks very linear to me in comparison to RO's large maps.

Edit: Wow at that guy riding that kart something in the train tracks.

killatopak

There is for sure.

http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/

Out of all classes and based on the little information we have, these are the ones I am interested the most:

Pied Pipper
Sapper
Fletcher
Dievdirbys
Bokor
Druid
Sadhu
Sorcerer
Necromancer

Mostly supporting classes

Thanks!

Saw the link. It was pretty overwhelming how many secondary classes there are. So many choices on how to support! I hope they make them as unique as possible because when the inevitable 3rd class comes, it will be pretty hectic to balance them out.

I haven't seen it yet but do we have to start out as a novice like in RO or do you start with the primary classes already?

After clearing a quest, press Backspace if you are too lazy to run back to the NPC that gave you the quest.
Thank god.

Kyuur

Thanks!

Saw the link. It was pretty overwhelming how many secondary classes there are. So many choices on how to support! I hope they make them as unique as possible because when the inevitable 3rd class comes, it will be pretty hectic to balance them out.

I haven't seen it yet but do we have to start out as a novice like in RO or do you start with the primary classes already?

Those aren't all secondary classes. There are ten class advancements in total for each base class, but you can also choose not to advance and level up existing skills. Each class has a smaller pool of skills compared to something like Ragnarok (minimum of 5) and you're more encouraged to mix and match from the various classes. I don't believe there is a 'starter' class of some sort, you choose your base at character creation.

killatopak

They finally made an international website will all the info for overseas fans.

http://www.treeofsavior.com/

I kinda want it to release already. My sister is bugging me to let her play RO but I pointed this game to her instead. The wait is killing me.

Edit: Oops too late.

Reknoc

This is the RO style game right? Will play this for days if I get in!

Only graphically, from what I've read and seen it looks to be more like an action RPG similar to PSO. Think it's all instanced as well except for towns, similar to Guild Wars.

Kyuur

Only graphically, from what I've read and seen it looks to be more like an action RPG similar to PSO. Think it's all instanced as well except for towns, similar to Guild Wars.

It's not all instanced, only some of the dungeons. There's a traversable world map just like RO.

I will get around to updating the OP with home page screenshots soon, thanks for the link guys!

Reknoc

It's not all instanced, only some of the dungeons. There's a traversable world map just like RO.

I will get around to updating the OP with home page screenshots soon, thanks for the link guys!

Oh that's cool, I may have misunderstood something from the Blog. Dunno if it's possible for me to be any more excited for this.

Yaari

Interesting. I've played many MMOs back in the day but none as long and with as much fun as I had in RO. I like that they seem to have a card system going on. That was just so much fun.

Subscribed, will be checking this out one day.

Kyuur

The question is

Will there be fly wings

Let's hope so!

And can I use them to bot.
Let's hope not. :(

Oh that's cool, I may have misunderstood something from the Blog. Dunno if it's possible for me to be any more excited for this.

Yep! It was mentioned briefly in the first blog post and confirmed in the 4gamer interview here: http://www.4gamer.net/games/132/G013290/20141121134/

There should be field bosses like MVPs in Ragnarok, but also instanced stuff!

IMC's community manager Leslie posted the first of several short FAQs on the KR Nexon board here: http://tos.nexon.com/community/free/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=1170

Seems like there will be a new one every Wednesday. Here's some relevant new info:

- Korean CBT might be bumped up to 3000 players
- Class advancement levels are called 'circles', you can only rank up an existing class up to three times before having to switch, once you switch you cannot rank up the old class
- Monk is in the 5th circle or beyond, CBT only goes up to 4th circle

I updated the OP a bit in regards to the class system. I'm pretty excited about the flexibility it provides, need to see a list of all skills stat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom