• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trek to Yomi |OT| 3:10 to Yomi

cormack12

Gold Member
FlYE6IQ.jpg

Z3ESIJz.jpg

As a vow to his dying Master, the young swordsman Hiroki is sworn to protect his town and the people he loves against all threats. Faced with tragedy and bound to duty, the lone samurai must voyage beyond life and death to confront himself and decide his path forward.

Cinematic Presentation
Breathtaking camera angles and striking visuals in the spirit of classic samurai film create a true cinematic experience in Trek to Yomi.

Stylish Combat
Engage vicious swordsmen and supernatural beings with a streamlined combat system based around the traditional weapons of the samurai.

Mythic Storytelling
Experience an enthralling story of Hiroki during his fall against the forces of evil and heroic return to make good on his failed promise to save the people he swore to protect.

Thrilling Soundtrack
The thrilling action and somber moments are set against a memorable score designed to feel authentic to the time and place of feudal Japan.

48e040243c402481061138692f54b7a75c3e9dc8.gifv

e0100b0b0122111abb3ebf6b1b346db87455519a.gifv

fc5edae9c1dd26f91edb15f1c501b2a48eb290e1.gifv

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Such a gorgeous game. I think I'm at the first boss. Need to get back into it this week and finish the Trek.

(endless crying noises)

Bartski

Gold Member
Beat the game. It kind of won me over in the second half after I finally unlocked all the important attacks and figured out how to stun and fatality enemies.
I still think the combat system makes this game a wasted opportunity for something great. Shame as it has some excellent quality environments and camera work.
Only for die-hard fans of Kurosawa and medieval japan.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Beat the game. It kind of won me over in the second half after I finally unlocked all the important attacks and figured out how to stun and fatality enemies.
I still think the combat system makes this game a wasted opportunity for something great. Shame as it has some excellent quality environments and camera work.
Only for die-hard fans of Kurosawa and medieval japan.
Think I'm going to just start it again on story mode and throw the combat out the window. It's poop.

Just to add, I love everything else about it but the combat just isn't that great. Strange animations and parry windows etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom