• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treme - The Final Episodes - S4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Hmm...

Not sure if I should wait and marathon/binge the season or watch it week to week. I did it with every previous season, and I loved it that way.

I think I will. The season is short anyways.

Blackhead

Redarse

“Treme: The Complete Series” will be Blue-ray only, according to a HBO Home Entertainment news release, and retail for $134.99.

The big “extra” in the complete series box: A stand-alone disc with a dozen-plus full-song music performances from the series (all of which have previously been available via digital download), including the magical “The Greatest Love” duet by Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint.

Oh yes

Z..

I'm a bit confused about the timing. It says "38 months after" at the start... but that can only mean 38 months after Katrina, otherwise it makes no sense that it's Nov. 4, 2008!

Which leaves me very confused about how much time it has been since the events on Tipitina (Season 3 finale)... can anyone shed some light on this?

I'm a bit confused about the timing. It says "38 months after" at the start... but that can only mean 38 months after Katrina, otherwise it makes no sense that it's Nov. 4, 2008!

Which leaves me very confused about how much time it has been since the events on Tipitina (Season 3 finale)... can anyone shed some light on this?
There's some timeline info on Tipitina at the end of the Treme Explained article if you want to take a look.

davish3rud.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
While that extra sounds great, I can't stand how companies constantly penalize the loyal fans who've been buying the season sets from the get-go. Sigh.
Well, they've released the soundtracks already.

Unless this is filmed performances or something.

Z..

While that extra sounds great, I can't stand how companies constantly penalize the loyal fans who've been buying the season sets from the get-go. Sigh.

Stop doing that, then. Easy. If it always happens, why would you keep doing it and then complain about it? Oo

Love the show, love NO -- grew up in Baton Rouge but got down there tons (and still every couple of years despite moving). Anyone have a link summarizing why season four is short and if it impacts the resolution at all? I swear between this and Deadwood this killing of shows right before their intended finishes stinks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Season 4 is a gift season. HBO basically gave Simon a set budget and told him to make a show based on that budget, and reducing the episode count was what Simon chose to do.

It's probably not completely ending on his terms, but I assume it will end in a "proper" manner.

Season 4 is a gift season. HBO basically gave Simon a set budget and told him to make a show based on that budget, and reducing the episode count was what Simon chose to do.

It's probably not completely ending on his terms, but I assume it will end in a "proper" manner.

Ah, ok, so not quite a Deadwood situation (in that case I think Milch decided to move on to John From Cincinnati -- or HBO wanted him to move on to it). Good that we got some episodes, of course, and not just the show going off the air like with Deadwood, but still what might have been... Did read in one of the previews that the crew has been cut back too. Sure didn't show on the screen Sunday night, however, was as good as ever. So glad it is back for the next month!

Well, they've released the soundtracks already.

Unless this is filmed performances or something.
It's a disc of stuff that has only been available digitally, though I assumed it would be exclusive to the set. They may sell it standalone, but I've seen nothing mentioning that.
Stop doing that, then. Easy. If it always happens, why would you keep doing it and then complain about it? Oo
Misguided attempt at supporting shows I like? Wanting to do a re-watch before a season starts, lots of reasons! Stupidity is definitely one of them, yes! They do it because they know there are always going to be people who double-dip, and that's just a shame to me.

PS: Holy crap is Backatown (Trombone Shorty's album that Hurricane Season -- the bangin' track Davis was transfixed by -- is on) awesome.

NeoGiff

PS: Holy crap is Backatown (Trombone Shorty's album that Hurricane Season -- the bangin' track Davis was transfixed by -- is on) awesome.

It sure is, I've been listening to it all week since the premiere! I was pleasantly surprised at how well it flows from beginning to end. It's just an incredible album overall! Hoping to see him pop up again in one of the final four episodes.

New episode tonight:
This City

Lambreaux learns that his cancer has spread; Delmond plays with Terence Blanchard in New York; Annie wins an award; violence strikes one of Batiste's students.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I should watch this. Always been meaning to. An actress I just worked with was apparently in a handful of episodes, so now I've got a reason.

I'm only 35 minutes in but I just had to come in here, stand at the top of a building and scream: PELECANOS!!!

That is all.

NeoGiff

Was anyone else terrified when Antoine got up in the middle of the night after imagining hearing something in his kid's room? It turned out that he fearing for his own family after Charisse's death, but I kept expecting a bullet to come through the window because PELECANOS. That man's name instills fear by merit of its own existence. Thought Antoine was gonna get got for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom