• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treme - The Final Episodes - S4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Just finished up now and wow... On one hand I'm incredibly sad to see it go but I appreciate that we even got as much as we did. Truly an amazing and unique show that I hope people will discover and appreciate as time goes on.

Oni Jazar

Amazing ending to an amazing show. Such a pleasure to watch.

I'm surprised there was no mention of the impending Deep Water Horizon incident. I know it's later in the timeline but it goes to show that N.O. still has turbulent waters to face. Sonny's family would have definitely been affected.

Good ending. Davis was great. Even Annie's story got interesting in the final episode. And Coulson got away without any worry. Still a bittersweet ending for him, though.

Wonderful show and it will be missed.

Clevinger

Just finished this season. Marathoned the eps over the holidays.

I can't really put into words how much I love this show. For me it's easily the best TV show of the 2010s so far. It's gotten me all teary-eyed and emotional in its four season run more than prolly all other shows this decade combined.

My favorite part was Big Chief Lambreaux and his interactions and relationship with his son. Just so, so damn good. Clarke Peters was amazing all the way through and it's a god damn tragedy that no award show will probably even nominate him. Fuck those fuckers, all of em.

If I have one complaint it's kind of small. I figured and was hoping the show would end with them sending off Albert in a line, ending the finale the same way they ended the first episode of the series.

Oh, and David Simon needs to keep making TV.

Wendell Pierce is the greatest

Oh, and this too.

Oh, and Kim Dickens is 48 (!!!) years old and is amazingly gorgeous and seemingly doesn't age.

Blackhead

Redarse
All hail our new mod overlord, Cornballer. Now put your powers to good use and make the Treme thread a stickie ;)

________

I'm rewatching the first season and goddam the Katrina devastation still brings me to tears. Jumping from season 4 to season 1 is like from watching an episode of Man Men to the Walking Dead.

Dachande

Fuck, those last two episodes were so good. The last part of episode 4
(where the Chief died)
brought me to tears and I had to wait a couple of hours before starting the last one.

I've never really thought that Hidalgo had much of a place in the series since he was introduced - he's always felt a bit of an ancillary character to me that was never very important. I get that he was always meant to be the "outsider" character, looking in from the outside and with a purposely different background and relationship to the city than the rest of the cast, but for that reason he never felt like he fit in, to me.

In the end though, I loved how he was ultimately responsible for
helping Janette get her restaurant name back and fucking over the other guy with a bum deal
. It felt like he finally had a real impact on the story there, right at the end.

God fucking dammit, David Simon better make another TV series. Why doesn't he go to Netflix? Surely they of all people would recognise his potential draw and let him do a series exactly how he wanted without any of the bullshit that frustrates him, like mandatory pilots and crap like that. An exclusive David Simon TV series would make me a subscriber for life, I'm certain of it.

Late, but I finally had the time to marathon season 4, and that was a fantastic final set of episodes to a supremely unique series. I really enjoyed every character on the show, and was sad t see them for the final time in that last montage, but what a great way to close it out. "Classy," as was said earlier in the thread, is the right word.

David Simon better get more work. Even if it's just mini-series projects like he's talked about before, we can't not have this voice on television.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yep, mine's in the mail. Not going to spring for the complete set unfortunately, since I can't justify double dipping. lol

Dachande

Not out in Europe, but that's probably because the fourth series hasn't aired here yet. You did make me check Amazon though...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got the S4 set today. Considering how the other three sets felt "premium", it was a bit disappointing that S4 is in a dinky little two-BD case. Oh well. lol

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm jumping into Treme and I'm about 6 episodes in.

My mind has been blown by the awesomeness in this show. It's so beautiful and watching it genuinely lifts my spirits every damn time. The music, the characters, the atmosphere, it's all so damn perfect.

Clevinger

I'm jumping into Treme and I'm about 6 episodes in.

My mind has been blown by the awesomeness in this show. It's so beautiful and watching it genuinely lifts my spirits every damn time. The music, the characters, the atmosphere, it's all so damn perfect.

Gets even better, bruh.

Frog-fu

Banned
Gets even better, bruh.

I'm actually embarrassed I didn't get into this sooner. Every episode just continues to raise the bar and its surreal. This is quickly climbing my all time favourites list. I hear John Goodman is only in the first season, which is regrettable since he's awesome in it, but if it keeps getting better I'll live.

I love all the characters but currently my favourite is probably Davis. The dude's passion and enthusiasm is awesome and Steve Zahn is an amazing actor. That said, Antoine (Wendell Pierce), Chief Lambreaux (Clarke Peters) and Creighton (John Goodman) are all damn good too.

Frog-fu

Banned
OK, so I just finished Treme moments ago after binging for the past week. The finale has me feeling all kinds of things. I'm basically reeling over it now. There's so much I could say about Treme that makes it as amazing as it is. The characters, the music, the setting, the themes, the stories and how they all come together.

This is a beautiful show.

There's really no one other way for me to put it. This magnificent, awe inspiring creation of a show has me fucked up in a way I haven't felt in a while. I think the last show to screw me up as bad as this was The Wire. It's just too good. And I'm sad it's over. But more than that, I'm glad I sat to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom