• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treme - The Final Episodes - S4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Sonny only been in two scenes this year?

Pretty much. Seemed to serve only to fuel the investigation and nothing more.

I'm actually terrified for Colson, now. Something is DEFINITELY gonna happen to him.

As for The Chief, you just know he's gonna die in the final episode and it'll be devastating. :( FUCK YOU DAVID SIMON!

I can't be the only one who doesn't give a shit about Annie's character? Her story is so completely detached from the rest of the show, it's difficult to care.

NeoGiff

Pretty much. Seemed to serve only to fuel the investigation and nothing more.

I'm actually terrified for Colson, now. Something is DEFINITELY gonna happen to him.

As for The Chief, you just know he's gonna die in the final episode and it'll be devastating. :( FUCK YOU DAVID SIMON!

I can't be the only one who doesn't give a shit about Annie's character? Her story is so completely detached from the rest of the show, it's difficult to care.

It's a pity about Sonny, he really grew on me and I was looking forward to seeing him this season. Although, in terms of growth, I suppose he has made it, and there's really nowhere left for him to go!

Yep, I'm guessing something bad is in store for Colson, too. He seems to have his plan worked out for himself, but I'm expecting the tables to be turned on him [The Wire spoilers]
Bunny Colvin style

And Annie? Yeah, not too interested. I suppose she is interesting in that she's the music parallel of Janette, but apart from that, I'm lost on her. Her manager's acting seems quite forced at times, too (strange for this show), and that doesn't help keep me invested.

New episode tonight:
Sunset on Louisianne

McAlary celebrates a birthday; Bernette gets a break in her case; Annie gets rid of her band; Lambreaux insists that Delmond carry on as Big Chief after he's gone; Everett returns.

Wonderful episode. A bit difficult for my wife and I -- we just got back from my father-in-law's where he was meeting with the preacher prior to getting a biopsy for a brain tumor tomorrow. Oddly parallel to the happenings on-screen, though hopefully with a happier outcome.

Next episode is the last? What a wonderful show, will be sorely missed.

Vert boil

Big Chief partook in carnival.
Big Chief finished his home.

treme97bp01.gif

;(

Heartbreaking episode. :( As mentioned, I'm glad now that it happened an episode early, as next week can be a happy send off.

Still don't care about Annie, though.

Oni Jazar

Cool! I saw the Revivalists last year in Key West. They are awesome fun. Good on them for being in Treme. If only Mute Math would have made a cameo at some point in the series my life would be complete.

Why does this thread have so few participants?

Anyway, just went through the latest episode - completely heart breaking.

I hate it that it is ending, this is probably the best thing on TV right now.

Dachande

I've been away, so I haven't had a chance to get the last two episodes yet. Going to marathon them in a final blaze of glory after New Years. :( I think everyone saw what was coming with the Chief though.

Series finale tonight:
... To Miss New Orleans

Colson is offered a transfer; guardians send Lambreaux home; Batiste takes his sons to a gig; Hidalgo returns to Texas; McAlary revisits his pothole.
The episode is scheduled for an 80-minute time slot this evening.

The series finale is on in a little over an hour. I'll watch later tonight and post some reviews when they're up. Enjoy the show!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Godzilla vs MLK
, hahaha.

I will say, I really thought that the end, Davis
would have walked out and be amazed at the pothole being fixed. I should have known better.
lol

Thank you David Simon and all, for a great 4 years of television. Here's hoping you all come back, however hard that might be.

Wow, I'm going to miss this show more than just about any other. Every moment was just so alive, so passionate... Just a work of genius molded by the best creator in the game. I don't want to say anything too blasphemous in this thread (especially now), but in years to come as this show finally begins to get discovered and appreciated, Simon's oeuvre is going to be put under a microscope... Don't be surprised if this comes back as his shining achievement.

Right now it may just be a pothole in TV's history, but I'll be damned if that pothole ain't the prettiest.

BFA

Great finale to a great show. I really like how the final scene is like an expansion of season 2's finale. Treme has been the best show I have seen in a long time and I look forward to what David Simon will work on next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom