• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

Gowans

banner.png

Trenched
boxartlg.jpg

Platforms: XBLA
Price: $15, 1200 points
Release Date: 22nd June 2011
Developer: Double Fine
Game Info:
Protect humanity from the evil Monovision menace in this Tower Defense Shooter from Tim Schafer’s Double Fine Productions. Join The Mobile Trench Brigade! Use a combination of mobile firepower and stationary defenses to turn the tide of war in our favor. Customize your trench with thousands of possible loadouts. March side by side with allies from around the world as you fight your way through Europe, Africa, and the Pacific. The Mobile Trench Brigade. Walk with us.
ARXIN said:
Mechassault style gameplay
Tower Defense style objectives
Loot(With Diablo like Color Ratings)
Character and Mech Customization
4 Player online co op
1200 Points out this week.

Screens:
09.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

Videos:
Giant Bomb Quicklook
Dev Diary
Trailer

Official Sites:
trenchedgame.com
Facebook
Twitter
Xbox.com Page

Reviews:
MetaCritic

Download Links:
marketplace.xbox.com

SolidEyeSystem said:
You can add Trenched GAF and find others playing through the friend list.

Also, if you sign up for the Trenched newsletter you're awarded with the awesome Double Fine paintjob.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I want to buy this but the likeliness of this coming to PC is slim to none. All of Double Fine's game would do great on Steam... anyway, I wish this the best of luck. Buy this, it looks awesome. It makes me sad that this'll be the first Double Fine game I can't buy on day 1.

Teknoman

Please have fitting music and not generic epic stuff.

Mechassault style gameplay
Tower Defense style objectives
Loot(With Diablo like Color Ratings)
Character and Mech Customization
4 Player online co op

1200 Points out this week.

Damn o_o

Glad someone made an OP for this. Let me also just voice my dislike for "Review Threads". It just ends up fracturing discussion of a game into two different threads. How's the "looting" in this game work?

ToyMachine228 said:
Glad someone made an OP for this. Let me also just voice my dislike for "Review Threads". It just ends up fracturing discussion of a game into two different threads. How's the "looting" in this game work?
Stuff drops during battle from bosses and they are randomized. Plus there is a shop.

To clarify the loot itself isn't randomized(like borderlands) just what drops.

Joystiq review quote really grabbed me.

Like Costume Quest and Stacked before it, Trenched is one of those downloadable games that almost makes you feel like you're getting away with robbery for paying $15 for it rather than full retail price. This is obviously not a quickie release; top to bottom, it's polished and slathered with personality. It has quickly become my current favorite multiplayer experience on Live and is definitely my favorite tower defense game to date. My only wish is for more missions, parts and weapons, but the core experience is robust enough to come highly recommended. It's another win for Double Fine in downloadable games.

I was probably going to download this anyway...Then I found out it has a loot system on top of everything else. I'm totally sold.

ultron87

ToyMachine228 said:
Glad someone made an OP for this. Let me also just voice my dislike for "Review Threads".

Review threads are only really needed where it's a big enough game that there will be so much bitching and arguing over review scores that it distracts from the conversation about playing the actual game.

ultron87 said:
Review threads are only really needed where it's a big enough game that there will be so much bitching and arguing over review scores that it distracts from the conversation about playing the actual game.

Yeah I agree. And review threads were made for Shadows of the Damned and Trenched today. Completely unnecessary in my opinion. Two games that were flying under the radar and now we've got multiple threads floating around for them both. Oh well. Picking up both!

HBroward

I really am hyped for this after watching the quick look. There are far too few co-op tower defense games. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Sanctum and Pixeljunk Monsters, which added it in the PSP version I believe.

HBroward said:
I really am hyped for this after watching the quick look. There are far too few co-op tower defense games. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Sanctum and Pixeljunk Monsters, which added it in the PSP version I believe.
South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!

It's actually pretty great, for a licensed game. Really funny and good co-op action.

HBroward

ncsuDuncan said:
South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!

It's actually pretty great, for a licensed game. Really funny and good co-op action.

That's right, I have that, never got around to playing it though. I think Comet Crash on PSN also has co-op. This game will be amazing though, combining tower defense and the loot genre. That can only end with good results.

Shaneus

Wow... Amnesia Fortnight is paying off for Double Fine. Good on 'em.

PS. Bought. I really should buy Stacking and Costume Quest as well... Stacking was a freebie on PSN+ and CQ I never had a chance to try :(

Top Bottom