• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials of the Blood Dragon E3 Trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, out now, $15)

wouwie

I love Trials but i think i'll wait for some impressions on this one. I hope this still feels as a Trials game and not as some random ideas and gimmicks thrown together.

rObit

Banned
Crossfire is fire.

01vY5v1.jpg

You collect stickers from completing missions and put them in this.

This is a good game.

It doesn't have multiplayer or anything, seems to just be a story mode with some extra stuff for replayability, but definitely a stripped-down version of what you'd expect in a full Trials in the same way Far Cry Blood Dragon was to Far Cry 3.

*edit* I should clarify it does have leaderboards.

Compsiox

Banned
Do you always get off your bike in these games? I went into this expecting to never get off the bike let alone shoot baddies

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Got about a dozen tracks in, and it has a fantastic soundtrack, cool trippy nostalgic cutscenes, and some really good gimmicks and themes for the tracks.

Just not sure how I feel about the platforming sections. They mix things up and the jankyness kinda fits with the 80s/90s cheese theme, but that doesn't exactly excuse the fact that it's pretty janky.

Also, shooting sections could over complicate the classic Trials gameplay a little bit, but thus far it's been easy enough to be a fun little addition.

Overall really enjoying it. Can already tell I'm going to be addicted to it until I beat it.

GeeDuhb

Crossfire is fire.

You collect stickers from completing missions and put them in this.

This is a good game.

It doesn't have multiplayer or anything, seems to just be a story mode with some extra stuff for replayability, but definitely a stripped-down version of what you'd expect in a full Trials in the same way Far Cry Blood Dragon was to Far Cry 3.

*edit* I should clarify it does have leaderboards.

By no multiplayer do you mean no track creator either?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not seeing any track creator.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm missing it or it gets unlocked later, but I don't think a track creator is included with this one.

Lautaro

Ugh, is so hard to make a new Blood Dragon with the Far Cry engine? (rethoric question ofc)

Not a fan of trials.

rObit

Banned

I'm not seeing any track creator.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm missing it or it gets unlocked later, but I don't think a track creator is included with this one.

Yeah, I'm in the same spot as thepotatoman, if there is one I don't see it. I haven't beaten the game so I can't say for sure, but I doubt they'd make you unlock something like that. There's a mystery thing to unlock by finding secrets, but I highly doubt that's a track creator feature. I'm pretty sure it's just the campaign, no more no less.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yo, how long till Devolver sues Ubisoft.
The second "Mission pack" is just Hotline Miami in everything but gameplay. Like seriously. It's Hotline Miami. They even play Roller Mobster.
It's so weird it's great

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Chû Totoro;206981813 said:
Does other DLC will work with this? I don't have my Fusion PS4 disc anymore...

No, as far as I can tell not. I don't see why it would tbh it's a different game

SentryDown

Playing it right now, and as a big fan of the franchise I can say they totally nailed it. I was a bit skeptical after their last expansion which wasn't especially great gameplay-wise despite the "fun" tone but this is definitely not the case here. In short, there's a story, less side systems (multiplayer, customization, ...) but tons of new ideas (with a not that great implementation but that's enough to have variety in a trials-focused game). I'm not too sure about the music for now, it seems a bit disconnected but overall I would give it a 8/10 and I'm definitely looking forward tp continue asap !

Top Bottom