• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials of the Blood Dragon E3 Trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, out now, $15)

dracula_x

and on Spotify too, link → https://open.spotify.com/album/7Hm9OgkWKwULXKvNX6rqOO

BboqcmH.png

plus wallpapers (desktop and mobile) – http://www.signalnoise.com/blood-dragon

Duxxy3

I love the bike sections and slogged my way through the platforming, but the
space
section was just too much. It stopped being fun.

Camisado

I love the bike sections and slogged my way through the platforming, but the
space
section was just too much. It stopped being fun.

Yup, came here to say basically this. The ratio of bike to 'other' stuff is just way too low and the other stuff is no where near as fun/good as the bike parts.

Wish I hadn't of impulse bought this now, but after Fusion I assumed they would keep that awesomeness up.

SentryDown

For those who played it, is it worth buying for the bike tracks? And how many proper bike tracks are there?

Kinda hard to say, they have a lot of mixed tracks. I would say half of the game is on bike, more if you consider some similar vehicles who work the same.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For those who played it, is it worth buying for the bike tracks? And how many proper bike tracks are there?

There are no challenging bike tracks - I can't generally do the hardest levels on normal trials but I whizzed through all of these first time. A few levels might take a few times if I could be bothered to try for clean runs, but they aren't technical at all really.

I had an ok time with it, but the platforming isn't fun - you accelerate oddly and your jump is really floaty. And then you get ambushed by enemies popping up from nowhere so you have to just learn by trial and error. The space level is the only *really* annoying one though. Specifically the section where you're towing a bomb and then flying it attached to a jet pack.

Played a bit of this last night. I immediately bought it on Steam once it was announced. It's incredible! Such a surprise matchup as I hadn't heard about it at all beforehand. The presentation and aesthetic is outstanding and coupling it with the amazing Trials gameplay made this a must have for me.

Nose Master

Be warned: This game is about 10% normal motorbike levels. The rest are all gimmicky and kind of shitty. Types of play include:
Platforming with a gun (controls like LBP), mine cart, jet pack (by far the worst of them all), pedal bike, big ATV 6 wheel thing, or a combination of a bunch of them alternating back and forth. Even some of the normal bike levels requires you to shoot at enemies and such during levels.

As someone sold entirely on the style, and don't really care about Trials

I love this so much

The Hotline Miami homages are so good

What a dumb game, thank you Ubi

I love Trials, loved Far Cry Blood Dragon, and am having a great time with this. It's not supposed to be Serious Trials, it's just off the wall crazy bullshit and it's a blast. Now, I'll be fair, I'm a middling Trials player, I'm the kind of guy who's only passed a handful of Extreme tracks and has trouble with quite a few of the more advanced maneuvers. If you're a Hardcore Trials Fan and want a heaping platter of Extreme levels, this is not the game for you. It's Trials: The Action Movie.

Also, there's only a little over 2k players on the PS4 leaderboard. Sad!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Where is that darn second key hidden? It's the only one i haven't found.

"Between Life and Death one takes a seat"

I assume it's in the track called "Limbo" because of the name but I can't find it anywhere.

I disagree completely with the people that say the platforming/shooting parts are bad. They're not. They're actually a ton of fun. Especially replaying them to place higher and higher on the leaderboards. Really pleased with this game. There's no expert tracks, which is fine by me since those are the absolute worst part of the other Trials games.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
These unlockable advanced military training levels really makes it clear how bad the platforming is. I didn't hate the platforming sections in the campaign but I want absolutely nothing to do with levels that actually try to be challenging while using those crappy physics.

eso76

Does this include a track editor ? I mean is this a full fledged Trials game or more of a divertissement?

SentryDown

Does this include a track editor ? I mean is this a full fledged Trials game or more of a divertissement?

No track editor, no synchronous multiplayer, no customization, it's more of a spin-off than an actual Trials entry (like FCBD was to Far Cry)

Vaux

I love the trials games, but this one is a stinker. It's short and the tracks are no fun really I aint gonna replay these tracks. The platforming is just there and have cheap kills. No way is this worth $15 bucks. Wait until it drops to $5.

I love the art style, hoping it gets harder though, I'm cruising through the levels without issue.

Trials evolution is still on top it seems.

Freeman76

Also, there's only a little over 2k players on the PS4 leaderboard. Sad!

This is good, because hopefully it will deter Redlynx from making shit like this and put their effort back into making another good Trials game. Fusion was poor compared with HD, EVO and Trials 2. Ubisoft buying RL was the worst thing for this franchise.

sn00zer

welp....that was pretty bad

There is something super weird about the script. Its clearly cleary not written by a native English speaker. Also the game just wasnt great.

Completed all the missions last night. Only course I didn't like was carrying bomb on jet pack.
Still going to go back and get the keys as only have 1 so far.

Redlynx/ubisoft hurry up and give me trials evolution on back compatibility.

And yeah, i really enjoyed the game! Miami levels were the best. And any bike stage where you shoot while driving was awesome!

Walking stages are dogshit, that is true, especially the Super Meatboy -challenge stage. I didn't hate the space stages tho.

Soundtrack alone warrants a purchase!

TheDanger

Banned
I just wanted a new Blood Dragon FPS, who asked for this?

Something tells me this will sell worse than the far cry game and we will never get another Blood Dragon game.

Beat it yesterday. Great soundtrack, funny story, I usually suck at Trials games but didn't have much of a problem with this one.

I wish it was mainly in bike levels, but it's probably about 30% on bike, and 70% on foot with horrible controls.

I'd say wait for a sale.

sneaky77

I just did the bomb with the jetpack.. yeah.. f that level. Overall I am disappointed, although I understand why they are using the Trials name.

I just wanted a new Blood Dragon FPS, who asked for this?

Something tells me this will sell worse than the far cry game and we will never get another Blood Dragon game.

eh, i'm happy we got this :D and i hope the next one is The Division: Lair of the Blood Dragon or something. Keep doing Blood Dragon spinoffs of all Ubisoft properties!

welp....that was pretty bad

There is something super weird about the script. Its clearly cleary not written by a native English speaker. Also the game just wasnt great.

The weird script was is part of the joke. Do you know how many 'all-American' action movies aren't even made by Americans? It reminds me of stuff like Laser Mission and Samurai Cop. I feel like they did a great job with it.

sn00zer

The weird script was is part of the joke. Do you know how many 'all-American' action movies aren't even made by Americans? It reminds me of stuff like Laser Mission and Samurai Cop. I feel like they did a great job with it.
Yes, but the joke doesnt work if it is purposefully terrible, unless done really well. Those movies worked because their was heart behind the scripts in that they actually wanted to make the movie, this is emulating that, making it feel hollow and just bad instead of fun bad.

EDIT: Its the same reason Kung Fury isnt so hot, while Danger 5 is pretty great

DirtyLarry

I think people are being way too harsh on this game. It is clearly meant to be over the top dumb fun. Hell, I am thinking it was worth the $14.99 for the Hotline Miami levels alone myself.
I have always been a big fan of Trials though so perhaps I am biased. And I adore the over the top cheese of Blood Dragon. So yeah, this is the perfect dumb game imho.
I am just glad I discovered it was even released. I was on vacation last week and actually stumbled across it on the UBI store on my PC uninstalling some games so I could keep my SSD pretty open for Oculus games (one of the games I uninstalled was Blood Dragon), and I saw it there.
Decided to get it for the PS4 as I just feel at home with Trials on the console, got the PS+ discount, so yeah, no complaints here really. It is just an arcade game that is a mash up of two franchises and meant to be stupid on purpose.
By some of the scores it has received you would think it was truly awful. Perhaps for some it is, but for me it is a nice break from other games.

i-Jest

Is anyone still having trouble getting the soundtrack to play on PS4? I can't get it to play. I've deleted and downloaded the soundtrack a couple times but it still doesn't work. I don't have this problem with my other soundtrack.

napalmjam

Absolutely love this game I do think people are being a little harsh on it same happened with the original. Really enjoyed the mix of gameplay and sound/art design is superb 9/10 from me.

wouwie

Having watched a few vids and reading some reviews, i decided to skip this Trials dlc. It's kind of frustrating to see RedLynx going into this direction with Trials.

Trials Fusion is the first Trials game i've played since i mostly play on Playstation and gameplay wise this is probably my absolute favourite game ever. Even when i'm not in the mood for gaming at all, i always go back to Trials and enjoy it so much. So i'm hoping we will see a completely new Trials game at some point. Also, since a lot of people think that the previous Trials games were even better, it would have been awesome to see them remastered for current gen consoles (including Playstation).

BlakeofT

I gotta say, this is my most regretted game purchase ever.

No hard tracks. No extreme tracks. All of the levels are medium difficulty and there are so few of them. I wish I could get a refund.

Thanks for ruining trials, ubi.

Top Bottom