• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Rising will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on February 26.

Fox Mulder

I liked the first two last gen more. addictive, simple, and difficult.

something about the new ones being too busy or flashy to me.

WARNING:

Between Dreams, and Ubisoft putting new track editor DLC behind a season pass with the last game, and THEN releasing even more DLC with even more editor content behind a paywall, I want NOTHING to do with this game.

To be clear: They took a game mainly known for its track editor, and then split the track creation community with DLC. And then they did it a second time, after the season pass.

I might consider a purchase if they announce that they'll never do that again. Until that day comes, this game is dead to me.

Last edited:

Starfield

WARNING:

Between Dreams, and Ubisoft putting new track editor DLC behind a season pass with the last game, and THEN releasing even more DLC with even more editor content behind a paywall, I want NOTHING to do with this game.

To be clear: They took a game mainly known for its track editor, and then split the track creation community with DLC. And then they did it a second time, after the season pass.

I might consider a purchase if they announce that they'll never do that again. Until that day comes, this game is dead to me.
That was pretty much the same in fusion aswell

Freeman76

I dont see where they can go with this series now. The studio are a shadow of who they were during the HD days. The game is really good but performs like shit, even on X, the community have loads of great suggestions for TC but they havent even made it as good as the TC in evo. The progression and lootbox systems are total wank, everybody feels the same, has been vocal about it, and they dont listen. HD and Evo are probably my most played games of all time, but its time to realise the best is behind them i think.

MMaRsu

Banned
I dont see where they can go with this series now. The studio are a shadow of who they were during the HD days. The game is really good but performs like shit, even on X, the community have loads of great suggestions for TC but they havent even made it as good as the TC in evo. The progression and lootbox systems are total wank, everybody feels the same, has been vocal about it, and they dont listen. HD and Evo are probably my most played games of all time, but its time to realise the best is behind them i think.

Once they got bought from Ubisoft, I knew it would be an utter clusterfuck. Well I was hoping it wouldn't be, but it doesn't surprise me they don't listen to the community.

First of all this is a total mismanagement of Ubisoft. They bought Redlynx I assume for a pretty penny. Now they have this dead weight because not a lot of people are looking forward to their work anymore.
I know I was a huge fan of the first two games on Xbox 360, and made a lot of cool levels for them.

But sadly I will not purchase anything from these guys now, the progression system is utter garbage. Lootboxes..

Yeah fuck you Ubisoft, you shitheel of a company.

Kev Kev

trials is an insanely fun 4 plater couch co-op game (or maybe just two players? i cant remember). back in 2013 i remember one afternoon of us drinking playing one of the trials games just laughing our asses off and having a blast.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Once they got bought from Ubisoft, I knew it would be an utter clusterfuck. Well I was hoping it wouldn't be, but it doesn't surprise me they don't listen to the community.

First of all this is a total mismanagement of Ubisoft. They bought Redlynx I assume for a pretty penny. Now they have this dead weight because not a lot of people are looking forward to their work anymore.
I know I was a huge fan of the first two games on Xbox 360, and made a lot of cool levels for them.

But sadly I will not purchase anything from these guys now, the progression system is utter garbage. Lootboxes..

Yeah fuck you Ubisoft, you shitheel of a company.

Trials HD was practically perfect as a videogame, everything about it was just nailed down and perfect. So of course the only thing to do next is to meddle with stuff that doesn't need to be meddled with.

Ubisoft has never explained why I need seasons or gacha lootboxes in a fucking Trials game, and that's why I never bothered with this game.

Top Bottom