• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple-bill of terror as survival horror Amnesia comes to PS4

crimilde

Banned
Amnesia: Collection is coming to PS4.
Featuring Dark Descent, A Machine For Pigs, and Justine.

Coming November 22nd, is available to preorder via the PlayStation Store.

More at the link:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=788727162991808513&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

No mention of the price on the PS Blog post, but in the press release they confirm it will be $29.99

Jump scare me if old.

dugdug

Banned
Very excited. Was wondering what's taken so long considering it's had controller support for years now. I imagine it'll have a nice resurrection after all the streams from console players start going.

Cudder

Oh man, this is awesome. Glad Frictional were able to finally get it over to consoles.

Might double dip.

Machine for Pigs is underrated.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
What is this Justine game? I'm very familiar with the first two but even the description in the article doesn't say much.

dugdug

Banned
For those asking, Justine is free DLC for the TDD. It features an entirely different (but equally fucked up) story. It's also incredibly short and has no save feature.

It's basically another custom story, but, by Frictional Games, and, features new voice acting and a new monster.

FelipeMGM

They mention retail or digital only?

On the press release I got they only mention digital

Amnesia Collection Rekindles a Legacy of Horror on PS4

October 19, 2016 - As the air turns cold and the night grows long, descend into madness with the series that redefined the horror genre and became a Let's Play phenomenon in the Amnesia Collection, coming to PlayStation 4 on November 22nd.

Watch the Amnesia Collection announcement trailer:
https://youtu.be/oeO4n-qeWGg

From the creators of SOMA, the Amnesia series ushered in a new age of horror gaming. Rather than cut-scenes and forced jump-scares, the Amnesia series wrapped fragile players within its grim embrace, beckoning them to explore and survive amid the darkness as it pulled at the frayed edges of sanity.

Amnesia Collection for PS4 brings together all three titles from Frictional Games and The Chinese Room, including Amnesia: The Dark Descent (2010), the expansion Amnesia: Justine (2011), and the sequel Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (2013).

Amnesia Collection for PS4, coming November 22nd, is available to preorder now via the PlayStation Store for $29.99 (USD).

The last game I was jealous for PC Gamer <3 Cant wait.

Justine is new?
No, as I recall Justine is a little additional story/campaign that came out during the ARG on Steam for Portal 2 I think. Its basically a smaller experience thats main difference is perma death. It's good.

Good stuff; I've been interested in this game for years but never had a PC that would run it. I really should finish Soma first though.

What's Justine? I've never heard of that.

MrCow

i loved amnesia! scariest game i have played up to now. i always recommend it to friends but most of them are console only players now, i glad they can finally pick it up.

too bad i couldn't really get into a machine for pigs, so i'm not sure if i'll double dip.

Plum

One full game and its free DLC is too little to be considered a "collection" in my eyes. Maybe if that "Machine for Pigs" game they were teasing had been released instead of the fan-game by the same name they could have included it.

Yes, I'm being facetious. Even then, AMfP was so disappointingly bad I don't really consider it as an equal to The Dark Descent and SOMA.

One full game and its free DLC is too little to be considered a "collection" in my eyes. Maybe if that "Machine for Pigs" game they were teasing had been released instead of the fan-game by the same name they could have included it.

Yes, I'm being facetious. Even then, AMfP was so disappointingly bad I don't really consider it as an equal to The Dark Descent and SOMA.
But a lot of people including myself liked AMFP more than the original.

It's nice you've got this opinion and all, buy maybe consider the possibility that potential first-timers to the games on PS4 might enjoy it.

T.O.P

Banned

I'm still soooo mad at The Chinese Room for fuckin up that game so much

Couldn't have gotten it out before Halloween? I was just thinking the other day how weird it is that they never ported amnesia to consoles.

Neiteio

I really hope it's a good port. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a masterpiece. Wish it was out in time for Halloween. Console version will be great for showing friends.

rtcn63

I liked a Machine for Pigs but both games suffered from "I can't see where I'm going or what I'm doing so I keep getting stuck" syndrome.

JP

This is a really nice surprise, I've not played any of them but they've always looked really interesting. I've really getting into this type of game this generation and the PS4 does seem to be building up a decent library of them.

I'm a massive fan of The Chinese Room too so I'll always be happy to see more stuff from them being released.

Granjinha

They could get A Machine For Pigs out of that and make it cheaper.

Only thing worth in that is it's soundtrack. Really bad game.

Oh man, this is awesome. Glad Frictional were able to finally get it over to consoles.

Might double dip.

Machine for Pigs is underrated.

If anything, it's overrated.

Dark descent was fucking fantastic. Loved it. A Machine For Pigs was painfully bad. Never played Justine, didn't even know about it.

dugdug

Banned
How is Amnesia compared to Outlast on the scare factor? Always wanted to try it!

Depends on what you want. Amnesia is much more of a psychological horror experience, whereas Outlast is much more of a gory/jump scare horror experience.

I found Amnesia to be much scarier, but, I still had a great time with Outlast. There are similarities, for sure, but, different enough to enjoy both, IMO.

Top Bottom