• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ September: Journey, Lords of the Fallen, Prince of Persia

mf.luder

I've been eyeing journey on a few sales but never went through with it. Nice to see that it's coming today. Also looking forward to trying Lords of the Fallen.

Kilau

Games are updated for me in US now

WXfVyhc.png

netguy503

Games are updated for me in US now

I wish I could save as much as you. It says I only saved $30 this month because I bought games in previous sales. At least I get to keep them forever and, since I only spent $30 on ps plus for the year, I guess my money was paid back to me in a single month of plus. :)

Horns

One of the best months yet for me. I've always wanted to buy Journey and Lords of Fallen was one of those games I would have bought if I found it cheap enough.

KiraXD

Decent lineup, except badlands... Wtf is this garbage. Is it seriously flappy bird (with a few twists?) lol fastest delete yet.

Is Badland glitching for anyone else? At least I think that's what's happening.

Kind of blinks back to a checkpoint constantly. Not dying as there's a kind of a fade out when you die. Playing on PS4.

Phew, almost bought Amnesia a couple times when it's been sub-$5 on PC. Kinda interested to play it, not expecting too much compared to Code:Realize though.

rackham

Banned
Already own journey. Yet another month of not downloading anything from ps+ Rest is super meh. Especially amnesia. That actually slightly irritates me that it's even a plus game.

I just finished Journey for the first (and last) time. I uhhh...don't really get it??

There is not really much to get. Either you like it or you don't. There is no actual gameplay to speak of.

Personally, I think Journey gets a lot better (than it already is) if you meet other players, especially in the later levels.

EDIT: Finished Journey again today, first time on the PS4, and tried Lords of the Fallen. That game is really not that good. Souls done wrong, but with one or two good ideas.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I just finished Journey for the first (and last) time. I uhhh...don't really get it??

You're not alone. There's nothing to "get." It's a walking simulator.

IdodgerI

You're not alone. There's nothing to "get." It's a walking simulator.
Ah OK, I never really paid any attention to the game before other than being aware it was critically acclaimed, and I guess I just expected something completely different to what I got.

Agent X

Datura appears to be missing from the list of "free games" if you access PlayStation Store through your computer's Web browser. However, you can perform a search for Datura, and then add it to your cart.

It's no masterpiece, but I'm quite enjoying LotF.

The mechanics are reasonably solid and it looks pretty good too. Good enough to tide me over until Ace Attorney drops.

I bought Journey in a sale a few months ago. I though it was amazing, and it lived up the hype, for me. It definitely won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it's short enough that it should at least be given a go.

Edit: Downloading Forgotten Sands. I hope it's good. I haven't played a PoP game in years.

KiraXD

But it won Game of the Year.

lol... but how!?

Anyway...
PoP is pretty fun so far... i think i never picked it up because PoP 2008 was so awesome aesthetically that when Forgotten Sands came out looking worse... i ignored it. (also no Nolan North Prince.... boo) but im having fun with it for sure.

Just to warn everyone, POP has a very nasty game ending glitch 2/3 of the way in where if you fall down a pit, you fall into a locked room and it saves as a checkpoint. You can reload a previous autosave by deleting your save but it will set you back a couple hours. Seriously, look it up so you can recognize it and avoid it.

KiraXD

Might help if you played more than 2 minutes. Game is good.

i got to like the 4th or 5th level and couldnt handle it, i was bored to tears. if it cant grab me in the first 15-20minutes im not gonna hold its hand until it FINALLY gets better after 5 hours... flap flap get big, flap get small, flap heres a few more to flap with, flap into a pipe.... wooooooooow.

jdstorm

Banned
Having a fair bit of fun with PoP. I'm genuinely surprised by how good the platforming is. I was expecting Uncharted, but in PoP it's actually good

Is Amnesia an otome game? o_O
So that's what they're called. I thought it was that PC horror game.
Oh hell now. We got the right one. PoP 2008 is so fucking boring I couldn't finish it.
Yup, That was the combo breaker for my PoP games. I loved them until I played this one. I finished it, but then just put it down. The previous ones were more enjoyable with cool smooth parkouring.
I don't know which one, but there is one with a demon monster chasing you. Those parts were so fun.

redcrayon

OK, so I finished a run through of one of the paths on Amnesia.

I think I'm missing something about the appeal of this. The guys are all just weird, in some places creepy or controlling too, and for a game about exploring a relationship it assigns a bit too much importance to acceptance of bullshit for the sake of a relationship on behalf of the heroine for me, with response options generally boiling down to either 'passively accept it' or 'completely flip out/taunt etc'. It seems to assign an awful lot of importance to a 'relationship' that's only a few days old too. Maybe I'm just too old to remember what being 18 was like :D

It's all 'ah, but being an obsessive oddball with no social skills or apparent understanding of human interaction is totally that guy's true personality, he must really like you, isn't it lovely now that you understand!' What makes it worse is that the heroine is supposed to be studying psychology, and despite losing a couple of days memory, sees nothing deeply worrying with the behaviour of much of the male cast. Seems like completely ditching some of these characters should be the good ending to me.

I don't know why PSN Plus is keeping being refilled automatically after the period is over eventhough that option is disabled.

lupinko

I checked the Japanese PS Plus, I didn't see non-PS4 things since I checked it on my PS4 but Japanese Plus members get two retail games this month, Yoru no Kuni and Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend.

Which is light years better than Lords of the Fallen.

But I can't complain really since I would actually buy the first two and would never buy the latter.

And I'm on a Souls kick right now so LotF might not be so bad.

Guppeth

Is Badland glitching for anyone else? At least I think that's what's happening.

Kind of blinks back to a checkpoint constantly. Not dying as there's a kind of a fade out when you die. Playing on PS4.

Had the same issue. I was playing co-op with my niece and kept scolding her for pressing square. Then it happened solo and I had no one to blame. :)

Rebooting PS4 fixes it.

Datura appears to be missing from the list of "free games" if you access PlayStation Store through your computer's Web browser. However, you can perform a search for Datura, and then add it to your cart.

Thank you! I thought one was missing. Appreciate this.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Had the same issue. I was playing co-op with my niece and kept scolding her for pressing square. Then it happened solo and I had no one to blame. :)

Rebooting PS4 fixes it.

Same here. Mine did it on the very first level so it was odd.

Lords of Fallen is decent. Not terribly responsive for me though. Having a tough time with "rogue" build so I moved to a more "medium" build it's much better.

Green Yoshi

Journey crashes constantly in the
snow
section. Other PS4 games run fine. Should I try it offline, again?

Thankfully I own a PS3, so I can also play it on this console,

doemaaan

Does anyone know a sure fire way of linking up with a friend in Journey? Was able to do it on PS3 by starting the first level several times, at the same time as a friend was. Eventually, we go put on the same map.

Been trying this for 30 minutes now on ps4, but no luck.

kendrid

Banned
I just played Journey for the first time tonight and finished it.

Without a partner it would have been boring, but with an anonymous online friend it was fun. I really enjoyed the simplicity and beauty of the game, and having a partner made it more fun to explore. Without him/her, the game would have been rather dull.

kendrid

Banned
Does anyone know a sure fire way of linking up with a friend in Journey? Was able to do it on PS3 by starting the first level several times, at the same time as a friend was. Eventually, we go put on the same map.

I was wondering this also. I started it solo and end up with a random person and we finished the game. What would I do if I wanted to play with a friend of mine? Is there no way to party to play the game co-op?

Not sure, tried the same thing with my bro and eventually gave up and just played.

He eventually got a partner and I never did (except at the
snow
part which was a mandatory npc I think) and we had opposite experiences. I hated journey and he loved it.

Seriously loving Badlands on vita, but also on ps3 and ps4 so no reason not to play it, is like a mix between limbo and olli olli, if playing on ps3/4 make sure your tv is in game mode or will make it a lot harder for yourself as twitch gameplay. One of my favorite plus games in a while and that included journey that i thought was amazing but badlands have been playing for like 15 hours now keeps me coming back. Its free no reason not to try it!

i got to like the 4th or 5th level and couldnt handle it, i was bored to tears. if it cant grab me in the first 15-20minutes im not gonna hold its hand until it FINALLY gets better after 5 hours... flap flap get big, flap get small, flap heres a few more to flap with, flap into a pipe.... wooooooooow.
It's your time, so if you really don't think it's worth pushing through, fair enough, but I urge you to get further in, I was constantly surprised by how inventive and interesting it gets. It has a slow start that's for sure, they should've let you choose some of those advanced locked levels from the start, as they're worlds apart from the starting ones.

Having said all that, how is this the 'game of the year edition'? I love the game but in no world is it a GOTY contender.

Harmen

Badlands is awesome in my opinion. Very simple controls but it is extremely varied and inventive at times. I love doing a few levels inbetween larger games.

Lords of the Fallen looks nice and the concept appeals to me, but is it me or does that game feel like I accidentally activated a slow motion cheat or something? Does this game get any faster? (by levelling/upgrades).

Journey is a bliss and I had never experienced it before.

Lords of the Fallen looks nice and thr concept appeals to mr, but is it me or does that game feel like I accidentally activated a slow motion cheat or something? Does this game get any faster? (by levelling/upgrades).

There are no upgrades to make combat faster, just different weapon types having different speeds. Also watch your armour weight for general movement speed. I think I may have ruined myself though by going for daggers, since every other weapon now feels really slow.

Top Bottom