• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For May: Tropico 5, Table Top Racing: World Tour, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

Oh no, we didn't get the very definition of a 7/10 game that I can buy for next to nothing. Seriously glad a lot of hopes were dashed this month. I'll take Tropico over Watch_Dogs any day.

Mr YuYu

Some of you guys are expecting way to much...

Looks like a good month to me.

Tropico 5, table top and God of war all look interesting to me.

To each his own i guess :)

Very excited for Tropico, I've come so close to buying it multiple times.

Also, I love these threads. The predictability of the responses, including those like my own above, give me a comforting feeling of continuity that is so often lacking in our fickle, ever-changing world.

Oh man..ps+ is so fucking bad. I used to get mad at the offerings, but now I just laugh.

How we went from getting Ico & SotC, Bioshock, Batman, Infamous, Uncharted, Sleeping Dogs etc, to getting pinball games, table top trash and generic Contra clones is beyond me.

Those with a PSP/Vita shouldn't sleep on Ghost of Sparta, it's the best GoW in my opinion.

I didn't even know Tropico 5 was on PS4, interested to check it out.

Tropico 5 is only 5 points behind Watch Dogs on Metacritic. Not sure why people are calling it garbage if you wanted Watch Dogs.

"We want real retail games"
*gets retail games 2 months in a row*
"No, not those ones you dicks"

Tropico actually looks fun but Table Top, Bionic Commando and Switch Ultra are shovelware. God of War is good since I didn't have that. Chains of Olympus would be nice too but it's never going to happen. Locoroco could be good though.

LOL at the Watch Dogs rumour and now this. I've given up on PS+. Compared to what it was before, it's straight garbage now so I'm not even disappointed.

How do you go from getting 2 games you want to play, to straight up garbage?

Drek

Maybe Sony should start giving away their first party games at release with PS+

Yes, because for $50 a year Sony should give multiple $60 new release titles a quarter instead of trying to do something anti-consumer like make money.

Oh man..ps+ is so fucking bad. I used to get mad at the offerings, but now I just laugh.

How we went from getting Ico & SotC, Bioshock, Batman, Infamous, Uncharted, Sleeping Dogs etc, to getting pinball games, table top trash and generic Contra clones is beyond me.

Because comparing a program that ran for six years and didn't start until four years into a console's life cycle is entirely analogous to a program started at the launch of a platform that has only been out for 2.5 years. Apples to apples, absolutely.

PS+ monthly threads always attract the absolute worst demonstrations of self-entitled idiocy. I now kind of hope Sony announces that they're going to convert everyone's existing PS+ libraries to permanently owned titles and then just end the IGC. They can't win at this point, so why take bad PR every month for trying to do something cool?

Machina

Banned
I've been willing to give Sony the benefit of the doubt so far, but now I am really starting to see it: PS Plus ain't what it used to be. No surprise given they're easily winning the race.

MMaRsu

Banned

Pls stop embarassing yourself mate

Came to read the complaints, didn't leave disappointed. :p I usually manage to find one or two PS+ titles a fun romp I probably never would've purchased or played otherwise. Tabletop Racing looks pretty good.

Indeed. It's just crazy that not everyone likes the same games I do. What's wrong with those people!?

A lot of people haven't even played the games and they're already calling them 'garbage'. I haven't played Tropico or Table Top Racing but I'm at least willing to try them with an open mind.

Indeed. It's just crazy that not everyone likes the same games I do. What's wrong with those people!?

No, these threads are always more along the lines of:

super-paper-mario-message-board-e.jpg

Elandyll

Banned
Not liking a game =/= declaring something is shyte entirely.

Even more mistifying, declaring ahead of things that TTR:WT is "shovelware crap" when it's actually a brand new title (not a port of the mobile TTR, described as a "total re-invention") developped in part by a Wip3out co creator...

weekev

Banned
Yeah how people can say PS+ is crap is unbelievable. Saying PS+ isnt good for me is fair comment but in the past 2 months we have had Zombi and Tropico, which are retail titles. Dead Star which is actually a really good game and Table Top Racing which looks like Mario Kart and Micro Machines had a beautiful lovechild.

They may not be to your taste but Tropico has 76 rating on Metacritic and is a good game which is still £20 in shops now.

TTR is a brand new release from the creators of Wip3out.

These are quality titles, they may not be to your tastes but they are quality and pretty well regarded (albeit TTR isn't yet but it looks good)

TalonJH

Garbage and shovelware get thrown around a little too easily in these threads. People using these terms for legitimately good games that they don't personally like should be embarrassed of themselves.

It's become the standard phrase for "games I don't know about(so it can't be good)" or "games I'm not interested in". It's just how the Internet works. Everything emotion is multiplied by 10.

Wow at Tropico 5. I always wanted to try the series. I am glad they have some variation. My biggest peeve with the PS plus catalog is usually them having the same type of games but its nice with a strategy-sim game for once.

wispsmoke

Neo Member
Stop the fuckin' presses, I missed this bit:

> And Table Top Racing: World Tour on PS4 is a high-octane combat racer from Nick Burcombe, the co-creator of PlayStation all-time classic Wipeout

Wipeout-related anything racing is gonna get me to load it up and play it. They shoulda done something with that title, 'cause it looks like shovelware. But if Burcombe is in, I'm giving it a spin.

I'd love some quality pinball games for free on Plus.

:(

GodofWine

There is NO game (realistic PS+ release) that would get more than a 50% "Approval" rating in these threads, none...

Killzone - ITS OLD AND THE STORY STUNK, MULTIPLAYER IS DEAD
Knack - ITS OLD AND IT SUCKS
Full Driveclub - SCREW EVO THEY BOTCHED THE LAUNCH 2 YEARS AGO..DEAD 2 ME
ANY Good Indie game - 2D Side Scoller / Twin Stick AGAIN!? / Indie CRAP
Watch Dogs - Not AAA enough and wasn't that good
Zombi - Not AAA this gen...its hard to run..whaaaaaaaaaaa
Ass Creed - Aw screw EA for some reason...

Hyped for Tropico and TTR - this is a really cool month is you ask me.

KiraXD

Tropico 5 is only 5 points behind Watch Dogs on Metacritic. Not sure why people are calling it garbage if you wanted Watch Dogs.

"We want real retail games"
*gets retail games 2 months in a row*
"No, not those ones you dicks"

How do you go from getting 2 games you want to play, to straight up garbage?
because bottom tier sim games are such a popular genre, everyone is dying to play... tropico... lol smh. really comparing tropico to watchdogs?

Also last i check people wanted AAA games not just "retail"

but yeah, who cares what games people get for free... its not like theyre paying for them or anything.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Something something, we should be getting 'AAA' games of our choosing for our $5 a month, every month, something something, your tastes suck compared to mine, and boo Indies. Oh, and I already own that Sony, you fail at mind reading!

These threads never fail the broken record test.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
ive played tropico and its a pile compared to watchdogs. it also runs like shit. its a low budget game, and it shows.

Hey, maybe he likes his pile of shit better than your pile of shit.

After all, we can only truly stand the smell of our own, unless you have some whack ass fetish or something.

KiraXD

Hey, maybe he likes his pile of shit better than your pile of shit.

After all, we can only truly stand the smell of our own, unless you have some whack ass fetish or something.

thats kinda my point. some people like these sim games... some dont... but i am allowed to not like it and even complain because ... you know... i AM paying for it.

So happy for Tropico. I have almost bought it so many times. PS+ has been paid for last year and so far this year with Rocket League.

hort22

table top racing looks decent...copy and pasted from their website.

TTR: World Tour features:
▪ 8 PvP multiplayer combat racing - it's both addictive and vindictive
▪ 6 Unique gameplay modes spread throughout the Championships
▪ 86 Varied and challenging events
▪ 20 Dynamic circuits based around 5 themed locations
▪ Exclusive "YO! Sushi" endorsed race track
▪ 12 Ultra-cool micro racers inspired by some of the world’s most iconic cars
▪ 8 Cunning Power-Up weapons with both attack and defence capabilities
▪ 6 Super-powerful “Wheel Weapons” to give you the upper hand
▪ 20+ Track exclusive Breakbeat soundtrack by Wes Smith (Juice Recordings, San Diego)

Exclusive "YO! Sushi" endorsed race track

Note to developers: this isn't a fucking feature.

Anyway, it's a shame TTR isn't top-down because that would have separated it from any other generic kart racer, but I imagine it's going to review as a 6/10 "nowhere near as good as Mario Kart so what's the point" kind of game like every single one of these games seems to.

Genuinely surprised at the negative reactions. Tropico and tabletop look pretty good.

Did people seriously want Watch Dogs, a game that came out 2 years ago and can be found in $5 bins now?

dottme

I'm going to try Tropico. I never jump on this kind of game because of the controller.
I'll see how good/bad it is.

Top Bottom