• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For May: Tropico 5, Table Top Racing: World Tour, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
table top racing looks decent...copy and pasted from their website.

TTR: World Tour features:
▪ 8 PvP multiplayer combat racing - it's both addictive and vindictive
▪ 6 Unique gameplay modes spread throughout the Championships
▪ 86 Varied and challenging events
▪ 20 Dynamic circuits based around 5 themed locations
▪ Exclusive "YO! Sushi" endorsed race track
▪ 12 Ultra-cool micro racers inspired by some of the world’s most iconic cars
▪ 8 Cunning Power-Up weapons with both attack and defence capabilities
▪ 6 Super-powerful “Wheel Weapons” to give you the upper hand
▪ 20+ Track exclusive Breakbeat soundtrack by Wes Smith (Juice Recordings, San Diego)

Have it on the Vita when a dev on here announced a sale last year some time. It is actually not a bad game at all, and is fun to jump in and out every now and then. Runs really smooth as well.

Wonder if it is considered cross buy?

Harmen

Cool, I am interested in trying out Tropico 5 and Tabletop racing.

Also, why would people want anything like WD over this? I mean, that game has been under the ten euro's in sales if I remember correctly. Same goes for many other older "AAA" titles. PSplus at least frequently offers (newer) games with relatively high pricepoints. And games that people are less likely to own or buy already.

It is fair to not like what you get here, it completely is. And is also fine that people consider the Live games better. But my god is there a lot of hyperbole in these threads. For about 4 euro's a month, I am completely satisfied.

Hasney

Have it on the Vita when a dev on here announced a sale last year some time. It is actually not a bad game at all, and is fun to jump in and out every now and then. Runs really smooth as well.

Nah, someone in the thread earlier said they went back and did it almost from scratch. Would be a nice surprise though.

Nah, someone in the thread earlier said they went back and did it almost from scratch. Would be a nice surprise though.

Seems it is, it's allowed me to request Vita download, although the page says £1.99

Q5E6nKj.png

uO0MrzM.png

Yeah, the first game is a lot of fun - like Micro Machines crossed with Mario Kart. Looking forward to giving the sequel a whirl.

Bishop89

table top racing is decent.

Its mario kart mixed with micro machines.

Cant access multiplayer from the main menu though, so maybe thats not here at launch? I dunno

The monthly games section on EU PSN has replaced Switch Galaxy Ultra with something called "Open Me!", but it isn't actually free. Not sure what's going on.

Searching for Switch Galaxy Ultra through search got me the game for free though.

Bishop89

Any word on what middle east got instead of god of war? usually fuck it up and give eu it too.

well there seems to be an extra game on the ps3 ps+ section called "Open Me"...

Could be that? lol

Not showing up for free though, so maybe just an error

Dak'kon

The monthly games section on EU PSN has replaced Switch Galaxy Ultra with something called "Open Me!", but it isn't actually free. Not sure what's going on.

You can still download Switch Galaxy Ultra for free if you search for it but yeah, another PS+ cockup. Hope nobody adds Open Me to their basket without paying attention...

Nyx

table top racing is decent.

Its mario kart mixed with micro machines.

Cant access multiplayer from the main menu though, so maybe thats not here at launch? I dunno

?

There's definitely a multiplayer option in the main menu, I've been online already.

Pretty fun game!

Bishop89

?

There's definitely a multiplayer option in the main menu, I've been online already.

Pretty fun game!

weird, it was highlighted grey so i couldnt access it, now it works.

Impressions: The game is functional but its not really exciting. The power ups are very basic and graphically poor. Expected at least these to be all flash, but naa.

Controls are fine.

Its an ok game but nothing special.

m@cross

Any tropico impressions?

I have two friends who enjoy playing it on PS4, and I enjoyed the demo when I tried it last year. Should be a good game for those into that genre, certainly a nice expansion of the variety of games offered through plus.

bosseye

Hmmmmm, nothing really there for me. Tropico 5 isn't my sort of game (I have played one of the previous versions) and Table Top Racing doesn't look like it will hold my attention for more than a few minutes from what I've seen. I was imaging something more like Micro Machines.

Never mind.

Teletraan1

Banned
When this service was on PS3 and games were selling like shit compared to the 360 version I would imagine it would be much cheaper for Sony to pony up some money for a not so hot selling AAA game then vs now when the PS4 is actually moving software. The cost to give these games away for free vs actually selling them has to be the reason that there are less AAA games. I for one don't mind. This service exposes me to games that are often off my radar and I play a lot of early access stuff on Steam but you can't pick up every game.

Tropico 5 is a pretty solid game. I hope this port is up to snuff.

For those who end up playing Tropico 5 and end up really liking it, there is a complete edition coming out (Physical copy + All DLC) on June 28. There's already a physical copy of the game you can buy, but the price has not came down in the slightest.

The PSN Plus page in the browser is so clumsy that you may mis PSN Plus games so easily. For example for this month, if you go to the PSN Plus proposed games, you can see only 5 and not 6 liek every month, there is a weird Open me (that wasn't announced in the instant colelction) when you click on it it says it is paid and not free. Switch Galaxy Ultra (PS Vita, PS4) must be there instead of Open Me which is a mistake, and you ahve to search for the game on your own to find it free as part of this month's instant collection. This is really misleading from you Sony especially since even the PS4 PSN Store in PSN Plus section only display Tropico 5 and Table Top Racing: World Tour and no Switch Galaxy Ultra.

Even when you click Playstation Plus in the webstore, only 4 games are displayed from the instant collection (games are the most important part of the PSN Plus more than the discounts), you have to click see all to see all the games for that month which is a bit misleading sicne I today I jus noticed that I missed 2 games from past June collection since mostly I didn't click see all since I was in a hurry. The full list list must be shown when you click on PSN Plus and no need for extra hidden clicks and steps to see them.

Sony must make the instant collection automatically added to those who are subscribed to PSN without all these hurdles or at least add an option in the PSN account for those who forget about the games or miss them or are busy to check in that month just like how Sony added an option to autorefund the wallet and renew PSN Subscription which can be toggled on/off. Also improve webstore to show full collection in one click and no need to click see all to see all the games:

Ogawa-san

TTR is kinda cool, like a modern Micro Machines, but so is the gameplay and it's a bit dry. I've beaten the two amateur cups and didn't feel compelled to keep going.

Switch Galaxy Ultra is a browser game though, just embarrassing.

wispsmoke

Neo Member
Many thiought it will have local multiplayer but it is just one player on same PS4. For multiplayer, you need to play online.

Man, what? Why would they do that? It doesn't seem like it's that demanding a game. Removing local MP just made this game tank in value for me. If I want an online-MP only racing game, I'll head back to Driveclub.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The PSN Plus page in the browser is so clumsy that you may mis PSN Plus games so easily. For example for this month, if you go to the PSN Plus proposed games, you can see only 5 and not 6 liek every month, there is a weird Open me (that wasn't announced in the instant colelction) when you click on it it says it is paid and not free. Switch Galaxy Ultra (PS Vita, PS4) must be there instead of Open Me which is a mistake, and you ahve to search for the game on your own to find it free as part of this month's instant collection. This is really misleading from you Sony especially since even the PS4 PSN Store in PSN Plus section only display Tropico 5 and Table Top Racing: World Tour and no Switch Galaxy Ultra.

Even when you click Playstation Plus in the webstore, only 4 games are displayed from the instant collection (games are the most important part of the PSN Plus more than the discounts), you have to click see all to see all the games for that month which is a bit misleading sicne I today I jus noticed that I missed 2 games from past June collection since mostly I didn't click see all since I was in a hurry. The full list list must be shown when you click on PSN Plus and no need for extra hidden clicks and steps to see them.

Sony must make the instant collection automatically added to those who are subscribed to PSN without all these hurdles or at least add an option in the PSN account for those who forget about the games or miss them or are busy to check in that month just like how Sony added an option to autorefund the wallet and renew PSN Subscription which can be toggled on/off. Also improve webstore to show full collection in one click and no need to click see all to see all the games:

Sounds liike a limited issue though. I had no issues with the web displaying the correct 6 games.

That said, they pay the developer per copy downloaded/purchased so auto adding to the collection would mean they would have to always pay them. We have a very limited power of "voting with our wallets" in not downloading a game.

Top Bottom