• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For May: Tropico 5, Table Top Racing: World Tour, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

grimmiq

If not for multiplayer I'd have let my sub lapse months ago, and this sure as hell wouldn't make me re-sub...Might give Tropico a shot, used to love City Sim games as a kid but never touched this series.

Bishop89

Lmao bunch of brats in here.

Tropico is great, it's "AAA", it's not generic cinematic, and it's unique, AND it's good/fun.

Ghost of Sparta is great too.

You could get 3 AAA and 3 indies, all which scored 90+ on meta, and you all will still complain. It's impossible for Sony to make everyone happy because ppl have different taste and ppl have bought different games which turn up on plus.

IvanJ

Banned
I am satisfied with the offer. Second month in a row that decent games are given.

Tropico was always one of those games that I'd like to play, but never really wanted to pay money for because I know it will just stay backlogged for quite a while. Well, now it finally can be backlogged, hopefully I'll get to it one fine day.
Table Top Racing seems like a fun little game to play with my kids, hope they enjoy it.

Walpurgis

Banned
Tropico actually looks fun but Table Top, Bionic Commando and Switch Ultra are shovelware. God of War is good since I didn't have that. Chains of Olympus would be nice too but it's never going to happen. Locoroco could be good though.

LOL at the Watch Dogs rumour and now this. I've given up on PS+. Compared to what it was before, it's straight garbage now so I'm not even disappointed.

Free games. Maybe some not right up my alley, but oh that's right, they're free. No complaints.

Really looking forward to playing GoW and Tropico, though. Solid titles.

Drek

Great month from my perspective.

I'm a big fan of the Tropico franchise but Ubi's DRM on the PC is just unacceptable to me so I've been reticent to pick it up on there. Being able to try the console adaptation is very intriguing.

Table Top Racing will be a new release, free for PS+ day one.

Bionic Commando 2 is a little meh as it's more of the same but the previous installment was a fun reboot of the franchise so for people who enjoy retro action platformers it'll be worth a check.

Switch Galaxy Ultra isn't very appealing but nice to see them supporting Cross-Buy within PS+ still.

Ghost of Sparta is great and I'm looking forward to playing it again on my PSV since I unloaded my physical copy when I got rid of my PSP.

Excellent work Sony! Keep it up!

I let my sub laps to months ago and havent regretted it since. My xbox is where i do my mp gaming so I keep my online sub there

Oersted

#TeamLocoroco

Free games. Maybe some not right up my alley, but oh that's right, they're free. No complaints.

Really looking forward to playing GoW and Tropico, though. Solid titles.

You pay a company to purchase games for you and they decide which ones. But I guess the meaning of free has fundamentally changed, F2P and all that.

EctoPrime

It would be preferable if Sony released dlc instead in some cases to a few of the current titles. They handed out all of the Fallout 3 content years ago.

#TeamLocoroco

You pay a company to purchase games for you and they decide which ones. But I guess the meaning of free has fundamentally changed, F2P and all that.

Eh, maybe back when it was just PS3 I was subbing to PS+ for and it was pretty much only for free games, though those were the "golden days" when we got games that are perceived as "higher quality", but these days I feel as though I'm paying for online MP and the like and the games each month are a bonus.

MODEYV3

Banned
There really are no games that anyone could name, that they think would be a great PS4 PS+ game (realistic too) that 10 people wouldn't say:

1. Its old
2. It was on sale last month
3. I own it
4. Its not AAA
5. Its not AAA enough
6. Its Indie crap
7. If I wanted this, I would have bought it 6 months ago / used for $8
8. Knack
9. PS+ hasnt been good since Dont Starve / Outlast / MGS / Zombi / BroForce / Rocket League
10. LOUD WORDS!!!

Great list haha.

Tropico seems like a perfect plus game.

Not something I would buy but different and liked enough that I'll give it a honest try.

Easily better then another sloppy indie port.

Maybe it's time to kill ps+ on ps3/Van though... or at least rethink how plus works on those systems because that offering is super sad. Only Psp games on vita and a glorified wallpaper for ps3 is not a good look.

Rellik

I almost bought Tropico 5 the other day. Thank god I didn't.

Finally a game I'm interested in on PS+. IT's been a long ass time now.

odhiex

Sweet. I'll take them all. CAN'T WAIT for Tropico 5 and Ghost of Sparta.

Thank God it's not Watch_dogs. I finished the game already, and it was a merely okay, 6/10.

I like Tropico, but I'd rather play that sort of game on my PC. GoW looks like a nice pickup, but I still haven't even gotten far into GoW collection. Ah well, more backlog!

I'm sad about no Watch.Dogs, though.

Gxgear

Every month it's like people are reading off 2 different list of PS+ offerings.

I, for one, am good with Tropico. Never tried the series. Table Top Racing looks kind of neat, reminds me of the mini car DLC's I splurged on in Burnout Paradise.

After Rocket League, I don't think that we'll be getting anymore cool free games for a while.

What are you talking about? Tropico is a big series, and Tropico 5 is a big hit. Certainly much better than Watch Dogs.

What do you want? Uncharted?

Cant wait for the days when they offer Knack, Killzone, Black Flag and other launch games that everyone already owns. That will be fun....

Good month here for Tropico alone. Im gonna go watch some game play of that Table Top Racing game.

As much as I loved Bionic Commando Rearmed, I skipped on the PS3 version of the sequel because of the additional "always online" requirement. (Well, that and some things about the design and mechanics changes irked me.) Free is an ok price to fill that gap, though.

I can understand and accept comments about people being down on a given month. It the bloody gamer entitlement attitude that get my goat:

Eh, maybe back when it was just PS3 I was subbing to PS+ for and it was pretty much only for free games, though those were the "golden days" when we got games that are perceived as "higher quality", but these days I feel as though I'm paying for online MP and the like and the games each month are a bonus.
Not trying to get at you @NeoGold123, just highlighting that sentence to make a point.

The PS3 was launched in 2006. It was already 4 years old when PS+ launched in 2010. It was 5 years old when Burnout Paradise was given away, the first "AAA" title.

The PS4 isn't even 3 years old yet. We've already seen Driveclub, Infamous, Metal Gear Solid, Injustice, Abe's Oddysee and Grim Fandango. Both last months Zombi and this months Tropico are "AAA" titles. And that's not even going into how good a large number of the "indie" games have been. Hell Resogun was widely regarded as the single best game available for PS4 for well beyond the consoles first year. Whether you like the game or not - you're paying just 69p for each title for crying out loud.

I know Hater's Gonna Hate, but there's a difference between voicing an opinion about the games in a given month not interesting you personally - which I can accept, and the gamer entitlement attitude that says Sony should be given away AAA titles like Uncharted 4 every month. Hell, PS+ doesn't even cost as much as your average AAA game each year.

Fusebox

Banned
Conflicted! I've always wanted to play Tropico 5, I've got the PC game but I don't have a PC beefy enough to run it well and I've played the PS4 demo and it just felt far more natural on mouse/keyboard.

Top Bottom