• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega/Deep Silver publishing Valkyria Revolution in Q2 2017 on PS4/XB1/Vita

BY2K

Membero Americo
BASED SEGA/DEEP SILVER.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/valkyria-revolution-coming-west-ps4-xbox-one-ps-vita-q2-2017

Valkyria: Azure Revolution is coming to North America via Sega and Europe via Deep Silver as Valkyria Revolution in Q2 2017, Sega announced. It will be released physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and digitally for PS Vita.

Described as a “revolution” from the traditional Valkryia Chronicles universe, Valkyria Revolution is set in an alternate timeline based on the European industrialization era and moves away from the traditional turn-based strategy gameplay of the series for a new hybrid of real-time combat and tactical strategy.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=809050803281346561&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Valkyria-Revolution-West-Q2-2017.jpg

sense

That...... was unexpected. Xbox one version will probably sell way less than the digital vita version

jbug617

Banned
OJ9dXZF.jpg

Valkyria: Azure Revolution is coming to North America via Sega and Europe via Deep Silver as Valkyria Revolution in Q2 2017, Sega announced. It will be released physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and digitally for PS Vita.
Described as a “revolution” from the traditional Valkryia Chronicles universe, Valkyria Revolution is set in an alternate timeline based on the European industrialization era and moves away from the traditional turn-based strategy gameplay of the series for a new hybrid of real-time combat and tactical strategy.
http://gematsu.com/2016/12/valkyria-revolution-coming-west-ps4-xbox-one-ps-vita-q2-2017

Hexa

Xbox but no Day 1 PC? The fuck is SEGA doing? I mean I'm planning on getting it on PS4 anyway, but I also want it to sell well.

Vita omg. Omg omg! Fantastic news after the crappy Dragon Quest news.

No physical is a bummer but honestly, I'll take it with open arms.

Bog

Junior Ace
Great, so when no one buys the weird spinoff they'll think the series doesn't sell and kill it completely.

Nyoro SF

That was quick. Looks like concurrent localization was prioritized for this title. Did they say anything about dual audio?

It's nice that Xbox is getting jrpgs and all, but there's no way in hell they recoup their porting costs here., no matter how low they are.

Wow another awesome RPG moving away from Turn Based Combat? I am loving this.
First time played FF game in FFXV due to real time combat and l am in love with the game. More the merrier.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is this the 3rd JRPG to come out for Xbox One like since forever?

Pachael

Good to hear it being localised - hoping the story and gameplay turns out good considering previous feedback.

Still expecting a PC version, but like XV that would probably only happen months/years down the line.

ezodagrom

Xbox but no Day 1 PC? The fuck is SEGA doing? I mean I'm planning on getting it on PS4 anyway, but I also want it to sell well.
That Atlus influence I guess?
Joking aside, since the European version is coming out through Deep Silver, this announcement is from SEGA America, if a PC version were to happen, the announcement would be from SEGA Europe I guess.

I watched a video of this game in action fairly recently (TGS footage?) and while it might be a good game in its own right, it really didn't look like the Valkyria game the fans have been clamouring for.

Did this game improve from the first demo? Because that was garbage, to be frank

I haven't paid very close attention, but I know Sega has completely revamped the combat system since that first demo. The development team seems to be paying as close attention to consumer feedback as the FF XV team did/is.

Top Bottom