• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega/Deep Silver publishing Valkyria Revolution in Q2 2017 on PS4/XB1/Vita

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Not physical for PS Vita.
Also, what is SEGA Europe doing, why does everything get published through Deep Silver?

Sega Europe manages Creative Assembly (Total War/Halo Wars), Sports Interactive (Football Manager), Relic (Dawn of War/Company of Heroes), and Amplitude (Endless Legends/Dungeons of the Endless/Endless Space). They also recently tried Motorsport Manager from a contract studio.

They're basically their PC digital arm.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'll pick it up for the Xbox. I don't really know anything about this title but I really enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles on PC/PS4 (missed it on PS3).

It's nice that Xbox is getting jrpgs and all, but there's no way in hell they recoup their porting costs here., no matter how low they are.

*Japanese dev announces Xbox version*

"Man idk. I'm worried about (Japanese company). How are they gonna make back that budget? Idk if this is a good idea."

I swear, every time. lol

Congrats, Xbox! You're getting the best franchise Sega has produced in the past decade.

If you like what you see, please donate a dollar to Vita. A dollar from all of you today will make Vita come back to life. Please think of the Vita the next time you play this...

I do want more japanese games on Xbox so I feel compeled to buy this one. Good job Sega/DS.
Also, I'm getting the physical version because the cover is great.

sense

It is possible this could be a play anywhere title that includes windows 10 version. Cheap enough for Ms to foot the bill and advertise the feature.

Alrus

I wish I could get excited for this as the original Valkyria Chronicles is amazing but all reports point to Sega completely missing what made the original popular in the west and a shitty combat system so it's a wait and see for me.

Also being silent on the possibility of a PC version when VC on steam was quite popular and people clearly showed interest is yet again some baffling Japanese publisher thing that is getting tiring.

ezodagrom

Yes, Sega West would probably be handing Steam themselves.
SEGA Europe*

SEGA America and SEGA Europe are pretty much separate entities, this announcement came from SEGA America, and SEGA Europe is the one with a PC focus, so if a PC announcement happens, it'll most likely come from the European branch.

It is possible this could be a play anywhere title that includes windows 10 version. Cheap enough for Ms to foot the bill and advertise the feature.
Please no...

Btw, I'd have thought Media Vision would've handled the Vita port themselves. They've a wealth of experience (Chaos Rings III; Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth; Summon Night 6) and it's releasing in Japan, so makes sense.

Ganado

Sega Europe manages Creative Assembly (Total War/Halo Wars), Sports Interactive (Football Manager), Relic (Dawn of War/Company of Heroes), and Amplitude (Endless Legends/Dungeons of the Endless/Endless Space). They also recently tried Motorsport Manager from a contract studio.

They're basically their PC digital arm.

But didn't they publish console games in EU before? What made them to stop? It is extra revenue that goes straight to the company instead of DS taking a cut. Will Sonic games be published by DS in the future?

kromeo

Are the creepy cutscene animations still in there? Will be buy this either way unless impressions from Japan are really bad

I just hope Sega Europe gets to put out a PC port. Sega did say they'd make some PC port announcements in January, so if they don't announce it then, it's not coming until way later in the year, which would suck unless they dial up the port's functionality up to 11.

Hikami

Does this have any sort of aiming like the first Valkyria Chronicles? Haven't seen much gameplay, from what I have seen though it has only been people running around with swords.

Think I'd want to wait for an eventual PC version if there is any aiming though since aiming with a controller in VC felt horrible.

MilkBeard

Cool, glad they are putting some effort behind this.

Also, for those freaking out at no PC: Do you guys realize by now? They want to wait for the superior PC version to get double-dip sales.

1.0 was trash and 2.0 is still trash. I feel bad for Valkyria series fans who are going to play this game.

Sega loves butchering their SRPG IPs.
I had seen footage of 1.0 before. I just watched some of 2.0 and it still looks....just awful. I would have grabbed VC4 in a heartbeat but not whatever this is meant to be.

The XO version is super weird. I expect this will bomb harder than FF Type-0 on Xbox One. But I'm thankful that they will bring the Vita version to west. At this point I'll take anything, even digital.

Cool, now if only the game was actually good. I hope this doesn't bury the series for ever.

I don't think this game is going to appeal to many people, Valkyria fans or not. As a fan of the series they are doing nothing that excites me with this game. I rather have Valkyria 3 HD to be honest.

Will probably get the VITA version. Though I wish big publishers/developers teamed with with smaller publishers like Limited Run Games and Signature Edition for Vita physical releases.

Top Bottom