• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost more pissed that there was no adjustment and Santino was almost thrown onto Wade's arm. That kinda shit can't happen

Even the Kofi elimination he almost bumped into Vicki.

The in-ring people knew that spot went very badly. At that point they were probably not focused on improvising.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think Ziggles is okay. His selling looked more like awesome Ziggles selling, not "Fuck I'm hurt bad".

He hit the table with his chest and never grabbed it.

Yeah, I think Ziggler came away ok. It looked like he might have really fucked his back, but he didn't stay put for long, and Ziggler's a pretty flexible dude. I think he narrowly avoided something really bad.

Brinbe

Of course they do. I would think either Ziggler or Barrett should win the MITB, so they have a ticket into the main event.
Definitely agree with you there, that's tailor-made for a Ziggler W. Gonna show that damn briefcase off.

And re-watched that Santino elimination spot on The Score replay, and wow, he came so close to Barrett, they kinda freaked out.

Also seeing Jericho and Cody team up to eliminate that big oaf just warms my heart. So awesome.

number47

Honestly that was a fairly typical spot. It was just too close to the announce table and it looked like Show may have overthrown him.

i usually recall when a throw happens, its on the other side, to allow more movement when they get up. not a tight area by the announcer table. its comparable to when they do they high flying spot . its rarely done near the announcer table.

no one noticed kofi almost got injuried too? r truth fell on his butt again. they need to take the reserves from nxt and give the raw main people a break.

on a odd note, this reminds me if when it was jeff/hhh battling for the spotlight. why is it that jeff has to do the crazy shit.

I think what was worse is how slow the paramedics were should take them 30 sec tops to get out there and help the guy barret was on the floor for at least 5 min

sajj316

It was a train reck main event. Top mid level talents getting injuried, Kofi almost splashed Vicky, Santino almost landing on injured Wade, and Cole being Cole.

15SBg.png

any clips/gifs of wades fall?

what happened exactly? broken arm?

well that would suck but at least its only his arm.

oh god.... WWE are gonna ban people jumping over the top rope now arent they? 2 incidents in a month.

RBH

What baffled me even more is how Cody and Santino decided to do that elimination spot on the same side of the ring where Barrett was still being attended to by the medics.

Bad situation that could've gotten even worse if Santino landed a few inches closer towards Barrett.

smr00

Banned
I didn't catch the wade thing but it looked like Ziggler broke his goddamn neck.

I hear people saying he didn't get injured, the way he was screaming and the fact they were blurring out the cussing makes me think otherwise, not to mention they completely stray away from even talking about that bump for the rest of the match and don't even mention it at the end.

Hope he's ok.

Ithil

Fuck I hope Wade doesn't miss WM because of this. Even minor injuries can take 4-6 weeks to heal, there's only 6 weeks til WM.

dream

Meltzer's writeup kind of makes it sound like such a comedy of errors:

Wade Barrett suffered a serious arm injury catching Dolph Ziggler who was thrown over the top rope by Big Show during the main event Battle Royal on Raw.

You could see Barrett holding his right arm and furious immediately knowing he suffered a serious injury. An "X" was signaled and doctors rushed to the scene as the match went on. Making it worse, is that when Santino Marella was thrown over the top, he landed on Barrett's possibly broken arm. Ziggler was also hurt when his shoulder and arm crashed on the table and R-Truth needed help going to the back.

Kofi Kington was probably not hurt but when he was thrown out he had to change his trajectory to avoid Vickie Guerrero and had an ugly crash into the boards.

Cody Rhodes, who came into the match hurt from last night with a right thigh or hamstring injury, was limping badly and was hurt worse when he did a Disaster kick and the leg gave out. However he got up and had several more spots to do including play a hand in helping eliminate Show which allowed Jericho to win the match.

People who have gotten major injuries wrestling Big Show in 2012.

Mark Henry - Hyper-extended his leg. Not Show's fault, but worth mentioning.
Randy Orton - Aggravated his back injury after a miscommunication with Big Show on the match finish.
Dolph Ziggler - Sells incredibly well, so it's hard to tell, but I mean he landed on the announce table with just his head and nothing more.
Wade Barrett - Looks like his elbow was shattered when Big Show overthrew Ziggler.

Ithil

Randy Orton - Aggravated his back injury after a miscommunication with Big Show on the match finish.
Dolph Ziggler - Sells incredibly well, so it's hard to tell, but I mean he landed on the announce table with just his head and nothing more.
Wade Barrett - Looks like his elbow was shattered when Big Show overthrew Ziggler.

He's a walking disaster right now. Keep him with Shaq and away from the rest of the roster.

EAcLM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom