• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Troika Batsuit vs. New52 Batsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I'm making this thread is that the developers of the game DC Universe Online want to make some new Batman skins to celebrate Batman 75th anniversary. They already made one skin, which is the 70s Batman with the gray suit, blue cowl, and another skin that they haven't announced yet. Now they ask the fan to vote which skin they should make next, the batsuit from Batman: Troika or the New52 one.

This makes me curious, what is GAF opinion on either suits? Which one do you prefer? Why?

Here is the Troika suit:
UHIqa0r.jpg

New52 suit:
8OJAWnI.jpg

Discuss. As for me, I'm not sure which one I like better, really.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The New 52 feels more accurate in terms of fighting and logistically what you'd want to be wearing when going up against Killer Kroc or fighting thirty dudes in a courtyard.

The Troika suit is fucking classic noir batman stylings. The cape lovingly draped over a gargoyle statue as batman perches above it. Shadows and splashes of light are its friend.

Troika

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Isn't the Troika suit essentially Keaton's suit from Batman 89?

Why aren't we just calling that Batman 89?

no because that suit never looked as cool as the Troika. Keaton Batman looks like a mound of rubber with a bright yellow center.

BadAss2961

New 52 is better. But they should go with the Troika because it's also a good suit, and is a bigger difference from what I believe is the default DCUO skin.

- J - D -

Troika really is just the '89 suit. I don't mind New52's lines. Drawn by the right artist it looks great -- So that one.

Isn't the Troika suit essentially Keaton's suit from Batman 89?

Why aren't we just calling that Batman 89?

Yeah, looking it up, basically the only difference between "Troika" and "89" is that Troika has spikes coming off the boots.

it's not the 89 batsuit. there were two Troika suits. the one you posted above me which was all black with spikes on his boots and the second troika suit had blue boots and gloves. no spikes on boots. also the second troika suit had reinforced armor and was also an NBC suit as well.

Both have elements I like but neither are my favourite. If I'd have to pick it would the New52. My ideal suit is a long eared, Year One. I believe Mazzucchelli did an early concept that was basically my ideal but he went with short ears for the final design.

Edit: Boom

yZChWGr3koqrpya6Av0bt6b7o1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom