• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tropical fun in the sun MH4 screens

Fistwell

dqrvHA2.png
Meh. *Goes back to playing DOA*

also

Banned
We had a 3 year drought between Tri and MH3U. While I'm sure we won't have to wait as long this time, don't expect it until 2014 (I'd like to be wrong).
Release dates and times between upgraded versions:

MH 11.3.2004
MGG 20.1.2005
----------------------
316 days

MGG 20.1.2005
MHF 1.12.2005
------------------
316 days

MH2 16.2.2006
MHF2 22.2.2007
---------------------
372 days

MHF2 22.2.2007
MHFU 27.3.2008
-------------------
400 days

Tri 1.8.2009
3rd 1.12.2010
--------------------------
488 days

3rd 1.12.2010
3U 10.12.2011
-------------------------
375 days

The situation is a little bit different this time since the main entries usually started on consoles and then transitioned to handhelds, but we should still expect MH 4G around a year from 4's launch and I beat that's the version the West will get. Outside Japan the MH brand isn't nearly popular enough to be able to support two ''similar'' versions one after the other and Capcom won't the make the upgrade DLC because they want to sell full priced versions in Japan where handheld entries get most of their sales.
So I'm predicting we will get MH4G end of 2014/early 2015 if Capcom and Nintendo hurry up with the localization ;_;

Mupod

The situation is a little bit different this time since the main entries usually started on consoles and then transitioned to handhelds, but we should still expect MH 4G around a year from 4's launch and I beat that's the version the West will get. Outside Japan the MH brand isn't nearly popular enough to be able to support two ''similar'' versions one after the other and Capcom won't the make the upgrade DLC because they want to sell full priced versions in Japan where handheld entries get most of their sales.
So I'm predicting we will get MH4G end of 2014/early 2015 if Capcom and Nintendo hurry up with the localization ;_;

Yeah I've been saying that a possible scenario is that they might skip MH4 and give us another simultaneous release of MH4G on wii u/3DS. Since they have to worry about an online infrastructure this time, and NA players are now used to the amount of content in the G games, only localizing those might make sense to Capcom. And there will be a MH4G, because why would Capcom pass that up?

I'd rather not wait that long though.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This is the one that has online play through WiFi right? Man if they don't bring this over to the states I'm going to make an angry post on some forums.

Mondriaan

This is the one that has online play through WiFi right? Man if they don't bring this over to the states I'm going to make an angry post on some forums.
It looks like another MH game that I won't be importing. Thanks, Region lock!

Also, (not sarcasm this time) good riddance to that shakalaka garbage!

Its more colorful than the MonsterHunters for PSP, but it basically looks the same.

I expected WAY more from the 3DS. Looking at those screens I'd say that it would be no problem to release this game with no major visual downgrades on the PSP.

Fewr

Also, the content is going to be very different - it's unlikely that MH4 will have a G rank, for one.

???

But that's the best part of MH.

How far would it go then in terms of game content and difficulty compared to MH3U?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like they're really focusing on loading this thing up with shaders. I imagine it will look quite good in the actual game.

Does anyone know what the frame rate is? I actually prefer playing MH3 on the 3DS because it has a higher frame rate than the Wii U version.

Can you post any pics that have some monster other than Jaggies?

Haha, clever. ;)

I'm guessing that this is another 3DS game that looks a million times better in motion+3D but I still have to say that I preferred the monster designs in Tri/3U a lot compared to what we've been shown in 4 so far.

Change is always good though.

Top Bottom