• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump berates Jewish reporter when asked about plan of actions against anti-semitism

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

Doesn't Trump have Jewish family members, though?
Him promising to move the US embassy to Jerusalem doesn't sound antisemitic to me either.
I've heard my racist uncle call his son-in-law and his own two black granddaughters (ages 4 and 7) the n word before.

Having diverse family members doesn't mean you can't be a racist piece of shit.

Spasm

Him promising to move the US embassy to Jerusalem doesn't sound antisemitic to me either.
The reporter didn't accuse him of being an anti-semite, and even went out of his way to illustrate his personal ties with Judaism. The question was, 'what are you going to do about the recent uptick in anti-Semitic threats of violence.'

That Trump took it as an accusation is stupefying.

Most rich people who've lived a predominately hedonistic lifestyle are racist, particularly when they reflect on their vast wealth and in that moment of self-delusion and guilt begin to intellectually justify the reason for their acquisition of it outside of the correct answers like inheritance and/or luck. Once they come up with their own reasons, they simplify and personify them into a living embodiment, as all intolerant minds repulsed by logical processes and prone to mental shortcuts are want to do.

djkimothy

That press conference was a real work of art and supplied at least a weeks worth of fodder for the late shows. How are you guys even coping...

Skilletor

Like...do people that ask these kinds of questions not see the actions he's taking?

If you care at all about jewish people, you don't have bannon as an adviser.

Actions >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Words

The reporter didn't accuse him of being an anti-semite, and even went out of his way to illustrate his personal ties with Judaism. The question was, 'what are you going to do about the recent uptick in anti-Semitic threats of violence.'

Right?

All he had to say was, "We don't condone anti-Semitic actions in the white house." (even though it would be a bullshit response)

He couldn't even do that, because he projects how he's actually feeling with every response he makes.

This situation reminds me of when Trump said, "There's nobody that has more respect for women than I do."

This guy is absolutely unreal.

rjinaz

You know, all he has to say is "I'm not racist". Why does he have to say that he's "least racist person you'll ever know"? He speaks like a fucking child.

The more Trump intensifies something, it seems the more likely it isn't true. He has to go the full extreme to try and cover up his bullshit in his mind. 'Not only am I not racist, I am the least racist person in the word!' Sure Donald.

And guilt showing. His reaction was to be on the defensive.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
A January 2012 Ami Magazine cover story on antisemitism had photoshopped the White House draped with swastika flags while stormtroopers marched across the South Lawn. That issue drew harsh criticism from readers and elicited public and print apologies by the publisher.

Really?

Ami also produces a women's magazine called Ami Living, and a tween magazine called Aim!. The magazine adheres to a strict interpretation of Tzniut that prohibits photographs of women on its pages and website.

giphy.gif

I am of course laughing at the sheer absurdity of having a woman focused magazines that prohibits photographs of women. I feel bad for the women that have to live in a life like this that want to get out.

Aselith

"I'm not racist or anti-semitic" employs a ton of white supremacists though.

This is what happens when you don't have a racist bone in your body BUT you promise to hire the best people and you believe whites are the superior race and want people to help you with that.

But hey, he hired Carson to run the Urban so it's all good.

Quixzlizx

So no prove here that he is antisemitic. I think we need to be careful throwing the word antisemitic about so as not to devalue its meaning.

How about the fact that two of his closest advisors are white-collar neo-Nazis? Is that good enough for you?

Oppo

well we knew Trump was unhinged

but boy, that reporter... how fucking pathetic, for him to go back and defend this ridiculous drubbing he received.... blind faith is a bitch, huh.

Sad!

rjinaz

Really?

giphy.gif

I am of course laughing at the sheer absurdity of having a woman focused magazines that prohibits photographs of women. I feel bad for the women that have to live in a life like this that want to get out.

How sad. In their minds Barack Obama was a nazi. Now, they actually have White Supremacy in the White House and they will never acknowledge it.

This is what happens when you don't have a racist bone in your body BUT you promise to hire the best people and you believe whites are the superior race and want people to help you with that.

But hey, he hired Carson to run the Urban so it's all good.
Which in itself is the truest of racist sentiments. I'm at the point where I wouldn't be surprised if Trump had a secret black kid. Even Strom Thurmond had a black daughter.

L Thammy

I don't get everyone's reaction. Obviously Trump is not a racist. If he was a racist, he would tell us.

this is not a serious post

Crocodile

Reporter: "Anti-Semitism is on the rise, what are you and your administration going to do about it?"

*Trump takes it as a personal attack*

This is the second time in two days Trump has botched a question on Anti-Semitism. Hell let's not forget the shitstorm that was the Holocaust Remembrance Day message. Or the Neo-Nazis running around in his administration or the anti-Semitic flames he stoked all throughout his campaign. I don't know if Trump personally hates Jews but he is SUPER wiling to shit on them by proxy and hire people who hate Jews so it ain't any better to be honest.

This sort of behavior is conveyed in cartoons and children's books.

I-want-my.jpg

A 5 year old would be suspicious of his response.

Perfect <3

He won't speak out against Putin or the rise in antisemitism but he's quick to respond when there are protests against alt-right members for speaking at universities.

Oppo

all future questions should include the term "anti semitism"

from all reporters

just to see

caliph95

How was this hard question, this seems like an easy question for any politician. The rporter even went out his way to say he doesn't believe he was bigoted just what he was going to do about antisemitic attacks. Why did he need to be defensive just say you don't tolerate it and we are going to try our hardest to stamp it out. A teenager can answer the question.

I have really gotta get around to getting my Israeli citizenship in order. I'd advise other US Jews to do the same. I don't wanna move to Israel for a variety of reasons, but having the option to flee the country if it becomes necessary is starting to look for retry important.

Faiz

Stupefying that the reporter in question then turns around and defends Trump.

Got

Banned
Same as it always is. They have more problems with name calling than the actions and words the person it applied to did or said.

how fucking ignorant do you have to be to say that someone isn't racist or bigoted because they know someone of the race or culture personally?

Toxi

Banned
The funny thing is, this conversation shows that anti-Semitism doesn't require conscious anti-Semitic beliefs. It just requires someone with a big enough ego and thin enough skin that he will completely ignore the legitimate issues the Jewish community faces in favor of propping up his own reputation.

Donald Trump possesses neither curiosity nor compassion, and the combination of those flaws is as dangerous as the most hateful bigots.

ICO_SotC

That was so *clearly* a a planted question, and Trump can't even do that right. He's hilariously incompetent at almost everything.

The reporter tried to interject at one point to remind Trump that this was supposed to be a gimme, and that still didn't work.

The SNL skits right themselves at this point.

"Mr President, you're really just a fantastic guy and I think the criticisms of you are unfair, but I wondered if you could take a minute to hit this lovely, slow softball I'm sending your way..."

"RARGLEBARGLEWORDSPEW!"

The Wotsit-in-Chief strikes again - and how embarrassing, sad and demeaning to see Turx defending him on Twitter after being treated like that.

caliph95

That was so *clearly* a a planted question, and Trump can't even do that right. He's hilariously incompetent at almost everything.

The reporter tried to interject at one point to remind Trump that this was supposed to be a gimme, and that still didn't work.

He should stop complaining about SNL when he pretty much gives them tons of material. He might as well have a writing credit

Violet_0

Banned
I don't really buy the idea that Trump is anti-semitic, but I'm readily willing to believe that a number of high-ranking people in the Trump administration are, which more or less leads the same issue

caliph95

"Mr President, you're really just a fantastic guy and I think the criticisms of you are unfair, but I wondered if you could take a minute to hit this lovely, slow softball I'm sending your way..."

"RARGLEBARGLEWORDSPEW!"

The Wotsit-in-Chief strikes again - and how embarrassing, sad and demeaning to see Turx defending him on Twitter after being treated like that.
You heard the question was totally not an easy or question a total amateur can easily answer.

Here's the thing though, you're misreading the purpose of the press conference. This was 100% about bashing the media. He wasn't interested in seriously answering this or any other question. It was all about screaming about how unfair the press is to him. Whether that's because of strategy or just his outrageously thin skin is still up in the air, though.

I've heard my racist uncle call his son-in-law and his own two black granddaughters (ages 4 and 7) the n word before.

Having diverse family members doesn't mean you can't be a racist piece of shit.

Always baffling that people can't get this through their thick skulls..

Zolo

This was 100% about bashing the media.

Yep. Just watch the video. He sets it up from the start to go out on an attack, and then he took a question that should have been a simple answer as an attack on him to try and portray the media as scummy.

Skilletor

I don't really buy the idea that Trump is anti-semitic, but I'm readily willing to believe that a number of high-ranking people in the Trump administration are, which more or less leads the same issue

You don't hire (known) anti-semites if you aren't one.

L Thammy

Yep. Just watch the video. He sets it up from the start to go out on an attack, and then he took a question that should have been a simple answer as an attack on him to try and portray the media as scummy.

Now I'm wondering if the future of politics is going to be diving like soccer.

MUnited83

For you.
It's disturbing how he just can't turn off his massive hyperbole. "Least racist person in the world" LMAO
So no prove here that he is antisemitic. I think we need to be careful throwing the word antisemitic about so as not to devalue its meaning.
Reminder that kayzai is the dude that pops up in every single Trump thread to defend him and say whatever he has done is not a big deal.

Ottaro

This was certainly one of the most stunning parts of what was already an unnerving press conference.

Trump was a complete ass to that reporter. The second he thinks someone is against him he becomes indefensibly antagonistic.

Garlador

This was certainly one of the most stunning parts of what was already an unnerving press conference.

Trump was a complete ass to that reporter. The second he thinks someone is against him he becomes indefensibly antagonistic.

I wonder why...
"Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day." - Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom