• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump challenges states on voter fraud: ‘What are they trying to hide?’

Christian

He is hung up on losing the popular vote and it grates h to this day.

That's why he keeps talking about his electoral college numbers.

No, I get that. I'm saying, it makes you wonder why he cares that states are withholding. Probably just because he's a power-hungry egomaniac that expects everyone to bow to his every whim, but it's not like the results states provide matter. Trump and his commission are just going to make stuff up.

Biske

Really does make you wonder what solid red states like Utah are hiding.

I mean it makes you think....

fucking dumb as hell this man

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
The ones against.
DDpuOWZXcAE4rGI.jpg:large

Why am I not surprised that Florida is not on this list? Gdi, Scott.

Dishwalla

Banned
It's funny to see so called conservatives not upset when big government is trying to force states to turn over voter information. This should be something every conservative would theoretically be against.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Trump is really more upset about not being able to significantly expand his mailing list for Trump Steaks-- Guaranteed to be edible when burnt to a crisp and slathered with ketchup!

Biske

It's funny to see so called conservatives not upset when big government is trying to force states to turn over voter information. This should be something every conservative would theoretically be against.

The rule of conservatism is if the strongman you like is doing the shit you foam at the mouth against, you like it.

I must admit I don't understand how who you voted for can be public knowledge. I know if you voted at all is public knowledge but I thought General Elections were a secret ballot. Can someone explain how anyone else can know which party you voted for in a secret ballot? Because if that's true then it's not a secret ballot and that's fucked up.

Ponn

Banned
The ones against.

Yea, figured fucking Voldemort in my state would be sending my information to Trump. He was the original snake oil salesman getting into office so birds of a feather, completely pointless to even try to write him. He blatantly goes against the will of the people and won't even implement laws that legally got voted in. This shit is blatantly illegal but it's fucking Trump so business as usual. Those state rights GOP love so much.

Zolo

We are at least seeing some red state officials against this.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Dawg, you won the election already. Fucking stop. There can only be nefarious purposes behind getting this information. Glad most places are telling him to fuck off. I need DE on this list though.

Zolo

Dawg, you won the election already. Fucking stop. There can only be nefarious purposes behind getting this information. Glad most places are telling him to fuck off. I need DE on this list though.

It eats at him badly he didn't win the popular vote.

adj_noun

the commission sent letters to 50 states and the District on Wednesday asking for a trove of information

This is what they sent to Connecticut:

I serve as the Vice Chair for the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity
(”Commission"), which was formed pursuant to Executive Order 13799 of May 11, 2017.

The Commission is charged with studying the registration and voting processes used in federal electionsand submitting a report o the President of the United States that identifies laws, rules, policies, activities, strategies, and practices that enhance or undermine the American people's confidence in the integrity of federal elections processes.

As the Commission begins it work, I invite you to contribute your views and recommendations throughout this process.

In particular:

What changes, if any, to federal election laws would you recommend to enhance the integrity of federal elections?

How can the Commission support state and local election administrators with regard to
information technology security and vulnerabilities?

What laws, policies, or other issues hinder your ability to ensure the integrity of elections you administer?
What evidence or information do you have regarding instances of voter fraud or
registration fraud in your state?
What convictions for election-related crimes have occurred in your state since the
November 2000 federal election?
What recommendations do you have for preventing voter intimidation or disenfranchisement?
What other issues do you believe the Commission should consider?

In addition, in order for the Commission to fully analyze vulnerabilities and issues related to voter registration and voting, I am requesting that you provide to the Commission the publicly-available voter roll data for Connecticut, including,if publicly available under the laws of your state:

the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party(if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status, information regarding any felony convictions, information regarding voter registration in another state, information regarding military status, and overseas citizen information.

We'll see if they stick to their guns and push back against Trump beyond this since this action makes it clear that this administration doesn't give a single shit about US citizens and their rights. Nothing that comes out of it should be supported or defended.

...but he lost the popular vote (got smoked even), and that burns his ass more than anything.

Kevtones

This is all from the Brannon playbook right?

Also can anyone illuminate if this type of request has been made before? Have our ballots always been protected? Either way, this seems like a tremendously fucked move from Trump and I loved that response from Mississippi especially.

Did he release his taxes? No? Pot, meet kettle.

Edit: What is it with him going capslock mode when it's something controversy like FAKE NEWS and now VOTER FRAUD?

I think they're trying to hide people's information so that you don't suppress and intimidate them, Mr. President.
How does aggregating voter registration lists that any candidate (including Trump) can get and will be three years out of date for his next election allow Trump to suppress or intimidate voters? EIL5 for me, I just don't get the mechanism that's unique in this situation.

Rather I think this was a ploy to get some absurd number of "duplicate" voters by cross checking names, DOB, and SSN so that he could lamely attempt to claim that he won the popular vote or, if state refused to give him the files, to claim that states are hiding fraud.

Considering how many states are refusing, and how many of the refusals are based on clear state law, the cross-checking is probably nothing more than a convenient excuse to force the states to refuse so that he can claim the states are hiding something.

As much as everyone is making a big of deal out of this to make themselves look good, the instances I've looked at are all just following state law on handling of voter registration lists.

RPGCrazied

Texas finally has a spine for once? It will be short lived, but better then nothing. This is nothing but voter suppression.

commedieu

Banned
How does aggregating voter registration lists that any candidate (including Trump) can get and will be three years out of date for his next election allow Trump to suppress or intimidate voters? EIL5 for me, I just don't get the mechanism that's unique in this situation.

Rather I think this was a ploy to get some absurd number of "duplicate" voters by cross checking names, DOB, and SSN so that he could lamely attempt to claim that he won the popular vote or, if state refused to give him the files, to claim that states are hiding fraud.

Considering how many states are refusing, and how many of the refusals are based on clear state law, the cross-checking is probably nothing more than a convenient excuse to force the states to refuse so that he can claim the states are hiding something.

As much as everyone is making a big of deal out of this to make themselves look good, the instances I've looked at are all just following state law on handling of voter registration lists.

There is no reason to collect data from states. States do this themselves. Voter fraud is code for not letting minorities vote. In reality fraud is like .0000001% The administration is under investigation for colluding with Russia.

They can go fuck themselves. Proud of the state's that have told them to pound sand.

Which states are outright refusing? The articles only listed a few, and a few totally on board.

Privacy, states rights. Blue states aren't complying for obvious reasons, and red states have always outright opposed invasive "government wants our information" shit like this. Hell they don't even like complying with the Census.

Boke1879

IT's amazing. A Government doing more actual overreach than it needs to. And the Right is fucking silent.

These people had an imagined threat of Obama "taking away your guns" but these people want voter information from all states. SMH

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, he just cannot let go losing the popular vote. He did not completely win the election, thus the petty fuck's soul is slowly burning.
I hope this asshole is suffering hard, that it keeps him awake at night and never gives him a single second of piece of mind. It's the least he deserves.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The ones against.

If anybody thinks the State of Oklahoma is refusing this commission in order to protect Democratic voter fraud, they're insane. Trump got more than double the votes of Clinton here and Republicans hold pretty much every government position with more than safe margins.

Kimawolf

of course fukcing Missouri.. ugh we need to really split this state in half.

For immediate release: June 30, 2017

Contact: Maura Browning, Communications Director, (573) 526-0949

Ashcroft's Statement on Election Integrity Commission

Jefferson City, Mo. — Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft issued the following statement regarding a letter received on June 28 from the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity:

”For 40 years under Missouri law (Ch. 115.157, RSMo) certain data is publicly available. The commission's letter asks for ‘publicly-available' information, which we would share with any person or organization making an open records request. We will protect Missourians' private information. The laws of each state are different, and in Missouri, some of the data requested by the commission is open to the public. We plan to comply by providing publicly-available information per state law.

”The commission's questions are fair and we will be glad to assist in offering our thoughts on these important matters. I look forward to working with Secretary Kris Kobach and the commission on its findings and offer our support in the collective effort to enhance the American people's confidence in the integrity of the elections process."

—30—

Visit www.sos.mo.gov to learn more about the Office of the Missouri Secretary of State.

abundant

IT's amazing. A Government doing more actual overreach than it needs to. And the Right is fucking silent.

These people had an imagined threat of Obama "taking away your guns" but these people want voter information from all states. SMH

Ir's blatantly obvious that the GOP are now the party of Do as I say not as I Do.

Top Bottom