• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump challenges states on voter fraud: ‘What are they trying to hide?’

The ones against.
DDpuOWZXcAE4rGI.jpg:large

I'm not shocked that Missouri is not on this list. I'm just completely dismayed by the continual fuck ups our politicians are. Fuck this state

Why the fuck is Maryland not on that list? Gotta make some calls I guess.

As a Marylander, I'm wondering the same thing as well. I've already sent emails out.

Fellow Marylander here. Here's an article about it, but basically it boils down to we have open case laws. However, they're pretty strict. You have to be a resident of Maryland and sign an oath saying you wont use these records for specific reasons, and not, say voter fraud. This allows local politicians to get records for things like canvasing and voting samples.

The guy heading this is from Kansas, and obviously using it for bad reasons, so they'll have to step up their game if they want the records.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-ci-election-data-20170630-story.html

You'd think Trump voters would acknowledge how dangerous this would be if a Democrat takes office one day and also has access to this information. But they seem to be operating under the belief that Trump won narrowly so they will never lose again.

I'm not arguing that Kobach isn't awful, I'm asking how a three year old list will help Trump suppress/intimidate voters in 2020 considering that he'll be able to get a fresh one as a candidate.

There is no reason to collect data from states. States do this themselves. Voter fraud is code for not letting minorities vote. In reality fraud is like .0000001% The administration is under investigation for colluding with Russia.

They can go fuck themselves. Proud of the state's that have told them to pound sand.
Yes, voter fraud is used as an excuse to make voting harder, but as we see from Trump's response from the states' response or even the election itself, he doesn't need the lists or facts to make that claim. In reality, the lists don't matter, that's why this is political theatre.

(BTW - The overall vote fraud is nowhere near that rare. In person voter impersonation - the kind of vote fraud Rs scaremonger about to get voter ID laws passed - is, but not duplicate voting, absentee ballot fraud, etc... However, it is rare enough that fraud is not likely to effect elections beyond very small local elections.)

If you're Missourian call the Missouri ACLU

John Aschcroft's son is the secetary of state in Missouri, so of course he'll turn over all our records to lord trump

If you're Missourian call the Missouri ACLU

John Aschcroft's son is the secetary of state in Missouri, so of course he'll turn over all our records to lord trump
You guys are getting all up in arms about this, but as I'm reading these various states' responses, they're all just following state laws regarding voter registration lists. The ones who have stricter laws regarding them just get to score political points by "standing up" to Trump.

If Trump really wants the lists, he could get them as a candidate.

You guys are getting all up in arms about this, but as I'm reading these various states' responses, they're all just following state laws regarding voter registration lists. The ones who have stricter laws regarding them just get to score political points by "standing up" to Trump.

If Trump really wants the lists, he could get them as a candidate.

The fear is reprisal and retaliation by the white house and voter suppression and russian hacking and identity theft

BUT NOOOO I'm the crazy one thinking that a voting comission from Trump himself will suppress my vote

yeah I'm the crazy one /rolling my eyes

The fear is reprisal and retaliation by the white house and voter suppression and russian hacking and identity theft

BUT NOOOO I'm the crazy one thinking that a voting comission from Trump himself will suppress my vote

yeah I'm the crazy one /rolling my eyes
These lists, even if he got them, do not give him any unique power to suppress votes.

UberTag

States don't have anything to hide, they just don't want Trump to have all that info. WIth that amount and type of information, he could potentially go on retaliatory witch hunts against people who didn't vote for him.
The National Enquirer is going to need to start publishing issues twice weekly. Once a week isn't going to cut it any more.

They know Trump will bundle this up as a gift for Putin. Oh, he won't do it officially, but it'll all end up in a poorly secured database that'll easily get hacked.

L Thammy

Isn't this the dude who told his base to game the system and vote multiple times? You'd think he'd want to shove voter fraud under the rug.

Hey Trump, why don't you release your tax returns, what do you have to hide? See it really easy to make stuff look like something's wrong
but this case, Trump is suspicious
. Good job on those states that said "Fuck that" and said no.

cress2000

Hey, you useless narcissistic gaslighting piece of shit, remember that time you said you'd be happy to release your tax returns but now you absolutely won't?

Tell me why I should trust you with mine and everyone else's information?

Again why is the last 4 numbers of my SSN and my voting history is so goddamn relevant to a REPUBLICAN voting comission?

This is straight up fascism and voter suppression.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't this the dude who told his base to game the system and vote multiple times? You'd think he'd want to shove voter fraud under the rug.
This fucker is projecting everything. Everything he accused someone else of doing, he has done 50 times worse. This shouldn't be surprising.

Syriel

Why am I not surprised that Florida is not on this list? Gdi, Scott.

Because Florida makes all of its info freely available as public record (like a good chunk of other states) so there is no need to decline.

https://floridaresidentdb.com/
http://flvoters.com/

Not official state sites, but sites which got the info from the state.

The latter even tells you to not to bother to data mine. They just let you download the original records.

http://flvoters.com/downloads.html

While Trump's request is over-reaching, a vast treasure trove of what many would consider personal information is public information in the US. People just don't realize it because they don't know it's out there.

Top Bottom