• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump has his first presidential portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Trump isn't president yet, but he has his first presidential portrait.

C-SPAN revealed it Wednesday as part of its American Presidents Life Portraits exhibit. The network says the painting of the president-elect is the first portrait since he was elected.

North Carolina painter and sculptor Chas Fagan, who has painted all 44 prior presidents for the exhibit, said Trump’s “distinctive brow line” made it hard to depict Trump's eyes.

“One of the more challenging aspects of this specific portrait was President-Elect Trump’s eyes. In most photos, his eyes are in shadow and difficult to see, in part due to his distinctive brow line. But eyes are such a recognizable feature, and necessary to give a portrait warmth and personality, so I worked to give them a bit more prominence.” Fagan concluded that “the result is that we have a softer look into his face than we often get from public media photography."

Fagan said he reviewed multiple photographs of Trump to use as guidance, but he ultimately settled on one from an online advertisement for an upcoming interview because Trump looked more relaxed than usual.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...idential-portrait-cspan-chase-fagan/95913268/

WMmxJfE.jpg

Here are the ones for Bush and Obama as well.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
One of the most rare moments where I can acknowledge that a piece of art is great yet still want to burn it.

Dishwalla

Banned
Trying to figure out his expression. Think it's a sort of "man ya'll got fucking played" type deal. There's definitely a smirk going on there.

HvySky

Trying to figure out his expression. Think it's a sort of "man ya'll got fucking played" type deal. There's definitely a smirk going on there.

I feel like it's midway between that smirk, and the realization of the responsibility that comes with being, you know, the President. Arrogant smirk -> Confusion and silent terror

SaganIsGOAT

So when it is a Trump thread we are allowed to be demeaning about his appearance? I see people get dumped on in other threads for doing it, why should it be allowed here?

Azzanadra

I don't know why, but next to Bush and Obama, Trump seems like the odd one out even though physically he looks more like Bush than Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom