• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump holds town hall that's totally not debate prep you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to need a lot more prep:

CuIPPILVIAEkMqg.jpg

That's pretty babbly even for Trump lol. Of course, I don't buy that he's not doing any kind of debate prep. I mean there's this (lol), but I bet he's doing way more behind the scenes, he just wants to keep up that illusion like it's all off the cuff. But in the end, it won't matter. Like I said, you can't make something out of nothing, and that's really all Trump has at the end of the day, a bunch of nothing.

Lace

I need to stop reading the comments of these videos. Just an echo chamber of ignorance with a splash of deep seeded hatred.

That's pretty babbly even for Trump lol. Of course, I don't buy that he's not doing any kind of debate prep. I mean there's this (lol), but I bet he's doing way more behind the scenes, he just wants to keep up that illusion like it's all off the cuff. But in the end, it won't matter. Like I said, you can't make something out of nothing, and that's really all Trump has at the end of the day, a bunch of nothing.

I doubt he has much time behind the scenes with stunts like this and his campaign rallies. People said the same thing before his first debate.

johnsmith

remember me
Hispanics, they love Trump!

CuIceoIXgAQbpj5.jpg:large

We're the highest taxed nation in the world, except for some other country nobody's ever heard of

CuIcQMvXEAABaBF.jpg:large

The question was "how do you define the middle class" and he calls Mexico the 8th wonder of the world.

they don't people

Indeed Mr. Republican Candidate for US Presidency

Indeed

---

Also pivoting the question of how to get more hispanic votes from an anecdote about a rally in Las Vegas with high hispanic turnout to how you're going to get the African American vote is quite the pivot

I doubt he has much time behind the scenes with stunts like this and his campaign rallies. People said the same thing before his first debate.

And I think he was prepping more behind the scenes there, too. You can honestly kind of see that, because for the most part Trump isn't really surprised by much of what is said (until the Miss Universe part, which obviously took him by surprise). But like I said, it's not going to help him much just like it didn't at the first debate, and whatever he's doing is most certainly not to the level of what Clinton is doing.

If the potus had to take a drug trust before they could become president would Donald even pass? He sounds like he's been snorting adderall lately...

Mariolee

This is all giving off the impression that he's actually going to be worse at the second presidential debate if that's even possible.

8th generation American of Hispanic descent?

At the 8th generation you can be a descendant of all the races no?

I dont think so, but if im not mistaken an 8th generation Hispanic born in the USA would mean that its possible that the original immigrants(theres about 256 in that generation) were citizens of a colony and not a sovereign nation

Thats how far shes going.

realistically hillary would have been preparing for weeks if not months for this town hall so she should get some rest before the debate where she crushes him into tinier pieces

johnsmith

remember me
This is all giving off the impression that he's actually going to be worse at the second presidential debate if that's even possible.
Oh yeah. There's no doubt in my mind he'll do worse. He's tilted from his loss. He has no experience with the format. And Clinton knows how easily he can be baited now. I'm fully expecting him to either insult a questioner or say something so shocking we hear the audience gasp.

The reason the US is the highest taxed country he's ever heard of is because cunt nugget "billionaires" like him avoid paying their fair share for 20+ years.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's going to be an unavoidable disaster. He has a tenuous grasp on policy at the best of times. There just isn't enough time to coach someone to get then to this level, especially going up against a former Secretary of State.

Plus Trump rambles. That isn't even me being critical against him, he just does. If he isnt reading off a teleprompter, he goes off on extremely long and confusing tangents. At this point I would say that trying to get him to make short and simple points is the only way for this not to be a trainwreck. And they seem to be doing that with the clock and lights.

But I don't see it doing much good. You can't Pygmalion this in such a short period of time. The primaries should have been when the training started but the field was so large that he never had anything approaching a 1v1 debate.

It's going to be an unavoidable disaster. He has a tenuous grasp on policy at the best of times. There just isn't enough time to coach someone to get then to this level, especially going up against a former Secretary of State.

Plus Trump rambles. That isn't even me being critical against him, he just does. If he isnt reading off a teleprompter, he goes off on extremely long and confusing tangents. At this point I would say that trying to get him to make short and simple points is the only way for this not to be a trainwreck. And they seem to be doing that with the clock and lights.

But I don't see it doing much good. You can't Pygmalion this in such a short period of time. The primaries should have been when the training started but the field was so large that he never had anything approaching a 1v1 debate.

The clock was set to 2 minutes, the time they are alloted in debates. It's not that short of a time really, when explaining something.

He's 70 years old. He is who he is, and he's not going to change. It's very clear he believes he won the first debate and thus has no reason to prepare for the second. This town hall seems like little more than a concession his campaign begged him to make. Conway isn't stupid, she seems pretty good at her job (given what she has to deal with). I can imagine her or Trump's family begged him to prepare more for this debate and he agreed to hold a mock town hall...and yet he didn't even approach it seriously. So even when he gives in...he doesn't really give in.

I really think he's going to have a bigger meltdown this time. He's either going to explode on an audience member who asks a stinging question or he's going to go too far with Hillary (i.e. bring up Bill's cheating for instance). Of both.

MIMIC

Banned
I wonder what ultimately lead to this: his family/advisors, or seeing how "well" Pence did. Either way, it probably won't lead to much.

-MB-

He literally projects all of his weaknesses onto her. Every. single. one. It's insane.

it all ties in with their attempts of false equivelancies and "both sides are the same"
Does not mastter if is al so blatantly and factually verifiably false.

“I said forget debate prep. I mean, give me a break,” Trump said at one point. “Do you really think that Hillary Clinton is debate-prepping for three or four days. Hillary Clinton is resting, okay?”

I fail to grasp how he believes Hillary slaughtering him with zero prep makes him look better...

I hope some woman at the next debate asks, "Do you think I'm fat?"

'You talk about fat, I can honestly say this, and, by the way, don't we love cake? We love cake. But we don't eat cake anymore! Nobody eats cake anymore! Not gonna happen, folks. Not gonna happen. And believe me, we're going to build the cake. And Betty Crocker is going to pay for the cake. She doesn't KNOW it yet, but she's gonna pay for it. Big league.'

Best thing to do in this scenario is tax big businesses even less!

Yup, if the rich are allowed to keep getting richer then they will create new businesses and jobs. 'Trickle down economics'. Trump is 'trickling' all over the faces of Americans and half of them are drinking it down and saying it tastes like lemonade.

'You talk about fat, I can honestly say this, and, by the way, don't we love cake? We love cake. But we don't eat cake anymore! Nobody eats cake anymore! Not gonna happen, folks. Not gonna happen. And believe me, we're going to build the cake. And Betty Crocker is going to pay for the cake. She doesn't KNOW it yet, but she's gonna pay for it. bigly'

Ftfy

Well that's generally how practices go.

There was a really good article about how Al Gore messed up in the first 2000 debate.

Debate prep usually involves hiring a politically competent stand in to act as your opponent, by studying their talking points and personality quirks, which allows you a chance to work your way through tough questions they are likely to ask. So Bush shocked the world by being decently prepared, and Gore came off as smug and condescending.

Having softballs lobbed to you by sycophants doesn't really help anything but your ego.

Why would anyone who makes poverty level wages (especially with a family) not send in a tax form? It allows them to collect their earned income credit and receive back everything they paid throughout the year.

RPGCrazied

I can't wait to see him act like a complete and utter fool on Sunday! Without teleprompters, he is just unhinged. Hopefully its worse off for him than the last debate. I really hope Anderson does a good job, but I don't know. The last 2 moderators have been awful.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol I just want four things from the debate.

- An overweight woman asking Trump if she's not qualified for a job in his organization.
- A black man asking Trump why he should be stopped and frisked.
- A Hispanic man asking Trump why he thinks hes a rapist.
- A muslim person asking Trump why he thinks shes hiding terrorists.

There is no way he doesnt take the bait. i have no idea why hes even responding about the allegations that he wasnt pleased with Pence's performance. hes got such thin skin.

I can't wait to see him act like a complete and utter fool on Sunday! Without teleprompters, he is just unhinged. Hopefully its worse off for him than the last debate. I really hope Anderson does a good job, but I don't know. The last 2 moderators have been awful.

i just hope hes doesnt allow bullshit to flop around all night

Oh noes...he's prepping for the debate you guys!! What a scoundrel.

Everyone heard him consistently interrupt both the moderator and Hillary, there was no mic issue. I'd love for his people to actually point out time stamps where he says something and it wasn't able to be heard.
There was mic problems for him...confirmed by the debate committee. It could have affected the audiences cheers if they couldnt hear him as well.

lol I just want four things from the debate.

- An overweight woman asking Trump if she's not qualified for a job in his organization.
- A black man asking Trump why he should be stopped and frisked.
- A Hispanic man asking Trump why he thinks hes a rapist.
- A muslim person asking Trump why he thinks shes hiding terrorists.

There is no way he doesnt take the bait. i have no idea why hes even responding about the allegations that he wasnt pleased with Pence's performance. hes got such thin skin.

As a bisexual atheist brown man from a Muslim family, it would be a dream come true to be at one of these things and ask trump a loaded-as-fuck question that would really get him going on a tirade haha. I've actually dreamt about it.

Mr Swine

Banned
Kinda sad since you need a lot more time and preparation for this, heck it would take months if not years to get to hillary's level of debating

Why is Trump so against preparation for a debate?

I mean that would be logical, and people won't think less of him, Why does it bother him so much?

I mean that would be logical, and people won't think less of him, Why does it bother him so much?

Because he has run his campaign on the fabrication that he is knowledgeable and fully capable and prepared to lead the country. The fact that he can't even be prepared for a debate disproves this. He'd look awful if he actually admitted that he needed preparation for this. He thinks taking the time to educate oneself and prepare for a challenge is a sign of weakness.

He specifically called out Hillary the last debate for preparing as if it was a bad thing to do. He's a dumb fuck lol

Sephzilla

So is this debate going to be the one where Trump cracks and calls her a bitch on national television, or is that getting saved for debate #3 when Trump reaches his frustration apex?

iammeiam

Donald Trump is not a mere mortal like you or I; the man is success and opulence personified. To admit to preparing would be to admit to having had shortcomings that required pedestrian things like practice and effort to overcome, and such things are unworthy of a man so visionary, so endowed with win, so impeccable. He won't admit to practicing for the same reason he can't ever apologize--when you perceive a gap between Donald Trump and perfection, the failing is not with Donald, but with your concept of perfection.

Donald Trump can no more prepare to succeed than water can prepare to be wet; success is an innate part of his essential Trumpness.

or he's a giant manbaby with the biggest, most sensitive ego ever seen and an inability to focus. One of the two.

I'm always going to worry about these debates, regardless of Trump's demonstrably stupidity, but the vision of him blundering about this town hall format like a rapidly deflating orange balloon has me smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom