• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump knew about Fox News debate question in advance, Megyn Kelly reveals in book

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Ms. Kelly writes that her problems started in August, the Monday before the first Republican presidential primary debate. She had just done a segment on her show, “The Kelly File,” that infuriated Mr. Trump. He refused to make his own scheduled appearance on her show unless she phoned him personally.

“I almost unleashed my beautiful Twitter account against you,” she says he told her, “and I still may.”

Then, the day before the first presidential debate, Mr. Trump was in a lather again, Ms. Kelly writes. He called Fox executives, saying he’d heard that her first question “was a very pointed question directed at him.” This disconcerted her, because it was true: It was about his history of using disparaging language about women.

She doesn’t speculate where the leak came from. (She reports. You decide.) But that’s another unambiguous takeaway from this book: Parts of Fox — or at the very least, Roger Ailes, the network’s chairman until July, when he was given the boot after several allegations of sexual harassment were made against him — seemed to be nakedly colluding with the Republican presidential nominee.
Her story becomes more byzantine. On the day of the debate, Ms. Kelly writes, she woke up feeling great. Then an overzealous, suspiciously enthusiastic driver picked her up to take her to the convention center. He insisted on getting her coffee, though she’d repeatedly declined his offer. Once it was in her hand, she drank it. And within 15 minutes, she was violently ill, vomiting so uncontrollably that it was unclear if she’d be able to go on and help moderate that evening. It was so bad that she kept a trash pail beneath her desk throughout the debate, just in case.

Ms. Kelly never says outright that someone tried to poison her. (A stomach bug was going around, she notes.) But the episode spooked her enough that she shared it later with Roger Ailes and a lawyer friend of his. Foul play? Again: She reports. You decide.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/b...emoir-settle-for-more.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

The question in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y9_LJj7A68

#rigged

Update: Kelly responded on Twitter
For the record, my book "Settle for More" does not suggest Trump had any debate Qs in advance, nor do I believe that he did.
Also for the record, I believe the reason I got sick the day of the first debate was I contracted a stomach virus, just as Rand Paul did.

norm9

Mgeyn Kelly might work for a shit station and say some stupid ass shit, but her commencement speech from a few months back is pretty good.

bsp

Mgeyn Kelly might work for a shit station and say some stupid ass shit, but her commencement speech from a few months back is pretty good.

Megyn could have done much more but from the amount of Fox broadcasting that has been drowning my house I've come to notice she tends to be the most "left" or "anti-Trump" of the main Fox hosts. Even on election night she was the only one bringing up his remarks towards minorities and women.

Ithil

I'd be shocked if both sides didn't know all of them in every debate. This really doesn't matter.

Except he threw a shitfit over Clinton knowing one and claimed it was a sign she was "corrupt", while he himself was doing the same thing. It's yet another blatant hypocrisy that Republicans just ignore.

TwP90En.png
I figured there was some line where everything he said about someone else wouldn't be true of himself, but it is really is every single thing.

Carnby

So both Trump and Hillary cheated during the debates. Got it.

Not outraged at all. This is a mole hill.

RainForce

Banned
And yet he did so poorly at them.

At least that's my perception, but clearly a lot of people disagreed. My whole world has been turned upside down to have to consider him at the debates a good showing.

Maximus.

Has this news come out earlier, it wouldn't have changed anything. He had so much negative news out before the election and still won.

D.Lo

So he didn't get the question, but heard the first question was a tough one directed to him? Not quite the same as getting the full question like Clinton did, allowing Clinton to prepare a canned answer about Lead.

I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen a lot. Leaks can get out.

Honestly this ranks low for me. It's not like he did well with the knowledge.
Did you watch the video? They loved his answer! He got heaps of press with the Rosie O'Donnell line.

Yeah his answer was a non-answer though.

She did write though that she didn't give the info to him in her tweet.

I also thought lots of people believed he lost the debates so this doesn't really help.

kmfdmpig

In future cycles they need to change the way these questions are formed/chosen. Perhaps a random pool of questions for each candidate might work?

Debates are obviously not that important already (Clinton won all three handily, but it didn't matter), but when there are questions leaked to the candidates then it becomes even more an exercise in who has better advisors/script writers.

Yup, trump supporters literally got played. They aren't going to get shit.

And worst of all, as they get angrier and angrier, republicans going to steer all that hate towards minorities and the LGBTQ community.

Seriously, broke the your self. Get a taser, pepper spray, or firearm.

Thus shit is going to get a lot worse.

_Ryo_

yet another projection. and again in a fair world this entire election would be invalidated but the conservatives now control all branches of government and there are no checks and balances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom