• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: NK "will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen”

We'd be fucked beyond belief. As in, China would literally take over this country and we would have no way to stop them.

lol oh please. the United States military still has the highest mobility and strike force (and defense) of any super power by far. China is the definition of a paper tiger

SpecX

bro, what the fuck are you doing

California gaf, Should we move away?

Ugh, I guess I better start planning my escape plan from this state. I was supposed to be spending time in San Diego this weekend too. NK, please aim for LA if you do fire off a missile
/jk

PCGHe7KESrutUHgWBEYcYp5gQQ4-ToHiVQEL2N3SYr-Cf05gVKFH5-_ZaxS5T7oEv923RAhHZ_35CUpfcA1PNFs7t_oUeKUQZ_s0nw1eZE3krmR-fTLCND4hP5--d5nPwbLuUDjQ

This got me. This got me GOOD.

The problem is the modern nukes are much, much more powerful than the ones used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. There are also a lot more of them, this combined with an unpredictable leader is a very dangerous combination.

Correct. The largest bomb detonated (Tsar Bomba, by Russia) had a yield of 50,000 kilotons. Nagasaki was 18-23.

When Trump got elected I (mostly) seriously said I expected to be dead by the end of the year, but this wasn't the exact trigger I figured was coming. I'd like to say it's been a good ride, but has it?

I don't know that the top military will agree to push the button, but this is terrifying for a million other reasons obviously.

Top military would be obliged to follow his orders and Trump has sole authority to order the strike if he chooses, we can only hope the generals would refuse the order. They would be facing the death penalty, but die as heroes.

Jeff-DSA

BREAKING NEWS: Trump announces development of new Fury Laser weapon which is designed to shoot "yuuuuuuuuge lasers" from space.

HylianTom

Banned
Look on the bright side: at least we're not stuck worrying about troublesome email server practices..

(To make it clear: Why yes.. yes, I am indeed subtweeting some of y'all who dwelled on this petty-ass concern last year while he was asking repeatedly "why can't we use our nukes?")

linkboy

Literally terrifying. 25th Amendment, Section IV... please save us.

How can any sane Republican defend a statement like this?

Because they want it.

The GOP don't care about the troops, all they care about is keeping the military industry complex going.

They'll go along with this like they always do, and then try to pass the buck when it's shown to be a complete fuck up (just like Iraq and Afghanistan).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Top military would be obliged to follow his orders and Trump has sole authority to order the strike if he chooses, we can only hope the generals would refuse the order. They would be facing the death penalty, but die as heroes.

If Trump ever ordered a nuclear strike against military advice then the 25th amendment would almost certainly be invoked.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm not even worried about NK ever really doing anything to the u.s but i am afraid for SK and japan if trump pisses NK enough for them to do something. i don't think we would really start a full scale war to defend them.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
And he probably just wants to use nuking NK as a way to get his poll numbers up. He needs to go yesterday.

Dierce

Orange turd is both a moron and a coward. Starting a war takes effort, he won't do shit. Like always it's just the idiot that he is talking tough which is just what his racists piece of shit supporters like.

Top Bottom