• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: NK "will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen”

jstripes

Banned
I wish I had the skills to put Trump into this:

UQKg5I2.gif

Of course he's pining for a war to distract from the unprecedented mix of indignity, corruption and inefficiency his administration has been so far.

RinsFury

Trump scares me far more than any other world leader at this point in time. Worthless old fuck would like nothing more than to push that button, he needs to be stopped.

blackflag

We'd be fucked beyond belief. As in, China would literally take over this country and we would have no way to stop them.

LOL no. It would be ugly and lots of people would die but not they would not take over this country. I mean we might all die including them in a nuclear holocaust but limited to conventional warfare, it would be bad but we won't be speaking Mandarin any time soon.

Let's ease up on the doomsday hysterics guys. There aren't gonna be any nukes launched. Trump isn't just gonna wake up one day and decide to push the button. And even if he does, the missiles don't automatically fire if he pushes the button. A lot goes into that process, leaving plenty of people with the ability to end the launch.

I also wanna hear the entire statement. Anyone got a link? I feel like he was saying this quote in context of if NK strikes first. As in, if NK launches a nuke at anyone, then they will be met with fire and fury and all that.

~Kinggi~

Banned
You know guys, this isnt some policy change we can look at and be like 'lol Trump aint doing shit' cause congress has to do shit. Trump has surrounded himself with military people who WANT to carry out these types of war orders, and Trump is allowed to solely make that decision.

It's all posturing and I like it. The kim's have been spouting threats for decades with little to no condemnation from the US. I'm glad we finally have a president who actually responds with his own verbal threats. It could be a game changer

Mahonay

Banned
Correct. The largest bomb detonated (Tsar Bomba, by Russia) had a yield of 50,000 kilotons. Nagasaki was 18-23.
And it was capable of yielding 100 megatons.

I don't think there are nukes in service on the level of Tsar Bomba, but it doesn't really matter due to the sheer number of nukes that exist, and ICBMs like the Peacekeeper that can be equipped with 10 nuclear warheads.

Well before you do that, can you at least relocate Trump supporters to major cities. Then move non-Trump supporters to some place no one gives a shit about like Montana or South Dakota

SKINNER!

Banned
Barely into his first term and USA already looking like a crazy dictator nation. These next 8 years are gonna be sooooooo fascinating.

ianpm31

I have a theory that with the heat turning up on Trump over the investigations I think Trump is likely to attack North Korea around fall or early next year. If he ends the North Korea problem that has been going on for decades his numbers will look better and war time presidents numbers usually rise

antonz

The Usage of Nuclear Weapons again by the United States would change the world even if it was limited to a small strike in North Korea and didn't expand larger.

It would set a precedent Russia would certainly view itself in full right to strike locations in Syria, Perhaps even in Ukraine and Georgia where its in stages of frozen to active conflicts.

darscot

It's all posturing and I like it. The kim's have been spouting threats for decades with little to no condemnation from the US. I'm glad we finally have a president who actually responds with his own verbal threats. It could be a game changer

Is my sarcasm detector broken, or is this just really fucking dumb?

I don't know if it will be North Korea or another country, but I feel there's almost no way Trump will finish his presidency without having started a war. Everything points to it, from his rhetoric to his character.

RoKKeR

Seeing all of these headlines pop up now... I'm honestly a bit in shock. Need to step away from this madness for a while. I can't believe this idiot is our president and would actually verbalize something like this.

Top Bottom