• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump planning retaliation for leaks - “ludicrous” revenge plan targeting Obama admin

Derwind

Optics. The Trump administration really has no concept of it.

Retaliating against your predecessor (now private citizen) in the midst of a historic investigation over various obstruction of justices and foriegn collusion to undermine the election process in which you are in the center of is...

Well It's not bright.

The Trump administration pissed off enough people to be constantly under the microscope and they think they can try to wiggle out of it by pretending that the entire population of the US is just a giant collective of kittens and they can just play with them like they have a laser pointer in their hands.

Not everyone is going to be so easily distracted by whatever you have to say. This isn't the Republican primaries anymore.

sphagnum

Banned
How long is blaming Obama going to be a thing? I don't recall Bush or Obama spending too much energy invoking predecessors.

Obama spent years reminding people that "hey, this recovery is going to be slow because Bush really did a number on the economy" but that was, you know, true

theWB27

This should trip obama up during the debate against trump.

See what you're seeing is a genius at work so it's easy to misinterpret it at first.

Ominym

Banned
The Republican party of the modern era seems only suited to bitch and moan from the grandstands rather than actually lead and govern.

Mask

Haha, of course! Still chasing that evil Obama boogeyman who clearly was never born in america and did all that evil evil stuff that Fox News told him about, it's incredible.

I mean, it's still blatantly obvious that they just want to be racist fucks for their low intellgence minority-hating audience, but sure thing, waste what little time you fucks have left pursuing a fruitless witch hunt, and this one is actually a real witch hunt this time, but actually led by a failing orange witch.

louiedog

tumblr_mxc25s4xbr1sltz4lo1_500.gif

The hilarity of trying to do this after the most serious international cyber attack in history (which our own tools enabled no less!!) is uhhhhhhhhh.....

Especially now that everyone knows the plan.

Yeah, this sounds like one of those 'leak to the press so Trump changes his mind' type deals.

Lev

More attempts to create fake controversies in order to get the press to stop probing their own controversies. Last time I checked, that didn't work out so well (e.g. debunked claim by Trump that Obama wiretapped him).

Trump and the White House continue to run around like headless chickens.

Trying to hit Obama with the same technicality ridden attack that Clinton was. Only difference is Obama isn't running for anything so the exercise is pointless and highlights what a baby he is.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Oh, fucking bring it you gigantic turd.

I dare you!

There is absolutely NOTHING the Obama admin has done that would come anywhere close to slobbing Putin's knob like Trump's admin has/is.. It won't win him any support beyond is already politically toxic base. Anyone still showing full throated support for Trump at this point is irredeemable and we should never ever care about winning their votes.

King Deplorable playing to his deplorable supporters.

When politicians do dumb shit like this to try and be petty and it blows up in their face, they should be forced to release how many tax dollars they blew on it to the public.

It's like when Trump brought forward all the women Bill had allegedly assaulted and had them sit in the audience at the one debate after he himself had been accused of assault. This is whataboutism at the highest level.

Deku Tree

Looks like Trump is once again gonna target the low education, low information crowd and just shout about a fake controversy to try to further divide us. Awful.

Koomaster

So a waste of time and resources it is then.

I mean if he's saying the Obama administration did something illegal.. which he's claiming was the same thing he personally did; which he said was legal... then he's trying to prove he's done something illegal; or he's trying to prove that Obama did something that was legal?... or... and I've gone crosseyed.

Mahonay

Banned
So a waste of time and resources it is then.

I mean if he's saying the Obama administration did something illegal.. which he's claiming was the same thing he personally did; which he said was legal... then he's trying to prove he's done something illegal; or he's trying to prove that Obama did something that was legal?... or... and I've gone crosseyed.
Just more of this
Projecting.jpg

norinrad

Trump just ran for president probably because how much he hated Obama and always thought he could do a better job. Now that he is there, he is so bad comparatively that he will strike out anyway he can depite it only harming himself and the country he's supposed to be leading.

He can't sleep at night knowing Barry is accepted all over the world and respected while everyone laughs at him. Must suck having no credibility.

I like the argument of Obama shared sensitive information with our non all Russia AFTER calling Russia an ally in defense of the non cyber security leak that pissed off Israel last week.

Top Bottom