• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump planning retaliation for leaks - “ludicrous” revenge plan targeting Obama admin

This just seems like an effort to rally anger in supporters. Remember how we all hate Barack Obama? He will pay for all these leaks!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This just seems like an effort to rally anger in supporters. Remember how we all hate Barack Obama? He will pay for all these leaks!

Spending taxpayers money to campaign for your reelection and besmirch your predecessor with racist lies?

Would be impeachable if that party valued anything beyond consistency of message.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How long is blaming Obama going to be a thing? I don't recall Bush or Obama spending too much energy invoking predecessors.

Bush and Obama are rational adults despite their differences. Neither stooped to petty insults to forward their agenda.

Codeblue

I see Trump still hasn't learned that his baseless deflections always backfire. No one's talking about the "wire tapps" except to call him crazy, but the Russia story is still going strong.

But whatever, go ahead and swing at one of the most popular political figures in the country.

Loxley

I think once Trump is out of office, the GOP in general will genuinely begin the (slow) process of moving on from bringing up Obama every five seconds and blaming him for everything wrong in the world. Probably because they'll have a new Democrat president to point the finger to.

But seeing as Trump hates Obama and has a personal vendetta against him, Obama will be the boogeyman for the GOP for as long as he's in office. Hell Trump will still probably be ranting about Obama on his deathbed.

liquidtmd

Banned
Trump making detailed notes about Obama, notes have leaked

z9Bbd_d.jpg

Revenge for what, though? He admitted doing what was reported and said it was OK.

You're applying logic to their plan. It doesn't work that way.

See, a normal "both sides" argument is "they did it, too, so it's okay". "It" usually being something superficially similar, but not actually the same.

A Trump "both sides" argument is "I did it, it's fine, and by the way, Obama did it, too, and it was the worst thing ever".

But I would like to hear Sean Spicer, or better yet, Sean Hannity, explain why blurting out codeword-level intel directly to a known Russian intelligence operative is better than an organized program designed to share carefully selected information that's been determined to be mutually beneficial.

Paz

I've been thinking about it and I think I'm ready to accept that a non trivial portion of America was driven to literal insanity by seeing a black man be president for 8 years and that explains everything that has happened since.

digdug2k

I've been thinking about it and I think I'm ready to accept that a non trivial portion of America was driven to literal insanity by seeing a black man be president for 8 years and that explains everything that has happened since.
Lol. I think I keep oscillating between that and thinking that this is really just all Roger Ailes fault. Fuck that man. If people aren't having parties at his grave site I'll be disappointed.

finley83

Banned
Next time on Can't Stump the Trump™: Donald contracts a government secrets investigator (guest star Nicolas Cage) to retrieve the real Obama birth certificate from his island fortress. Meanwhile, hijinks ensue when Pence accidentally books dinner alone with Betsy DeVos.

Lol. I think I keep oscillating between that and thinking that this is really just all Roger Ailes fault. Fuck that man. If people aren't having parties at his grave site I'll be disappointed.

I don't think this can be overstated. What Fox News has done in terms of poisoning a significant portion of America, creating deep mistrust of mainstream media outlets, enflaming racism, xenophobia, misogyny and other bigotry, spreading falsehood after falsehood, and in general fostering a deeply hyper-partisan mindset is quite literally tearing this country apart. The frustrating thing is it's filtering into Congress. It's scary.

If there is a USA in 100 years, Roger Ailes will be a very infamous figure.

Honestly, they were well on the path to insanity before that. Their hatred for Bill Clinton was well beyond rational. It would be inaccurate to gloss over that.

But yes, a black president certainly kicked it up a notch. I mean, they at least mostly stuck to policy in their attacks on Clinton, until they found out he got a blowjob. But they never accused him of being born elsewhere, or being a secret muslim terrorist, or planning to proclaim himself emperor, or being literally a demon.

At least, nobody with millions of loyal readers, listeners, or viewers that believe such shit ever accused Clinton of any of those things.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
There is no historical figure I've read or heard about, nor any present-day celebrity or individual, that is as pathetic as Donald Trump. I always knew he was scum, but... I thought I knew what "pathetic" was. Then he ran for President.

The worst part is, no one has the balls to tell him how pathetic he really is. When is someone going to tear him down face to face on a public stage?

There is no historical figure I've read or heard about, nor any present-day celebrity or individual, that is as pathetic as Donald Trump. I always knew he was scum, but... I thought I knew what "pathetic" was. Then he ran for President.

The worst part is, no one has the balls to tell him how pathetic he really is. When is someone going to tear him down face to face on a public stage?

That's putin's final move.

Zolo

Maybe during his trip, he'll get booed and laughed at in each country he visits.

Raxus

Why would they sink that low. They just gotta stand next to him and score points for looking more presidential.

Amalthea

Banned

I don't like the Pope tbh, but I can only see him as one who has the guts to call him out directly.

Trump otherwise abuses the hell out of the fact that most officials, representatives and journalists anywhere in the world are usually too polite to put their principles over shallow formalities.

Amalthea

Banned
LOL. I never thought I'd see someone say this. That just shows how horrible Trump is that we can say Bush was a rational adult.
Bush seems like a somewhat simple-minded teenager who tries to grow up and meet the expectations of the adults around him but still quite fails because he's not in it with all his heart and rather would have more carefree fun.

Trump on the other hand is a full-on spoiled toddler who keeps having insane tantrums when mommy doesn't hand him whatever he wants and always needs his snuggle blanket with him (the electoral map).

Obama spent years reminding people that "hey, this recovery is going to be slow because Bush really did a number on the economy" but that was, you know, true
Obama and his surrogates spent a fair time talking about how they inherited the greates economic crisis since the Great Depression when they took office.
I could be wrong, but I don't recall Obama blaming Bush by name. He would talk about the bad economy, or misguided economic policies, etc., but I don't remember him saying, "But George Bush ruined everything!"

Top Bottom