• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: "Puerto Rico is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
I mean, he's not wrong. But does he have to sound like such a fucking idiot while saying it?

Never mind, I answered my own question.

If this was a city/state in the mainland US or Hawaii, people would be pissed with his handling of the situation. But since it's Puerto Rico nobody gives a fuck. It's tragic.

why keep constantly bringing up their debt? What is the point in a disaster situation like this?

For the inevitable time he tries to use that as an excuse not to rebuild their island.

The man grasps for power any way he can and for this situation, he technically does have the power to help or not help them. It's the most heartless shit you can possibly imagine, but this monster is so conniving that he enjoys lording it over them that he can be like a fucking bank telling someone they have shit credit and won't give them a loan.

"Aww jeez, I'd really like to help, but look at all this other debt you got here. Oh well, you shoulda considered this when you got hit by so much hurricane!"

The guy is the poster child for shitty insurance claims adjusters from movies.

Shadybiz

I'm fully expecting a future Civ game to have Trump replace Dan Quayle as the lowest ranked leader. The only real question is which infamous quote they'll leave beside his name.

"Veni, vidi, vici." - Julius Caesar

"Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied." - Otto von Bismarck

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"Grab 'em by the pussy." - Donald Trump

sikkinixx

Makes Bush sound like Billy Shakespeare.

All I can immediately think of when someone says Bill(y) Shakespeare

mattfoley2.png

Next week: Trump talks about Peninsulas.

"Last week, I met President Rajoy, great guy, he is -- and we had a great thing going, he's a really smart guy and he -- Mariano is from Spain. Spain. It's a country, I'm told, in the Iberian Peninsula -- love that word, Peninsula, Penins -- it's surrounded by water, ocean water, a lot of water, from every side except one. Can you believe that? It's like an island, well, not an island, but you know, you get what I'm saying, not like the fake news media."

haha

also its not. South of Puerto Rico is the Caribbean Sea. Not the ocean.

Can't blame the guy, a globalist like me would know that after all

Honest question..

Is Trump smart??

Or was he a lucky no one that got a kick start in life with his daddy's money?

Seriously? He seems almost retarded when he tweets and am sure I just offended real handicapped people in comparison.

Zolo

Honest question..

Is Trump smart??

Or was he a lucky no one that got a kick start in life with his daddy's money?

Seriously? He seems almost retarded when he tweets and am sure I just offended real handicapped people in comparison.

He would literally be sitting in a trailer park complaining about liberals depending on where he was born.

He IS a good campaigner in the manner that a sleazy car salesman can be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom