• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump raises rent on own Campaign HQ from $35,000 to 170,000 using Campaign Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Trump better be careful. The reason Hillary and other lifetime politicians skate on campaign finance issues and misappropriation is because they have political power and lots of political friends. When Trump loses the election he's going to find out that no one in Washington has any support for him. He might be the first high-profile "politician" to actually be subject to real justice.

I'm just spitballin' here though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
HOW DOES SHIT LIKE THAT NOT IMMEDIATELY SINK HIM? HOW??? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING??

It's not quite money laundering yet is all. All he needs to do is start funneling cashing into his campaign. Once that happens, oh baby he's going to jail.

Trump better be careful. The reason Hillary and other lifetime politicians skate on campaign finance issues and misappropriation is because they have political power and lots of political friends. When Trump loses the election he's going to find out that no one in Washington has any support for him. He might be the first high-profile "politician" to actually be subject to real justice.

I'm just spitballin' here though.

Most politicians toe the line pretty damn carefully, the issue is the line isn't exactly straight and narrow.

Ihyll

Meanwhile on CNN they have to dedicate an entire segment to why in an email, Hillary said she'd rather have panera's than Chipotle.

RDreamer

dude is scamming the hell out of republicans

Like over half the people running for the nomination were doing that. Conservative media has created a really strange beast, and it's going to be hard to rein things in ever if it continues. People basically jump into the nominations not to win but to grab donation cash and do glorified book tours, etc. Trump himself probably wasn't actually running either. He just wanted to up his profile and grab some of that conservative cash.

I notice the article omitted how much space he's renting, the cost per square foot, etc. It did mention that the Clinton campaign is actually spending more, but it doesn't give context. Is he overcharging himself, or is he paying essentially market rate?

Trump is really the perfect candidate for the GOP. He represents everything they are but without the the BS. They are a bunch of con artists who are just involved for their own gains.

Sojgat

At first, I was thinking there was a TV movie to be made from Trump's campaign, but now I'm thinking it deserves a full HBO series. Like 2-3 seasons even.

Nah. Clinton Foundation bro

...seriously joking. Please don't quote bomb me.

For this, he'll get praise for being a good business man! Being a good landlord that he is, he noticed his tenant came into some new money and charged accordingly.
Yeah, like it's fascinating how huge the double standards is in regards to coverage of this stuff. Like, with the Clinton Foundation, there's some e-mails that indicate the POSSIBILITY that some shady stuff went down. No evidence that any quid pro quo ever actually happened, just that people talked, but whether or not anything actually happened... no evidence.

But meanwhile, we have concrete evidence of Trump pulling some shady stuff here and... well, no one cares. They maybe cover it for a second or two on CNN and whatever, and then spend like 10 minutes talking about the Clinton Foundation again. One's hypothetical, and the other's concrete... and the one we apparently need to spend time talking about is the hypothetical one? And that's without even touching the Trump Organization and what the implications for that would be if Trump actually were elected President, which is like never talked about ever, but the implications of the Clinton Foundation? All over the place!

And to be clear, it's absolutely fair to have concerns about the Clinton Foundation. I absolutely don't blame people for having questions about it (especially since the media often makes the issue as confusing as possible as to what we actually have evidence for what occurred and what didn't, and what the Clinton Foundation even actually is). That's fair! That's definitely a discussion that people can have, and are having. But if we're going to do that, it has to go both ways, and stuff like this should be talked about as well. But the media just doesn't care and keeps giving Trump a free pass on stuff like this for some reason, while spending hours talking about the Clinton foundation and her e-mails. The double-standards that have surrounded Clinton for her entire political career are equal parts fascinating, baffling, and frustrating.

rjinaz

At first, I was thinking there was a TV movie to be made from Trump's campaign, but now I'm thinking it deserves a full HBO series. Like 2-3 seasons even.

TRUMPED

A Showtime Original Series.

Didn't this man just demand the Clinton foundation shutdown because it helps line Clinton's pockets?

The guy is a walking "applies to everyone else doesn't apply to me" if I ever saw one.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Trump siphoning campaign donations and rnc fundraising into services that he owns?
Shock and awe. This is why when he loses, he'll take his golden parachute out while the GOP has to clean up his mess.

Yo... this is straight up crazy. This man is taking campaign contributions to personally enrich himself and his businesses. And this is the same guy who goes out there and talks about how crooked and dishonest Hillary is? You just can't make this stuff up!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yo... this is straight up crazy. This man is taking campaign contributions to personally enrich himself and his businesses. And this is the same guy who goes out there and talks about how crooked and dishonest Hillary is? You just can't make this stuff up!
I'd actually be impressed at how well he plays the projection game if it weren't so disgusting.

Win or lose, the Feds are eventually gonna come knocking for a look at those books. Hope he's keeping it clean, small hands are pretty popular in prison.

Lorcain

So much for that RNC money going downstream to help congressional and governor elections. Trump is going to drain the coffers and burn the RNC down to the ground before he loses in dramatic fashion.

There's an LA times poll with horrible sampling that shows Trump +2. Dropped over the weekend and the Trump Camp have been touting it like the word of god.

lRYnLVF.gif

The cost of telling it like it is just got higher!!

It just got higher, and the RNC will pay for it!!!

The RNC will pay for it!!!

Trust me folks!!

Trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom