• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump speaks at Values Voter Summit ; pledges homophobic views will not be silenced

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Actually guys....there is a VERY good chance that he doesn't even know what the group represents.

Edit: FUCK, nevermind.

I see the edit so I assume you saw the "moral clarity" quote and the rest in that article which clearly shows he knows who he's speaking to. But even if you didn't, I wish you people would stop giving him the benefit of the doubt as if you have any reason to. Just stop it. Please.

Also this event is incredibly revolting and I can't believe (read: can believe) that our president is denouncing LGBT at this event.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I don't really know what to say anymore. How soon before he is speaking at full-on Nazi rallies lit by the glow of tiki torches.

This has to end.

Red

What are we supposed to do in response? To curb this takes a political movement. No matter how much it disturbs us we can’t fix it overnight. Be there to support those who need your support. Turn up for candidates who support your views. Retain your vigor in the face of adversity. Push back all you can but realize that it doesn’t matter in the short term how unacceptable this is, it remains the truth of the day. Donald Trump is a worm of a man and he is the standard bearer for other such filth.

Values Voter is essentially a convention for the American taliban. Trump has just officially endorsed them. Understand that.

HylianTom

Banned
There’s a certain segment of voters out there.

They have gay friends and family and coworkers.
They might sing along to Gaga.
Dance with Ellen.
Laugh at Will & Grace.

And when asked, they’ll profess their love for their gay familiars, along with the idea that they should be treated equally under the law.

But once that voting booth curtain closes, they’ll vote for a party that still, in 2017, pushes in this direction. At the state level, Republicans will pass various anti-gay laws. And at the federal level, Republicans will name and confirm judges who will approve of these laws when they are challenged in court.

This segment of voters, despite their expressed sentiment, have decided that the harm done unto their gay loved ones is acceptable. And that’s how this happens. These fake allies say all the right things, but when the time comes to pick a side, these voters act in a way that betrays their kind expressions of support.

Shadybiz

I see the edit so I assume you saw the "moral clarity" quote and the rest in that article which clearly shows he knows who he's speaking to. But even if you didn't, I wish you people would stop giving him the benefit of the doubt as if you have any reason to. Just stop it. Please.

Also this event is incredibly revolting and I can't believe (read: can believe) that our president is denouncing LGBT at this event.

Oh no....nothing like that. It was just kind of a jab about him being a fucking moron and possibly not knowing where the hell he even is. I will re-edit my post to clarify.

RPGCrazied

Has any of the media chimed in on this? I know CNN covered it but failed to say what this event really was.

At least Chelsea Clinton gets it.

Chelsea Clinton‏Verified account @ChelseaClinton 16m16 minutes ago

Just infuriating President Trump continues to sanction dangerous anti-LGBTQ bigotry- 19 years and 1 day after Matthew Shepard's death.

Seik

Banned
But GAF told me on November 10 that he's actually progressive on LGBT issues.

Remember?

5818b1d9150000d80453109b.jpeg

I'm sure he didn't even know what LGBT meant and just thought it was a colorful flag.

I definitely feel he's becoming even more unhinged, so many terrible things going on the last few days.

Today I feel more afraid than usual to be honest.

I feel and fear for my American LGBT friends, who certainly don't deserve this hatred. It's also concerning how little the media care about these issues. When it comes to votes, oppressed minorities and our issues are important. When it comes to actual policies, fuck us all, let's talk instead about how a black man protesting against institutionalized and ingrained racism by kneeling during the anthem is offensive/may be offensive/is it offensive?/both sides have good arguments, until the relevant issues at hand are completely forgotten and lost under a pile of bullshit.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Fuck Trump. That's all that can really be said anymore. The sooner this disgraceful excuse of a man leaves the office the better. Here's hoping it won't be 3 long years from now.

Con_Smith

Banned
He's coming for everyone. Just remeber people on here legit thought he was a better chocie because he had "progrssive" views on gays and friends with Jenner.

Like every segment of this country is gonna get it, his base is just too dumb on how hard their turn will be.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone LGBT who voted for Trump thinking that orange turd would have their back is mentally challenged.

A guy I went through training with in the military ended up coming out after President Obama repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". He also got married to the guy he had secretly been dating for the longest time after President Obama made gay marriage legal. He's also very conservative and extremely religious, so naturally he voted for Trump and railed against "lib-tards" last year and one of the last things I remember hearing from him before I just cut off all contact with him was that I needed to give Trump a chance and that he wasn't gonna be that bad.

I'd sure love to hear what he thinks like 6 months later.

mnannola

What's wrong with hating people because of their sexual preference?

Oh thats right, everything. This man does everything possible to divide the country. It's like someone programmed an AI to always chose the worse option when presented with a choice.

Trump is basically Bizarro. What he really meant was:

"Screw you to the LGBT community! I will fight you while Hillary brings in more people that support your freedoms and beliefs."

But give him a chance, he hasn't had a chance everyone is against him. Etc. Trump voters.

Doorman

I hope this photo comes back to haunt him so hard.
...how would it? It's not like Trump turning heel to LGBT is going to somehow be the last straw that breaks the Republican congress into finally pushing for impeachment. Otherwise the only real consequence is folks being pissed off about it like we are here. Anyone with any sense knew when that photo was first taken that it would prove to be a complete fraud. His base is probably eating this shit up.

Mesoian

Has the media brought this up yet, or just crickets?

Even if they do, they won't make a big deal of it because there isn't a media outlet in the world that wants to be the lead on "the president spoke at a biggotry seminar." They don't even talk about Pence's anti-gay torture camps anymore.

Arkeband

Banned
And this was AFTER the military trans-ban tweet.

Jenner and the Kardashians live and die on whether they can remain in the public limelight. So either she’s crazy, stupid, both, or desperate for the attention wearing that stupid fucking hat will bring, which means more money.

lush

Btw, this is the fourth time now that Trump has spoken at the Value Voters Summit. He spoke there just last year in run up to election.

...how would it? It's not like Trump turning heel to LGBT is going to somehow be the last straw that breaks the Republican congress into finally pushing for impeachment. Otherwise the only real consequence is folks being pissed off about it like we are here. Anyone with any sense knew when that photo was first taken that it would prove to be a complete fraud. His base is probably eating this shit up.

Hell, for me I just want someone (I don't care if it's a journalist) to point to the picture and then point out how he talked at this known anti-LBGT hate group. His fragile ego will crumble.

I just want him to feel humiliated.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Kevin Sorbo is speaking at this thing. I wasn't aware he's one of those people.

Top Bottom