• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to announce end of DACA, six month delay before enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even.

Gaf's Trump supporters have fled because of the "echo chamber" (room where moral people converse ethically) but even the burner accounts won't touch this. They know their guy is pure bullshit but they're committed. And all their friends are assholes now too. And by friends, I mean vague internet acquaintances who said "Charlottesville is gonna be a blast and everyone will respect us afterwards"

Gaf Trump supporters won't touch this because they ain't shit, won't be shit and will never amount to anything other than literal shit on the damn sidewalk. They are utterly hopeless, pathetic fools.

I've been pretty on edge this whole weekend because of this. Now it seems this might actually be happening. All that hard work, man. I don't think i've ever felt this low in my entire life.

Yup. I worked and lived in the shadows for so long, I always felt like an alien (lol) and I was so happy president Obama gave me a chance to step into the light. Back to the shadows for me. I'm just glad president Obama gave us a chance. I won't forget that act of kindness.

I'm not even mad anymore. Not at trump, or his followers. I'm just really tired. Like physically and now mentally exhausted. W/e I guess

Yup. I worked and lived in the shadows for so long, I always felt like an alien (lol) and I was so happy president Obama gave me a chance to step into the light. Back to the shadows for me. I'm just glad president Obama gave us a chance. I won't forget that act of kindness.

I'm not even mad anymore. Not at trump, or his followers. I'm just really tired. Like physically and now mentally exhausted. W/e I guess

The bad news is now ice will have your address and all of your personal info.

So do I have to pay off my car and credit card bills? I'm finding the idea Hard to pay em. I mean, what are theyy gonna do to me? I'm already getting the boot.

wanders

While I can see the racism element, if Trump does want to Copy Germany and Australia, 800,000 mainly unskilled workers endlessly getting renewed every 2 years on work permits is a huge issue.

I know people will reply "but they are doing jobs normal people wouldnt do", no thats exactly why Aus and Germany have these short term permits.

My Dreamer friend is a very skilled nurse working her way to a RN. Fuck you.

Shmuppers

Thank God, another step towards restoring law and order in this country. You can all get as upset as you want, this is a good thing for the US

RadicalR

Neo Member
Thank God, another step towards restoring law and order in this country. You can all get as upset as you want, this is a good thing for the US

Oh, this should be good.

Please tell us how this is a good thing. Or was that supposed to be in snark?

And I'm not surprised.

We have a hate mongering, white supremacy sympathizing, xenophobia stoking bigot in the oval office. This is, unfortunately, modus operandi.

Fuck him and his administration and anyone who voted for them.

Beartruck

*checks user info*
"Biography: Gets punched in the face for fun."
Yeah that checks out.

Im glad you're getting your jollies off a million people having their lives destroyed.

Irnbru

There's likely dreamers in every industry, working high level positions. It's beyond stupid to repeal this

Oh absolutely there are and it's absolutely barbaric to think they want to repeal this. Make it a law. These are people that are contributing to society and making America a better place. They are living the god damn American dream that they had no other choice but take.

You tell me a year ago that a wall could happen I would have laughed at you for days. I'm not taking comfort at the "my take at why shits fine"

The wall's not happening either. At least not in the way Trump wants it.

I'm not saying that all shit's fine. I'm saying keep a level head and have some knowledge about how some of these things work to understand what outcomes are plausible.

So it is a six month delay.

There's a chance congress might act and protect the DREAMERS or orange shitstain can resign or get hit by a car.

So yea, keep hope alive.

Azuran

Banned
Fuck this is going to affect my cousins in the US. They worked so hard to get where they are and now everything is going to out of the window just because my aunt came to the US illegally. It's not their fucking fault they're in the spot. That fact that they're not citizens after living in the US for more than 20 years is fucking disgusting. They grew up in the USA, went to school in the world, and now work and contribute to the USA.

Fuck Trump. Now I also have a personal reason to hate this motherfucker.

Why is your avatar a character from Japan? Why aren't you putting America first?!

bluethree

Let's deport this moron to a foreign country where he cant speak the language or has no connections and see how he likes it.

devilhawk

The wall's not happening either. At least not in the way Trump wants it.

I'm not saying that all shit's fine. I'm saying keep a level head and have some knowledge about how some of these things work to understand what outcomes are plausible.
This whole thing is about the wall though. It's all been about the wall.

Trump is using this to force funding for the wall. The 6 month delay just further proves it.

Cyanity

Banned
So do I have to pay off my car and credit card bills? I'm finding the idea Hard to pay em. I mean, what are theyy gonna do to me? I'm already getting the boot.

Why is our world so cruel

If you actually believe this: fuck you

If you're just trolling: Real lives are at stake here. Extra fuck you. Get off of this forum and go circlejerk with the 4chan racists.

M-PG71C

Please entertain me why this specific measure is going to restore law and order. No flame and no hate coming from me, sincerely, why?

Eusis

To all the posters biting their tongue because of the "gaf echo chamber," go on, try an argument. Your'e smarter than us, right?
It's to vaccinate us against something worse! We'll be so sick of this asshat that the remotest association with him will be a death knell for any politician going forward (or at least for a few elections.)

It's also the kind of experimental vaccine that would leave us bed ridden for a week and might end up killing us instead of the disease it's supposed to vaccinate against.

Garlador

I've heard these exact words so many times now.

Liberals and Dems need to stop acting like the GOP think or care about the same things we do. The people that are going to be marching and angry over this are not their base and they know it.
I'm their base. Republican for decades. This will harm countless friends and family members in my community. Even Republicans have a breaking point. I've been disillusioned and disgusted by Trump's actions all year and will proudly protest him at every opportunity.

Call your senators and congressman. Take action. Do not sit on the sidelines.

History judges you for your choices and initiative these upcoming days.

The bad news is now ice will have your address and all of your personal info.

Jesus Christ I guess you're right.

Now I gotta worry about those trigger happy racist fucks break down my door and cuff me? I'm an honest hard working dude, I believe in the law. I know I'm gonna fight back. their gonna whoop my ass or worse, shoot me.

I hope they send me a letter so I can leave on my own volition.

Iolo

Why would he not delay for 18-24 months, after midterms, instead of 6 months? Makes no sense. Congress is barely able to do anything right now, they need to get basic governmental functions done in the next several months, and they're talking about tax reform as critical to show as a win to their voters, which was already on an unlikely timeline. Even if they didn't have 8,000 things on their plate it would still probably take over six months to legislatively replace DACA. Wtf?

Sean C

Would be if they would, I don't know, have a spine in any way shape or form. But saying "I don't approve of this decision" is all you are gonna fucking get. The GOP is a terrorist group that took over our government and we are seeing the effects perfectly.
This will cause huge problems for the congressional GOP, because DACA's coverage group are highly sympathetic and have a significant minority of support in the GOP's own base. And high favourables among swing voters. That's why they were all secretly hoping the executive would keep this program running. Now it's their problem.

I wouldn't bet on them actually doing anything, because the GOP congress can't find its asshole with both hands, but they will take a lot of hits over this.

adj_noun

Wait what? How will this force funding for his wall?

Someone fill me in?

Nice DACA you got there. Be a real shame if something happened to it.

Now, I've got this wall, but...it ain't gonna pay for itself. You vote to fund my wall, and maybe DACA sticks around after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom