• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump will be one of the Greatest 45th Presidents of the United States ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

Seriously what freaking cool-aid was drunk to have ANYONE think a pathological lying narcissist whom has never ever spent one iota of his life in any position of public office is not only a prime candidate, but also ELECTED president?

Seriously, just thinking about how unprepared and how uninformed he is about what it takes to be president, how hot tempered he is, how much he has either scammed people or fucked over his own businesses (HE HAS BEEN BANKRUPT 4 FREAKING TIMES) [Lets not even get into his fucking tax returns MY GOD!], and how he doesn't give a shit about a populous that will be(or was projected to be...) greater in number than what he was spearheaded towards makes me really really concerned.

I'm not even getting to the whole racism, sexism, and other FAR more important stuff.

Anyone who voted Trump, at least heed this: You apparently wanted someone who would be different and would "shake up" congress and the presidency and the country. Look at who he's hiring and who will be in power. You WILL NOT get something new. You will only get a concentrated dose of the corruption and overreach and stubbornness of government you hated. Prepare for much much worse than you hated. The people who stopped government, who sneak-fucked plenty of good bills with horrible add-ons, who basically committed treason with the peace talks with Iran are the people in charge. The people who make the government so hate-able was never "the other side", it was the side you just voted for. Its the people who will now be in charge. You brought this on yourself, and now we all have to pay for this.

I hope that cool-aid was worth it.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
One thing is clear though; he will not be a mediocre president. Either he will be great, or one of the most comically worse presidents of the US ever; but he will be forever remembered in all history books.

Ronin Ray

guitar-shot-dead.gif

Saw the name of the OP and hoped to see one Double J gif and I don't leave disappointed

I genuinely believe that Trump has the potential to be one of the greatest president that the USA has ever seem. You could say I am hopeful optimistic but you can't deny that Trump is different from every president that came before him, now most of GAF seems to believe he'll end up a real fascist that will end civil liberties, but I think that worldview is more a result of a constant eco chamber that is this place sometimes.

Trump has a big ego and he wants to be loved, I'm sure he'll one to do a good job and leave a tremendous legacy. I think he more than anyone else is more likely to do things that are in line with the desires of the american people than with corporate interest (after all he doesn't own any favors to corporate america).

Just look at his temperament now that he is president-elect, he is no longer bombastic or trying to offend people, he already said he would keep some parts of Obamacare (the popular ones like no discrimination against people with preexisting conditions and letting people on their parents insurance until they are 26) I believe he will continue to pivot , not to the left or to the right but to where he believes he'll get the most support from the electorate.

Of course I could be wrong, but if so, at worse he'll just be another republican president, not the literally Hitler people make him out to be.

if Trumps ends up being a great president then the rights of living people will be just fine, that goes with the territory of "great president"
He's been saying he'll keep preexisting condition coverage and such the whole time. But
1. That's congresses call to make, not his and the congress is deeply republican
2. You literally CANNOT keep that stuff while cutting out the stuff he wants to cut out. His plan is to deregulate health insurance and give control entirely back to insurance companies. This is fundementally incompatible with keeping coverage for preexisting conditions. He's just lying to make himself sound good as usual

Also being a good president isn't just about doing what the public wants. It's often about making tough decisions that may go against public desires. And even if you have the right goals, you need to have a clue how to implement them properly which Trump clearly does not have

Also, Trump doesn't care if people like him or hate him as long as they're talking about him. He is very staunchly in the camp of "no such thing as bad publicity"

Is that thread title the original?

Cause that's a trap.

He could be the worst President ever but he'd still be the greatest 45th ever... because you know he'd be the only 45th ever.

I genuinely believe that Trump has the potential to be one of the greatest president that the USA has ever seem. You could say I am hopeful optimistic but you can't deny that Trump is different from every president that came before him, now most of GAF seems to believe he'll end up a real fascist that will end civil liberties, but I think that worldview is more a result of a constant eco chamber that is this place sometimes.

Trump has a big ego and he wants to be loved, I'm sure he'll one to do a good job and leave a tremendous legacy. I think he more than anyone else is more likely to do things that are in line with the desires of the american people than with corporate interest (after all he doesn't own any favors to corporate america).

Just look at his temperament now that he is president-elect, he is no longer bombastic or trying to offend people, he already said he would keep some parts of Obamacare (the popular ones like no discrimination against people with preexisting conditions and letting people on their parents insurance until they are 26) I believe he will continue to pivot , not to the left or to the right but to where he believes he'll get the most support from the electorate.

Of course I could be wrong, but if so, at worse he'll just be another republican president, not the literally Hitler people make him out to be.

if Trumps ends up being a great president then the rights of living people will be just fine, that goes with the territory of "great president"

Different does not mean good.

If you consider yourself, intelligent stop lying to yourself.

kevin1025

Banned
Trump will be a puppet.
They will allow him to think that he is making decisions and that the choices are his but the people he surrounds himself with and the GOP will pull the strings.
This is their best alignment of the stars in like 80 years, they will not let it go to waste.
He will be made to wear the after effects, and rightly so.

giphy.gif

I'm remaining hopeful about his presidency until he gets in office to see what policy he does try to enact but OP you lost me at "he's honest". Can't really take you serious if you actual believe this when there's ample video evidence stating otherwise.

One thing is clear though; he will not be a mediocre president. Either he will be great, or one of the most comically worse presidents of the US ever; but he will be forever remembered in all history books.

I actually think there is a high chance he will be a "meh" president. Especially if he only gets to elect one SCOTUS judge.

For white middle/upper class people, that is. Nothing good coming for anyone else.

The only good I can see coming out of this is him actually uniting people out of disbelief that this actually has happened and coming together to stop someone like him from ever coming into power again.

Also lol at him not owing favors to corporate america. HE IS A PART OF FUCKING CORPORATE AMERICA YOU DUMB FUCKS. HIS FRIENDS AND ASSOCIATES ARE AS WELL. And nothing says establishment more than the pack of old, long serving republican leaders we know he's planning to appoint to cabinet positions

I'll say it right now, with all due respect to democrats, I got nothing against them, in fact, we are all on the same team at the end of the day. However, I would like to express my feelings on Trump. I believe with 100% absolute certainty that Mr. Donald Trump will be one of America's best Presidents, ever! He's bold, he's honest, at least far more honest than most other politicians, and he's a patriot ...........

Ahh, yes. Comrade Trump did well implementing the program for Putin.

CUz6zp3.png

Eight years ago, when Obama was elected, the GOP head honchos all got together and basically said "we're going to obstruct the fuck outta this guy and make him a one term POTUS." They didn't succeed in the latter goal, but they certainly succeeded in the former goal.

Obstruct obstruct obstruct.

In fact, here we are 9 months since Scalia died and they are not going to even meet to discuss his SCOTUS nomination.

Obstruct.

So you know what, OP? This "same team" thing? Fuck. That.

And give Trump a chance? The guy who calls Mexicans rapists, who wants to ban and label Muslims to keep an eye on them, to have everyone carry guns everywhere, to punish women who have an abortion, to ban abortion, to make our NATO allies pay for our help, to appoint people who will roll back climate change policies, to cut taxes on the top 1% ... and that's just the fucking tip of the iceberg. Give this fucking douchebag a chance?

Fuck. That. All. Day. Every. Day.

Eggiem

... in fact, we are all on the same team at the end of the day. ...
He's bold, he's honest, ...
... I feel that a lot of folks have Trump wrong, totally misunderstood and we need to give this guy a chance. He just has this strong courageous attitude...
We are better than that and we have a strong leader about to run this country that will be great for the people!

WRONG,
WRONG, WRONG!
I don't even know what to say anymore.

Timeaisis

I could *kind of* buy this reaction early last week, but you still want to give him a shot after he's already:

• Selected Stephen Bannon as a Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor?
  • Promised repeatedly since Tuesday to overturn Roe V. Wade?
  • Promised to immediately deport 2-3 million undocumented workers?

He's going to be our president now, not much we can do about it. I don't like it, and all signs point to a shit presidency, but he's still getting sworn in come January. All I can do now is either give him a shot or riot in the streets, and I choose the former.

I really hope this is a joke thread.

But just in case:

* alleged child rapist
* raped his ex-wife (even his lawyer said so in so much as he said you can't rape your spouse)
* does not see women as people
* advocates sexual assault
* advocates violence against his political opponents
* advocates violence against detractors
* wants to jail detractors
* multiple accusations of sexual assault
* being sued for fraud
* multiple bankruptcies
* lies about everything
* flip flops on everything (50% of his platform so far he's already flipped on)
* wants to jail immigrants
* wants to build a wall around an entire country
* wants to "give Muslims specific clothing"
* wants to make Muslim "camps"
* hired Steve Bannon and Mike Pence for his cabinet
* wants to limit the press
* wants to shut down the internet
* no idea how technology works
* holds a grudge against anyone that does anything resembling a slight and guns for them no matter what
* wants to make it illegal for men to stay at home with their kids
* wants to "give incentive" to stay at home mothers
* took a fucking Purple Heart from someone AND joked about it being easier
* mocked two disabled people, one publicly at his rally
* kicked the last one out of his rally
* mocked POWs
* said he got the same training in military school as in the actual military in a theater of war
* accused Hillary Clinton and SNL of being a part of a vast conspiracy
* said the election was rigged
* broke off from his own fucking party
* called Obama the founder of ISIS
* started the Birther Movement and then said Hillary did it
* does not pay his staff
* said 'n****' and 'Uncle Tom' on The Apprentice
* asked why he can't just nuke other countries
* mocks his own supporters
* committed tax fraud
* bigot
* racist
* sexist
* complete narcissist
* has said he'll only live in the White House part-time

What part of ANY of that sounds presidential?

The alleged child rapist thing alone should be enough to disqualify him from being the leader of a country.

Great post. And don't forget he thinks Climate Change is a conspiracy started by China to steal industry away from America.

But just in case:

* alleged child rapist
* raped his ex-wife (even his lawyer said so in so much as he said you can't rape your spouse)
* being sued for fraud
* multiple bankruptcies
* lies about everything
* holds a grudge against anyone that does anything resembling a slight and guns for them no matter what
* mocked POWs
* said he got the same training in military school as in the actual military in a theater of war
* does not pay his staff
* committed tax fraud
* bigot
* racist
* sexist
* complete narcissist

The alleged child rapist thing alone should be enough to disqualify him from being the leader of a country.

Yeah but, he appealed to the white working class with the promise of golden unicorns. The best golden unicorns. With diamond horns.

You trying to tell me that if YOU were part of that demographic, you wouldn't also maybe want in on a fucking golden unicorn. With diamond horns?

I mean what is there to lose? If you dont get the unicorn, then you don't get the unicorn. Worst that will happen is that a couple million Americans who are not like you might be worse off for 4-8 years.

Its a no-brainer.

Also lol at him not owing favors to corporate america. HE IS A PART OF FUCKING CORPORATE AMERICA YOU DUMB FUCKS. HIS FRIENDS AND ASSOCIATES ARE AS WELL. And nothing says establishment more than the pack of old, long serving republican leaders we know he's planning to appoint to cabinet positions

What about old Dems?
charlton_laughfqsw5.gif

BajiBoxer

Banned
I'll say it right now, with all due respect to democrats, I got nothing against them, in fact, we are all on the same team at the end of the day. However, I would like to express my feelings on Trump. I believe with 100% absolute certainty that Mr. Donald Trump will be one of America's best Presidents, ever! He's bold, he's honest, at least far more honest than most other politicians, and he's a patriot that has this bold, courageous demeanor that feels strong and confident. But what i love most about Trump is his leadership, he's a born leader and i just have this gut feeling that he'll surprise the entire world on his leadership of America.

I am just so happy and relieved that he won, i know others don't feel the same and i can understand because i would feel exactly like they do about Trump as i would with Hillary at the helm. I watched the 60 minutes interview and was proud of Trump and what he and his family had to say. Even with the low ball questions that seem to never stop, he responded well. I also like how he mentioned (not in this interview) that Politics in general has a way of bringing the ugliness out of people involved, him included he said, its true, he's right and like he said..sometimes when people are getting ugly with you, you gotta respond with your own dose of ugliness. I am paraphrasing that but you get what i mean.

So all in all, I am very excited to see Trump make America Great again. I am proud and completely unashamed to mention this in here as i know Gaf is more Dem than anything else but like i said..at the end of the day, we are still on the same team and I feel that a lot of folks have Trump wrong, totally misunderstood and we need to give this guy a chance. He just has this strong courageous attitude that feels what's been missing and in my honest opinion, I think he'll shock the entire world by being one of the best Presidents of the United Stated, ever! God Bless America

Gotta go to work now but remember, we are all on the same team and like many pro-Hillary people in recent days have said...lets give him a chance and stop the division that others are trying to cause in America right now. We are better than that and we have a strong leader about to run this country that will be great for the people!

I would be very happy if Trump became one if the greatest presidents in history, but I'm certain he's going to be a disaster. You are presenting reasoning that is inconsistent with reality. Not sure there is anything else worth saying.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This thread reads like parody. I mean, if you are proud of having a racist, sexist, misogynist and homophobic president more power to you. I personally wouldn't be proud of that, but to each their own.

And honesty got thrown out of the window the moment he started throwing false accusations at Obama.

He's going to be our president now, not much we can do about it. I don't like it, and all signs point to a shit presidency, but he's still getting sworn in come January. All I can do now is either give him a shot or riot in the streets, and I choose the former.
I mean, you can let him take office while still fighting back in your own way, protesting, making a stir, voting in midterms to try and take the senate for the democrats (probably not going to happen because Democrats have already proven themselves to be lazy apathetic fucks when it comes to voting any office outside the presidency unfortunately). I don't advocate trying to forcibly remove him from the office, but we can do our damnedest to try and obstruct him until he somehow proves himself to not be a horrible destructive fuck (which will probably not happen in all honesty)

Jeffrey

Has there been any good news in term of his staff hiring?

Feel like I'm taking a shot after every new thread about trump bringing ___ on his team.

But just in case:

* alleged child rapist
* being sued for fraud
* multiple bankruptcies
* lies about everything
* mocked POWs
* does not pay his staff
* committed tax fraud
* bigot
* racist
* sexist
* complete narcissist

60 million people voted for this. Fucking Hell. (and 45% of eligible voters said, "who cares".)

The fact he was a democrat before shows he has zero loyalty to any party or political ideology, that alone would make him the most flexible president in history if he really just did "what was best for America"

At this point, it makes no sense but to anything but just accept things for what they are and hope for the best. If Trump is a good president we ALL win, wish ill on his success is the same thing as celebrating increase in unemployment and loss of healthcare, that sounds low to me

Wasn't Hillary also a Republican before she was a Democrat?

But just in case:

* alleged child rapist
* being sued for fraud
* multiple bankruptcies
* lies about everything
* mocked POWs
* does not pay his staff
* committed tax fraud
* bigot
* racist
* sexist
* complete narcissist

Also this is a good compilation on why Trump is a bad choice;

TaterTots

Banned
I have hope he will do well, but that's because it's all one can do at this point. You'd be a asshole to hope he does terribly because that means a lot of people are screwed.

This can't be real can it? This comes across as satire.

Trump is about as honest as the world is flat. His whole persona is a lie, thus Trump can only tell the truth (as he is sees it, which is not at all).

Theecliff

Banned
why the fuck are trump supporters suddenly turning round and saying "let's stop the division and unite!"

what?

you fucking voted for division

the man you voted for opened his fucking political campaign by calling all mexicans rapists and saying 'we need to build a wall!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom