• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUTHFACT: MS having eSRAM yield problems on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDX

To be honest, they could have just been approved after a years wait.

The thing is there is way too many fucking juniors running around at the moment who seem to have just popped up and are extremely vocal against the big bad Neogaf Bullying of the Xbox one.

And they all tend to have accounts that were created around about a year ago.

Im getting too aggressive with suggesting they may be astroturfers but something is definitely up at the moment, that is for sure.

curtsey of the Legendary Sunhi
ibsrgvZ5N5XBml.gif

Bad press is the least significant of Microsoft's concerns, I'd think. They're still having problems trying to meet fundamental design technical requirements at a stage where they've already made a public announcement and scheduled a worldwide release in only a few more months. I'd be surprised if the first batch of hardware didn't spontaneously catch fire, and developers working on this thing would be glad to know that they have no guaranteed performance benchmarks when they have to get something out in a few months.

Is this a Joke post?

Some games run worse on the PC due to lazy ports. Every GTA since 3 has required far more power than other comparable games.

I remember thinking my old PC was crap, because it couldn't handle GTA4 or Saints Row 2 properly, until I played Just Cause 2 and fucking orgazmed all over my keyboard.

GTA4 is just a terrible unoptimized engine. And Saints Row 2 was a lazy 360->PC port where the game literally ran slower if your machine was clocked faster than the 360. People made mods where you drove a race, and input the time that you finished into a formula to re-adjust the ticks in the game so it ran at a proper speed.

Some games run worse on the PC due to lazy ports. Every GTA since 3 has required far more power than other comparable games.

I remember thinking my old PC was crap, because it couldn't handle GTA4 or Saints Row 2 properly, until I played Just Cause 2 and fucking orgazmed all over my keyboard.

GTA4 is just a terrible unoptimized engine. And Saints Row 2 was a lazy 360->PC port where the game literally ran slower if your machine was clocked faster than the 360. People made mods where you drove a race, and input the time that you finished into a formula to re-adjust the ticks in the game so it ran at a proper speed.

Reality check.

Different architecture vs similar architecture. Similar architecture will make even the sloppiest ports seem decent by today's standards.

Still my PC wipes the floor with even those ports. GTA4 looks great when modded. Then again I'm sure you think this is horrible with better framerates.

Check out:
Are These Real Photos or GTA IV Screenshots?

Alebrije

Well , MS will cover all this stuff with the tons of money they will use on marketing. This only will care to a small group and not the "big" market. The TV interface will run there is no way they can go backwards , the games will look great ( compared to current generation ) and Xbone will end in a lot of living rooms...

But surely not mine...

BigDug13

Hopefully with the two consoles resembling PC hardware so closely, PC will become their lead development platform for next gen then port it over to specific hardware configs. (one can dream)

ReaperXL7

Microsoft is making a lot of mistakes, that's a fact. But Sony also made a lot of promises at their event, which aren't getting as much scrutiny. That Gaikai stuff, for instance. Is that really going to work? I hope they can show a practical application of it, live, no smoke and mirrors.

I really wouldn't commit to any specific platform at this point. Just enjoy the fireworks...that's e3 for you.

Except they were also pretty upfront about the fact that features would not be ready for launch. They have not gone into exact specifics no, but claiming they promised the world day 1 would be inaccurate at best.

Sony still has some questions to answer, but they got The system architecht on stage to go in depth with the system, and its specs. They have since then released far more detailed articles on the system and how they designed it. They are freely allowing devs to talk about the system, the games (mostly) and have done a complete 180 on developer relations.

Sony is in a far better situation the Microsoft is in right now, and at this point im skepticle thats going to change come the close of E3.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
MS needs to fire half, or all, of the PR Xbox heads.

This is embarrassing. I want to like this console. I want to see a bright light in the future of consoles. What do we get? 100% shit.

szaromir

Banned
Reality check.

Different architecture vs similar architecture. Similar architecture will make even the sloppiest ports seem decent by today's standards.

Still my PC wipes the floor with even those ports. GTA4 looks great when modded. Then again I'm sure you think this is horrible with better framerates.
All this effort from the community wasted on one of the worst games ever. Shame.

Into

Microsoft is making a lot of mistakes, that's a fact. But Sony also made a lot of promises at their event, which aren't getting as much scrutiny. That Gaikai stuff, for instance. Is that really going to work? I hope they can show a practical application of it, live, no smoke and mirrors.

I really wouldn't commit to any specific platform at this point. Just enjoy the fireworks...that's e3 for you.

They handled that pretty well by saying it was something they wanted to do, and presented this idea of playing all Playstation 1, 2, 3 and 4 games on any of your Playstation devices. They never said it would be available for launch, just kind of a empty promise of "maybe" in the future.

I am not sure how plausible that is and how well it would work, but i guess they felt confident enough to splash almost 400 million dollars on Gaikai for it.

1-D_FTW

:lol

Things are getting chippy. I like. New console smell time.

Although as an English native, I didn't understand it either. What's an Os? Vex?

They handled that pretty well by saying it was something they wanted to do, and presented this idea of playing all Playstation 1, 2, 3 and 4 games on any of your Playstation devices. They never said it would be available for launch, just kind of a empty promise of "maybe" in the future.

I am not sure how plausible that is and how well it would work, but i guess they felt confident enough to splash almost 400 million dollars on Gaikai for it.

Yeah, that was the B.S. portion of their conference. I'm sure it's possible and all, but not until we're all living under a google world of uncapped fiber connections.

BigDug13

This is embarrassing. I want to like this console. I want to see a bright light in the future of consoles. What do we get? 100% shit.

Public Relations is not why the XBone is looking like such a clusterf***. You can't shine a turd.

Reality check.

Check out:
Are These Real Photos or GTA IV Screenshots?

Which is exactly what I said with my example, of a MOD to fix Saints Row 2's issues.
But that's not always ideal or worth the trouble.

Moussuki

Banned

Wow, now that really sounds like PR talk... you know the 'gamers will love us after E3' MS has been hammering for two weeks.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Public Relations is not why the XBone is looking like such a clusterf***. You can't shine a turd.

Mythbusters disagrees with you, but I understand your point.

And as for the comment of "2 other consoles"... I don't think I've had a single thought about purchasing the Wii U, and I doubt I ever will.

Xbudz

With Microsoft and Nintendo failing - all Sony needs to do is nab exclusive Oculus Rift console support and GAME OVER.

BigDug13

Mythbusters disagrees with you, but I understand your point.

And as for the comment of "2 other consoles"... I don't think I've had a single thought about purchasing the Wii U, and I doubt I ever will.

My Wii collected too much dust for me to buy its successor. I guess I'm finally done with Mario as I haven't played through one fully since Mario 64 and haven't played a Zelda game fully since OOT.

PR is the least of this console's problems. Right now they're struggling to even set the console's architecture in stone without it exploding.

Which is exactly what I said with my example, of a MOD to fix Saints Row 2's issues.
But that's not always ideal or worth the trouble.

Then why don't you understand that the future consoles use the similar architecture and in the X1 while both use a form of Direct X.

:-/ I don't get it.

It's going to be impossible to do ports as sloppy as the ones you mentioned.

How is it possible, after all this time they had to design it and the disaster that was the 3 red rings, that they can fuck up like this.....again. What incompetence.

Grinchy

Banned
So is this as bad as it looks?

I don't think it is. No matter how shitty the console is, MS can afford to dump hundreds of millions of dollars into advertising, and they will sell to all the people who are susceptible to advertising. They are good at doing that.

It's all a question of ROI. If they sell more games on one platform because it's the game is graphically superior, then you will see a difference between the two consoles. If it doesn't bring in more profits, games on both platforms will look the same.

Just look at the PC. Powerful hardware doesn't guarantee a great difference.

True, but if the investment is literally just moving a slider from medium to high settings then there's no reason for the game to look the same on both platforms.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I don't think it is. No matter how shitty the console is, MS can afford to dump hundreds of millions of dollars into advertising, and they will sell to all the people who are susceptible to advertising. They are good at doing that.

Working really well for Windows Phones, Tablets and Windows 8.

Amir0x

Banned
Factually proving stories... Sigh, I think this proves my point to where this has escalated to.

It 'escalated' into the facts being revealed and people having to deal with it and yet being so painfully obviously unable to? I mean, that is, after all, what your post amounted to before. A wholesale denial of facts. Like saying the sun is made of freezing popsicles and then denying live footage of its burning, self-sustaining furnace.

ec0ec0 said:
so, is microsoft done? i would like to believe so but... i know that the answer is still no and will always be no.

Course not. As everyone can see, they're now so pathetic they're throwing fat sacks of cash around E3 just so pubs/devs won't show viable multiplatform games on PS4. That's how far they've stooped to try to deceive the gaming community because they fucked up so horrendously. There's really no spinning it.

So they'll also throw a billion dollars advertising the Xbox One and trying to trick people into purchasing what amounts to someone nailing their testicles to a table.

Goldmund

I didn't expect this to hit the blogs or anything, but I'm surprised nobody on Twitter seems to be talking about it, either.

How is it possible, after all this time they had to design it and the disaster that was the 3 red rings, that they can fuck up like this.....again. What incompetence.

Microsoft is a software company. Sony has better engineers and they've had experience creating multiple, and even complicated, pieces of hardware.

Alebrije

You can bet it.

windows_vista_logo.jpg

Evil Beaver

NeoGAF is going to absolutely implode in on itself in a spectacular gravitational singularity during E3. It's sure to be an emotional roller coaster.

I can't wait

MJEatingPopcorn.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom