• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn10 reveals the first 167 cars of Forza Motorsport 7

Gestault

I understand that, but toss us a bone out here.

I totally get you, for the record. The reveal list could be a 2002 Ford Focus, a 2007 Chevy Cobalt, and a 99 Mercury Tracer and I'd be ecstatic.

I honesly hope a lot of the "shit" cars with weird cult followings from Horizon 3 get carried over.

Izuna

Banned
There are at least 533 cars left to reveal, have some patience.

Well, they should consider it a fair warning otherwise:

xilQBeU.png

LoveCake

I hope all the rest then are just pure out and out racing cars.

There is no need for a million slightly different versions of a particular car.

KdotIX

700 does seem overkill, but I'm game. I've been having a blast in FM6 recently (thought I would complete that before FM7 hits). The career mode seems quite good for this title.

Fox Mulder

1988 McLaren #12 Honda McLaren MP4/4

Damn. I wasn't expecting this.

It was in Forza 6 dlc. No one uses it because it wasn't integrated into career events and the 1990 Ferrari 641 is a better f1 car in the same class.

I wonder if the game even has a modern f1 car. The usual Lotus isn't listed. Assetto Corsa gets a modern Ferrari, but we don't.

Still waiting for the 2003 Dodge Caravan. It adds a random new level of difficulty when the transmission falls off the car while driving.

But seriously, I just want the Golf R and the GTR.

The return of the 911 GT1 straßenversion is cause for celebration, and considering Turn 10 has a full-scale model of it gracing their lobby, you had to figure the '17 919 Hybrid was coming, but I'm still pleased to see it confirmed so quickly.

Silly number of cars.
Put those resources into tracks.

Considering FM6 already had a decent track roster, (one that returning circuits like Mugello and Suzuka will only make better), I'd rather Turn 10 invest in simulating more systems so that many of their 700 cars don't feel redundant; it's well past time for things like hybrid powertrains, active differentials and electronic driver aids to be modeled and realistically implemented, so that contemporary cars can be more than simply crude approximations.

Outside of the compromises the roster size forces on vehicle simulation, though, I have no problem with Turn 10 doubling down and playing the numbers game. With their most notable competitors on console offering more focused experiences, car count is an undeniable advantage to Forza, especially for players who just want to boot up the game and find whatever suits their fancy.

That's not exactly where I wanted to see the series go, but it's not like there's a shortage of options, on both console and PC, to scratch whatever itch Forza doesn't. Everyone wins!

I mean 700 cars sounds like a lot, but if it's just a billion Porsche and Ferrari like this initial list it doesn't exactly grab me, I want some Honda, Toyota, Nissan, TVR and Lancia love.

Ferrari trying to beat that Skyline number.

My bros are there so I'm fine.

Somewhat unrelated, but do you have Netflix? Have you watched "Apex"?

It's a hyper car documentary and they spend a ton of time talking to Christian Von Koenigsegg.

I had always loved the cars but listening to him talk about his design philosophy and how he feels about cars is just fucking awesome. He seems like a really awesome guy.

KRaZyAmmo

That's a crazy amount of exotics, supercars, and race cars. But oddly enough, they don't excite me as having a tuned car like the S chassis, Supra MKIV, ect. (I'd still drive them in game tho)

willbsn13

I mean 700 cars sounds like a lot, but if it's just a billion Porsche and Ferrari like this initial list it doesn't exactly grab me, I want some Honda, Toyota, Nissan, TVR and Lancia love.

Aside from TVR, theres gonna be plenty of Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas and Lancia's in this game.

m23

Right in the OP:

The first chunk is a whopping 167 cars, and it features supercars, track machines, and racecars.

This list is featuring certain types of cars. I'm sure there will be more than enough Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans etc.

Needs more Japan, though I’m sure that’s coming in final list.

I don’t plan on buying it with GT Sport coming out BUT I’d they give me either of the following I’ll drop the monies.

Toyota JZX100 Chaser
Toyota JZS160 Aristo
Suzuki Cappuchino
Nissan Stagea 260RS

i know full well we will never get any of these cars

willbsn13

Needs more Japan, though I’m sure that’s coming in final list.

I don’t plan on buying it with GT Sport coming out BUT I’d they give me either of the following I’ll drop the monies.

Toyota JZX100 Chaser
Toyota JZS160 Aristo
Suzuki Cappuchino
Nissan Stagea 260RS

i know full well we will never get any of these cars

I'd kill for any of these cars in a Forza game. Haven't seen any of them yet, heres to hoping they add them!

Top Bottom