• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn10 reveals the first 167 cars of Forza Motorsport 7

Gestault

Is this game like the old gran turismo where you start off with older cars, win races the can modify and buy other cars?

Not quite. You start off with a lot of sports-car stuff and branch out from there. It's not strictly a bottom-to-top progression, though things like F1 cars tend to not show up until later championships, just because they're more squirrelly. Upgrades and modifications are there for everything, but it's more about customization to taste, sneaking a car you like into a different class, or min-maxing performance in a performance bracket.

One thing people have pointed out with this reveal: Despite being the "final" reveal, this list only puts us at 670 cars, when the whole time they've claimed 700+ cars. I think there might be some hidden progression-locked cars that they don't want to spoil.

Is this game like the old gran turismo where you start off with older cars, win races the can modify and buy other cars?

Yes, although progression is a lot faster so you'll find yourself in nice cars earlier on.

xrnzaaas

650+ cars but so little that is actually new and fresh for Forza. 7 is getting an appropriate amount of flack all over twitter and the various forums for the lack of new content. It's not terrible since I missed out on FM6, but I would've like to have seen a lot of new GT3 cars given the rising popularity of the class.

Forza 7 will be a sweet deal for PC gamers who only got a small taste with Apex, but for me after spending about 150 hours with Forza 6 it's just not enough of new (and returning) content. I almost definitely won't buy it on day 1, will wait for a better holiday season price to enjoy the new career mode, Maple Valley and some of the DLC cars I didn't drive yet.

One thing people have pointed out with this reveal: Despite being the "final" reveal, this list only puts us at 670 cars, when the whole time they've claimed 700+ cars. I think there might be some hidden progression-locked cars that they don't want to spoil.

Yes probably that and more Forza Edition cars. They will surely add brand new 2017 models to the game, but in the car packs like they did with Horizon 3.

coastel

Not quite. You start off with a lot of sports-car stuff and branch out from there. It's not strictly a bottom-to-top progression, though things like F1 cars tend to not show up until later championships, just because they're more squirrelly. Upgrades and modifications are there for everything, but it's more about customization to taste, sneaking a car you like into a different class, or min-maxing performance in a performance bracket.

Yes, although progression is a lot faster so you'll find yourself in nice cars earlier on.

Thanks for the replys, really think I would like this. The videos on the xbox 1x looked great and think I'll be getting this when I get one.

Mascot

650+ cars but so little that is actually new and fresh for Forza. 7 is getting an appropriate amount of flack all over twitter and the various forums for the lack of new content. It's not terrible since I missed out on FM6, but I would've like to have seen a lot of new GT3 cars given the rising popularity of the class.
The problem is that there aren't many game-worthy cars in the world left that haven't already been in Forza. Seriously - what's missing? What should be culled and replaced with something else?

The problem is that there aren't many game-worthy cars in the world left that haven't already been in Forza. Seriously - what's missing? What should be culled and replaced with something else?

Mazda Furai :(

To be fair tho, that list of cars is solid.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Mercedes AMG GT3
05-Mercedes-Benz-AMG-GT3-680x379-680x379.jpg

Porsche 917
3d1152a0-3dc3-11e4-b8ff-6d8fa9efb139_69-Porsche-917-017-01.jpg

Lamborghini Huracan Performante
lambo-540.jpg

Ferrari 275 GTB
1967_Ferrari_275GTB41.jpg

Bugatti Chiron
0.jpg

McLaren F1 LM
1995-mclaren-f1-lm-8.jpg

McLaren 720S
mclaren-720s-1.jpg

Ferrari 812 Superfast

Tesla Model 3
d0iav10-e1461755819493.jpg

Anyway, my point is that there is almost no shortage of cars that are historically significant that still aren't in Forza Motorsport, as well as cars that were announced earlier this year that didn't make it in. (Though I imagine we'll see a lot of those as DLC.)

Fox Mulder

I imagine they could easily find like 100 cars to add from GT3/GTE categories or regular cars, stuff people ask for all the time.

They do things like have one current year f1 car or one current gt3 car. Why not add more cars from similar years in categories to race against? They give us the great mp4/4 and it is destroyed in X class by the later 1990 Ferrari.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I've been watching a series of YT vids from MotoGamesTV showing off the entire list of cars shown so far and I'm sorry guys, but anyone unhappy with this car list needs to have their head examined lol. This list is FUCKING BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, they've revealed a shit ton of cars that have yet to make it into ONE Gran Turismo game! I admit I'm a little biased towards older vintage cars but this game has them in SPADES!

My God...

The 1950 Alfa Romeo 158?
The 1934 Alfa Romeo P3?
The 1959 BMW 507?
The 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air?
The 1032 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe?
The 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon?
The nearly entire roster of '67 F1 GPL cars?

Are you fucking kidding me? My mouth is watering at the thought of driving some of these cars! GT and PCars wishes it had a list this good! Not to mention never in the history of PC has there been a racing game that's contained this many cars and has a progressive "GT-like" career mode. Props to Turn 10 for FINALLY bringing out a Forza game on PC!

Fox Mulder

I've been watching a series of YT vids from MotoGamesTV showing off the entire list of cars shown so far and I'm sorry guys, but anyone unhappy with this car list needs to have their head examined lol. This list is FUCKING BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, they've revealed a shit ton of cars that have yet to make it into ONE Gran Turismo game! I admit I'm a little biased towards older vintage cars but this game has them in SPADES!

My God...

The 1950 Alfa Romeo 158?
The 1934 Alfa Romeo P3?
The 1959 BMW 507?
The 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air?
The 1032 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe?
The 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon?
The nearly entire roster of '67 F1 GPL cars?

Are you fucking kidding me? My mouth is watering at the thought of driving some of these cars! GT and PCars wishes it had a list this good! Not to mention never in the history of PC has there been a racing game that's contained this many cars and has a progressive "GT-like" career mode. Props to Turn 10 for FINALLY bringing out a Forza game on PC!

This is a great list if you're new to the series. It's just Forza 6 and Horizon 3 cars with like a dozen actually new cars.

I've put God knows how many hours into this series and just see the same old stuff really.

Top Bottom