• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turrican Soundtrack Anthology Kickstarter project [Goal: 75K, funded]

Teppic

There's been an update to this. Chris talking about budget (possibility of a 4th CD), Vinyl, music production, and some other things.

Awesome to see that thing is going to happen. If that little bit in the beginning of the first video is anything to go by, we're gonna get really cool updates of these songs.

BARKSTAR

Banned
Absolutely brilliant. I bought the original soundtrack CD back in the day and still have it in pristine condition. Great music from Chris.

I have fired off an email to ask that if the funding was to keep going at the rate it is if he would consider releasing the soundtrack in discrete, uncompressed 5.1 on either SACD or Blu-Ray audio. Now that is something I will gladly donate towards!

Can't wait to get a hold of this either way.

Teppic

Over $100k now with the PayPal donations.

I'm going for the $75 ($85) pledge at the moment. Having the music in good quality recordings from the original hardware is something I've wanted for a while.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'll buy this. Turrican has some of the greatest music ever made for a video game.

ZoddGutts

Wow they've gotten Yuzo Koshiro to work on this project.

I'm very happy to annouce that our artist for the special retro remix will be Yuzo Koshiro from Japan, who doesn't really need an introduction for many of you. Mr. Koshiro's work is legendary among game music enthusiasts and I'm a big fan myself. We are extremely fortunate and thankful that he is available and willing to work on our project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ack-anthology-by-chris-huelsbeck/posts/227323

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=neHeYgxar-s

industrian

I made my contribution to this earlier today. :) I can't wait to hear the end result.

Cyntec

Bro fist.

Say what you want about Mega Drive low quality sound chip but I fucking love Mega Turrican OST.
Dare I say even more than Super Turrican.

The song is called "Bionic Action" and will be on the collection, Chris told me :)

Turrican3

The song is called "Bionic Action" and will be on the collection, Chris told me :)
As far as I understand the goal is to have as many Turrican1-3 tracks as possible + a couple from the various console counterparts, and I think it's easily achievable considering the boxset is going to have 4 CDs. :)

Cyntec

As far as I understand the goal is to have as many Turrican1-3 tracks as possible + a couple from the various console counterparts, and I think it's easily achievable considering the boxset is going to have 4 CDs. :)

True. But only CD 1-3 will contain re-arranged versions while the fourth CD is dedicated to original tracks :)

Teppic

is the usb stick really worth those 25 bucks more?
I'd say it might be worth it if you care about audio authenticity or want to have the music in an easy accessible format (MP3/FLAC) This assuming Chris can deliver what he promised. Quality recordings from the real hardware of everything he was involved with (Turrican 1-3, Mega Turrican, Super Turrican 1&2, a few C64 tracks, etc.)

True. But only CD 1-3 will contain re-arranged versions while the fourth CD is dedicated to original tracks :)
CD 1-3 is for Turrican 1-3. The 4th CD will mostly contain re-arranged versions of Super Turrican 2. Some tracks that only appear in Mega Turrican and Super Turrican is also said to be featured. Whether they appear on the 3rd or 4th CD is a bit unclear.

Teppic

Found the quote from Chris. He says it better than me :)

Many of you were asking what music will be included on the 4th CD and also on the memory stick. - The 4th CD will be mostly dedicated to the console versions, first and foremost Super Turrican 2, because it has a very unique and different soundtrack, while the others (Super Turrican 1 and Mega Turrican) have a lot of the same or similar pieces as are featured in the Amiga versions (but some of them will be featured as well, if they are different enough from the Amiga versions). I'm also planning to feature music pieces from the C64 version that I either composed or was directly involved with.
The same goes for the original game music on the USB stick - I'd like to include every bit of Turrican music that I composed or was directly involved with.

More details about everything will follow soon and I'm looking forward to complete the first bonus track for everyone at and above the $5 level before the funding campaign is over, so stay tuned! :)

-Chris

industrian

Vince DiCola needs a cut of this Kickstarter cash if he's going to do the C64 music as well. ;)

industrian

I heard the track (The Final Challenge) and it's pretty good. I can't wait for the full thing!

Lettuce

Are they being serious???....75K!!!! FarSight only asking 55K for their kickstarter project to bring, The Twlight Zone to The Pinball Arcade!

industrian

Massive bump, but relevant:

I got my download codes today. :)

It's great to finally be listening to this stuff. It's fantastic stuff.

Even with its delays, this is a credit to the viability of Kickstarter. To everyone here who backed it: thank you. :)

Turrican artwork never actually looks like the in-game character. Not even the original title screen pics did (He had long hair in one of them lol).

desu

I love the cover from cd 2/3, looks just awesome. Also tons of tracks sound really awesome! Was worth it.

Turrican3

Overall an outstanding effort by Chris and others.
There are a few weird things here and there but the whole warm Paula "feeling" of the original Amiga soundtrack has been kept intact.

Awesome. :)
(can't wait for the physical stuff that should have a shipping date soon according to Chris)

industrian

I listened to them constantly at work today. The Transformers Medley is amazing, and the way in which it is "relevant" to the Anthology is always funny. It's the great way to close the circle really.

Turrican artwork never actually looks like the in-game character. Not even the original title screen pics did (He had long hair in one of them lol).

It was a trace of the cover of Kings of Metal by Manowar.

gJJYZny.jpg

Great album, great game.

FACE

Banned
I listened to them constantly at work today. The Transformers Medley is amazing, and the way in which it is "relevant" to the Anthology is always funny. It's the great way to close the circle really.

It was a trace of the cover of Kings of Metal by Manowar.

Great album, great game.

Don't believe this man's lies.

Top Bottom