• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tv shows to fall asleep to?

Kagey K

Banned
I need background noise as I try to sleep. So as I go to bed I close my eyes and try to listen to tv shows I like would old radio plays.

I find that docudramas are the easiest to envision as you sleep, they describe everything so well that you never have to peek at the tv to see if you are close. The first 48, and ID Discovery being the easiest to interpret as you sleep.

What are your soothing or favorite shows to play as background noise as you try to sleep?

Last edited:

Traianvs

I can't use TV series to sleep because I HAVE to follow the story, obtaining the opposite effect.

My perfect background noise when I want to sleep or relax are YouTube videos of old games, possibly without comments from the players.

For me it's incredibly relaxing to close my eyes and listing to the sounds of old games I knew as a kid.

Pagusas

Elden Member
King of the Hill is a good one for me.

Animal Planets River Monsters is another.

Both are on Hulu

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
I used to just leave the news channel on but that shit's depressing as hell. Now I like putting on them alien documentaries they got on YT. Them things are entertaining as hell. I put one on the other night which had some loon claiming he'd been a test pilot out at Area 51 and had flown a real UFO. The dude was crosseyed and weighed about 500 pounds.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I need background noise as I try to sleep. So as I go to bed I close my eyes and try to listen to tv shows I like would old radio plays.

I find that docudramas are the easiest to envision as you sleep, they describe everything so well that you never have to peek at the tv to see if you are close. The first 48, and ID Discovery being the easiest to interpret as you sleep.

What are your soothing or favorite shows to play as background noise as you try to sleep?
Podcasts on youtube. You don't have to actually watch it. You can close your eyes, and listen in like a radio show. Then you pass out in like 10 minutes.

J-Roderton

I usually go with a series that I’ve already seen several times so I don’t exactly have to pay close attention to it and can keep volume low. God, the amount of times I have watched South Park, It Crowd, or Family Guy.

Infinity

MASH. As a kid, I would fall asleep to this every night. My parents were huge fans and tuned me into one. Great show.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
South Park. It cannot be beaten especially as much of the humour is not visual, so you can turn the monitor off and leave the speakers on while you nod off.

TV shows to fall asleep to? Generally I'd say sitcoms that are "ok" or "good, but not great". They aren't that complicated, not too engaging and you can generally follow it, just by listening to it.

timeflais

Banned
Did you know the bridge between awake and sleeping has been a pivotal driving force for mankind? What would happen if you learned to traverse this without distraction, how would it improve your life?

Top Bottom