• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD officially announced.

Anth0ny

A big "Eh?".

I expected a Wind Waker HD treatment.

the difference between wind waker and twilight princess is that wind waker's art style lends itself to an HD remake far better than twilight princess. all you had to do is glimpse into the dolphin thread and see how much 1080p dramatically makes that game look better.

twilight princess, on the other hand...

Nanashrew

Banned
Looks nice.

TLoZTPHD_Nov122015_09.jpg

TLoZTPHD_Nov122015_10.jpg

EDIT: There is some artifacting in these images, don't mind those. For what it's worth it looks good and I would love to see better quality images when they appear.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Have you tried running Twilight Princess on Dolphin lately? LLE audio is no longer necessary, HLE is way faster and has perfect audio. EFB Copies to RAM is also no longer necessary to fix the minimap which dramatically lowers the hardware requirements. Use the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties to improve performance in Hyrule Field. Twilight Princess actually runs really well on Dolphin right now.

I played it last year. I will try it again if it's so much improved.

Delt31

does the bundle include anything besides the amiibo (like bonus for the new Zelda wii u) and if not, can I buy the amiibo by itself?

RPGCrazied

does the bundle include anything besides the amiibo (like bonus for the new Zelda wii u) and if not, can I buy the amiibo by itself?

The soundtrack, though it says you can get that by preordering any version.

And Midna being sold by itself is probably a good chance.

trixx

The only thing that has my interest is the Amiibo.

If they don't have some serious changes in place, I'll gladly save $60+ and play the wii version I have. I also have the TP soundtrack or a good portion of it with the 25th anniversary CD

Game looks like ass, tbh. I loved TP so...eh. I dunno. Maybe buy.

It's just hasn't aged well at all.

Honestly, it was kinda dated when it came out. I mean the level design was great and the scale was somewhat impressive, but the lack of VA, the poor sound quality, dem field textures, and the combat were all behind the curve compared to other late gen 6 games.

That said, its still the last great game Nintendo ever made. If I had a Wii-U I'd probably buy the remaster.

RPGCrazied

I wonder if Skyward Sword will get the HD treatment, but by that time comes out the NX will probably be close to releasing.

Nanashrew

Banned
Wind Waker HD looked VERY different to Wind Waker on Gamecube. It wasn't just the original visuals at 1080p.

New lighting and textures. It wasn't a huge overhaul though and much of it easier to fix due to its simplicity. It was a quick and easy remaster that only took 6 months to complete.

AgeEighty

Wind Waker HD looked VERY different to Wind Waker on Gamecube. It wasn't just the original visuals at 1080p.

And neither is this. WW HD was not a full remake. It simply had a graphical style that had more to gain from a remaster than TP thanks to its cel shading.

They're getting roughly the same treatment as far as I can see.

Kriken

So what are the details? 1080p? 30fps? Upgraded OST?

It probably should be 1080/30 if Wind Waker is any indication, I'd like to see them have an orchestrated OST as an option, but I don't have high hopes for that

Edit: I am a bit curious what amiibo support will be considering we already know what Twilight Princess already has content-wise. Boss rush? Challenges? Costumes?

Cleve

Sorry if it was mentioned in the thread already, have they said anything about a cheaper sku maybe digital without the amibo?

guek

Banned
Honestly, it was kinda dated when it came out. I mean the level design was great and the scale was somewhat impressive, but the lack of VA, the poor sound quality, dem field textures, and the combat were all behind the curve compared to other late gen 6 games.

That said, its still the last great game Nintendo ever made. If I had a Wii-U I'd probably buy the remaster.

I was with you up until the bolded lol

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Good news for people who missed out on it last gen but I can't see me buying it unless there is a significant amount of new content, which seems unlikely.

munchie64

colin-farrell.gif

RPGCrazied

The HUD alone looks better in the HD version. Gets rid of that hideous layout that takes the whole right part of the screen.

TP looked amazing and this will look good too just like for example Devil May Cry did again in HD. But speaking of which, the problem with a normal remaster is that a single game is way too little content for which usually comes in collections (for gen 6 games), even more so for a certainly high price.

To be completely fair, Zelda games are usually long ass games, this one particularly is humongous. TP takes longer than the whole DMC trilogy to beat.

I was with you up until the bolded lol

I should have probably clarified, I meant Nintendo proper, as in EAD. They've still published quite a few games from their subsidiaries that I've enjoyed, but TP was the last game from their central studio(s) that I would say was exceptional.

I really did not care for Mario Galaxy (at least compared to 64 and Sunshine), but I know I'm in the minority on that one.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
There's still 4 months. Hopefully they use that time to refine it.

That said I really hope I won't have to pay $120 on eBay again to get the LE version like I had to do for Wind Waker HD.

Also, why the heck wasn't the Ganondorf statue in WWHD an Amiibo? Missed opportunity!

Hoping to see some gameplay improvements. The swift sail sold me on WWHD, but if there's not similar changes in store for TPHD I might just stick with my GameCube version.

Nanashrew

Banned
Good news for people who missed out on it last gen but I can't see me buying it unless there is a significant amount of new content, which seems unlikely.

How many remasters get new content? The Jak and Daxter collection is still the same as the PS2 versions. Most buy remasters to re-own the game, play it cause they've never owned and if possible, squashed some bugs and adjust some of the mechanics and pacing so the game plays and feels better.

Joei

Hey, TP is my favorite Zelda game. No joke. I wish the sondtrack was higher quality. Sounds like midi's at times.

Add me to the club. TP is my favorite 3D Zelda and I'm excited to play it again. Those dungeons are so f'n awesome.

The Giant

Banned
I wonder if Nintendo is gonna be continuing working with Tantalus/Straight Right in the future. Best to make new partners to continuing working with.

Good for aussie gaming industry.

Christ almighty people. Nintendo FINALLY gets the HD Remaster idea right (even if it's for the worst Zelda game), and all you can do is complain that it isn't some terrible update with a changed graphical style, horrible lighting decisions and the like that destroy the magic of the original like OoT3D, MM3D or TWWHD.

Top Bottom