• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD officially announced.

Nanashrew

Banned
From Wikipedia:

So really like...nothing of value. I'm guessing they were cheap.

To add from Hero of Legend's thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139438

Most recently Tantalus, with their alternate brand name Straight Right did the ports of:

Mass Effect 3 (PS360 to Wii U)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (PS360 to Wii U, the DC release was initially exclusive but was also enhanced for PS360 by Snowed In Studios, Tantalus still exclusively did the Wii U version)
Zombi (Zombi U Wii U to PS4 and XBO)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So let me ge this straight: There will be a version of the best Zelda game since MM and it won't look like ass? Sold. Whatever, I'm a sucker for TP. Don't look at me like that.

RPGCrazied

So let me ge this straight: There will be a version of the best Zelda game since MM and it won't look like ass? Sold. Whatever, I'm a sucker for TP. Don't look at me like that.

Hey, TP is my favorite Zelda game. No joke. I wish the sondtrack was higher quality. Sounds like midi's at times.

Canon

Banned
How disappointing that they outsourced it to some company and probably did 3-4 months of work on it.... If you're gonna remake something, at least do what Gears of War or Wind Waker HD did.

Yarbskoo

Never seen it before. Zeldawiki.org doesn't even seem to have it either.

I don't recognize that Ganondorf art either.

The art of Link on Epona and Midna on Link also looks different than the previous art. Wolf Link is looking up, and Link's Sword is pointing skyward instead of at the ground.

The dungeons in this game are magnificent but its hard to get excited to replay the rest of the game. Textures upgrade is nice but without some remodeling of the environments its not going to transition to HD as well as Wind Waker did.

Hope I can pick this up cheap down the line like I managed to with Wind Waker.

TunaLover

Didn't see it in the OP, so...
WIUG0164_20151112191141_f.jpg

yami4ct

Game doesn't look Wind Waker HD good, but that's an impossible feat. It's certainly an improvement, but I could've hoped for more. It's not my favorite Zelda by any means (It's probably my least favorite of the main series), but I'm still looking forward to playing it again. Give me an upresed version without tacked on motion controls and non-hacked wide screen support and I'm happy.

Excited to hear what the gameplay changes are, though. Hopefully they tweak the tutorial area especially. The pacing of that was terrible.

I wonder if they'll do a double pack with this and include TP and WInd Waker, like they did with NSMBU+Luigi U.

Probably not for a while I'd guess since they seem to be selling TP HD for close to full price and Wind Waker is still $50 or so, but it'd still be cool to get a double pack with both of them in it.

I noticed the texture changes but was like "man these decade old models".

How disappointing that they outsourced it to some company and probably did 3-4 months of work on it.... If you're gonna remake something, at least do what Gears of War or Wind Waker HD did.
Just so you are aware parts of Wind Waker HD were outsourced and it took 6 months of work.

Okay why the fuck did I preorder this? I dont even have a Wii U XD
Guess it's time to hunt one at $200 next year.

Edit: I still have my strategy guide from the Wii version (never finished it), hopefully it's still relevant XD

Also, whenever you post that Dolphin video, post also the cofig needed to run it above 20 fps. Also, Hyrule Field.
Have you tried running Twilight Princess on Dolphin lately? LLE audio is no longer necessary, HLE is way faster and has perfect audio. EFB Copies to RAM is also no longer necessary to fix the minimap which dramatically lowers the hardware requirements. Use the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties to improve performance in Hyrule Field. Twilight Princess actually runs really well on Dolphin right now.

Well it looks alright I guess. I was really hoping they'd do more gameplay changes, but it seems not. I'll still buy it but I'm not looking forward to the intro....

Big Dog

They didn't even create new art assets

Holy sheet, Nintendo. This is padding and you know it
That's not a new trend. Maybe you will remember that Okami HD art cover was literally an image taken from the IGN site. Each copy of that game released with an IGN watermark hidden on it.

they outsorced wind waker texture work just like they are doing with tp, and they have design team at nintendo doing the changes and handling the project, just like ww HD. and ww hd took 6 months to make

RPGCrazied

The box is sexy as heck too. Its not just the game box and an amiibo box. I love the peekabo window too. Makes you want to keep it in the box.

Hopefully Midna will be sold separately too.

Ninjimbo

TP is awesome. I'll take the upres for whatever price Nintendo puts on it. I reallg don't care if they don't add anything.

Revven

A big "Eh?".

I expected a Wind Waker HD treatment.

When WWHD was first revealed it didn't look that much improved either. Give it more time. Especially since we don't even know what gameplay improvements there are (in terms of streamlining and such) + possible mode additions (Hero mode, boss rush)

Illucio

Banned
So who wants to guess what the Amiibo support is?

My guess is that the Wolf Link/Midna Amiibo will immediately change Link to Wolf form without having to talk to Midna.

But the other Amiibos... Masks? Timed challenged? Costume changes?

sinxtanx

hold on a hot minute

what the hell will amiibo even do for the game?

if it's just costumes...eh
if it's mini dungeons...cool
if it's Links Crossbow Training...o_0

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
hold on a hot minute

what the hell will amiibo even do for the game?

if it's just costumes...eh
if it's mini dungeons...cool
if it's Links Crossbow Training...o_0
Unlocks an extra 2 hour tutorial that teaches the player how to play through the original tutorials.

jmizzal

geez they Zelda Cycle contunes even on remasters lol

Remember when we first saw WW HD and people complained about how it looked, now its being praised and this one bashed lol

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wind Waker was already released though. :p

No, no I'm talking about the BEST game since MM. Not the worst (though, that would be SS)

geez they Zelda Cycle contunes even on remasters lol

Remember when we first saw WW HD and people complained about how it looked, now its being praised and this one bashed lol

Not familiar with the Zelda titel, but let me guess:
Game is announced: Everybody complains about it, death of the franchise, worst thing ever.
Game is released: It's a fantastic game.

I hope TP HD lets me invert the Y axis of both first AND third person cameras unlike WWHD that only let you invert FP.

Join the rest of the industry, Nintendo. Y-inversion option for everything has been around since early 2000s and its an industry standard ever since last gen started. Don't fail me here like you did with WW in 2013.

Nanashrew

Banned
No, no, no.

Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-04.jpg

2419691-8407961539_87d1d4a869_o.jpg

It didn't get that much of a graphical overhaul though, if anything it got light touch ups. Wind Waker is much more simplistic and was much easier and quicker to remaster. Textures are also simpler. The art design of Wind Waker is timeless in its simplicity.

Also many criticized the bloom in the first shots, which did get toned down in the release.

DeaviL

Banned
Not familiar with the Zelda titel, but let me guess:
Game is announced: Everybody complains about it, death of the franchise, worst thing ever.
Game is released: It's a fantastic game.

Almost,
Game is released: It's absolute shit, the previous game about which we said the same thing is now the best thing ever.

jmizzal

Eeek at that list. Still though, from the preview I saw, it looked great to me.

Tatulas is part of Straight Right who have done these games

http://straightright.net/games_2013.php

They put more hardcore games under the Straight Right label, but its the same company

They have been working on this game since last year, its been hinted at for a while, we just thought it was a 3rd party game

So glad I stopped after the second dungeon on Dolphin when reading the rumors about an HD version.

Now it's official. I'm so excited!

2016 is gonna be amazing.

Mcdohl

Can OP be updated with screens/footage?

So it was real, huh?

This is my favorite Zelda title so really looking forward to it!

Hopefully they include a harder difficulty mode, specially for boss fights!

I remember them being so badass looking but they did so little dmg to Link...sans this crazy crazy beast...

latest

Red Hood

Banned
So glad I stopped after the second dungeon on Dolphin when reading the rumors about an HD version.

Now it's official. I'm so excited!

2016 is gonna be amazing.

Looking at this, I think you might as well finish it on Dolphin and spend the 60$ on something else.

Yukinari

Im kinda worried that they didnt detail the added features or changes to the game at all.

It seriously better not just be a slight graphical upgrade. Wind Waker HD had so many improvements to the original.

jmizzal

Im kinda worried that they didnt detail the added features or changes to the game at all.

It seriously better not just be a slight graphical upgrade. Wind Waker HD had so many improvements to the original.

Its not out for another 4 months, Nintendo isnt about to tell everything, they want you to buy the Holiday games first lol

Top Bottom