• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal announced [S-CONF]

Kaako

Felium Defensor
NumSkull- said:
Any word on the frame rate? Full auto 2 was 60fps wasn't it??
Game definitely seems to be running over 30fps already. I think the retail version will be 60fps. Would be awesome if David Jaffe could drop by and confirm what they're going for. He's probably super busy though with all the interviews and such.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Kaako said:
Game definitely seems to be running over 30fps already. I think the retail version will be 60fps. Would be awesome if David Jaffe could drop by and confirm what they're going for. He's probably super busy though with all the booth babes, booze and whores though.

fixed

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
NumSkull- said:
Any word on the frame rate? Full auto 2 was 60fps wasn't it??
Hell no. But Twisted Metal Black was, and I think this one is too. I'll give it a closer look tomorrow. I can tell the difference between 30 and 60 but sometimes I have to make a conscious effort.

belvedere

Junior Butler
SapientWolf said:
Hell no. But Twisted Metal Black was, and I think this one is too. I'll give it a closer look tomorrow. I can tell the difference between 30 and 60 but sometimes I have to make a conscious effort.

The game was definitely running above 30, though you could see quite a few big dips. Pretty normal considering it's early stage in development.

I think we'll definitely see 60 fps when it's released.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Also remember Jaffe mentioning that he had his "magic date" and Sony had theirs. I really hope Sony let's them take their time and don't rush this. Release it when it's ready please. :D

Trevelyan

Banned
Kaako said:
Also remember Jaffe mentioning that he had his "magic date" and Sony had theirs. I really hope Sony let's them take their time and don't rush this. Release it when it's ready please. :D

It'd be awesome if it came out next June. Can be on the 10 year anniversary of Black!

Rattles

SapientWolf said:
My bad thanks for clearing that up.

Any one got a gif of the G4 interview when the two cars go into the theater or something and the chairs are just going everywhere?? I mean that stuffs gotta be 60fps ain't it? ain't it!??

been watching some more videos and stage demos of this

I think it looks really great. I liked Twisted Metal 2, Black, and Head on a lot. It seems like you have more control over the vehicles now.

TheFury

This looks incredibly fun. I'm glad Jaffe kept it secret, or at least tried to. Games are announced way too early. I wasn't expecting such a big blowout for it if it was going to be announced so that was surprising.

AAK

Wow, this looks way better than how I ever imagined Starhawk!

Please please please include the TM2 soundtrack! :D

watch

watch

Cruzader

Banned
Gameplay looks 60FPS, no way its running anything below that.

I wouldnt be surprised if this game ends up supporting 3D.

BeeDog

The more I see of this game, the more awesomely fun it looks. :p Will definitely buy this one if the SP portion's solid too.

The only thing that irks me is that the destruction looks really off now, stuff just disappear and is replaced by debris. They need to fix this, but I have no doubt it will be in the coming months.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
one thing that always bothered me is that TM head on never gets its due respect on gaf. Maybe not a lot of people here got the chance to play/get good online, but I had more fun with that game than any twisted metal game to date.

It brought what I loved about black and what I loved about tm2 and put them into an almost perfect psp tm. To this day, that game is the most fun I've had in a multi-player game.

Madman

BeeDog said:
The more I see of this game, the more awesomely fun it looks. :p Will definitely buy this one if the SP portion's solid too.

The only thing that irks me is that the destruction looks really off now, stuff just disappear and is replaced by debris. They need to fix this, but I have no doubt it will be in the coming months.
On his Twitter Jaffe said it was a bug and would be fixed.

dralla

I would really like to see the suburbs map back from Black. it's big enough that I think they could make it work

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
kamikazekoala said:
Does that mean that only those four characters will be in the game? No shadow, spectre and others? Please say no... :(
Nope, they're just the ones that have a striking design and could be made to have distinctive followers so it can be easy to tell teams apart in multiplayer. The single player game supposedly has 12-16 individual characters.

Leunam

You're not going to be playing as those characters, I think. You'll be playing a character that follows their theme.

Oh, ok. Then I'm hyped again. Wouldn't it be cool if they would have every character of TM1, TM2, (TMSB), TMB and TMHO in the singleplayer?

I know that's just wishfull thinking, but seeing all those in glorious HD, would be very nice. :D

For MP I doubt they would go about making a ton of teams with so many unique vehicles, attacks, characters, etc. I can see them sticking to only a few teams, while the single player should hopefully have more diverse character selection like in the past games.

Loudninja

Twisted Metal Returns! Eat Sleep Play Speaks Today
If you want to hear more from David and Scott soon, you’re in luck: they’ll be speaking *today* at Comic-Con. They’ll be revealing some of the characters of the new game, share early looks at the game’s twisted end stories, and show concept art of ideas that never saw the light of day.

The “Twisted Metal Returns!” panel starts at 1PM this afternoon in Room 8. It should be awesome in person but, if you’re not going to be able to make it to Comic-Con, we’ll be recording it and sharing highlights with you next week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/07/23/twisted-metal-returns-eat-sleep-play-speaks-today/

darkwing

nice info on the MP

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2010/07/28/twisted-metal-for-ps3-has-two-kinds-of-choppers/

The fact that players can switch vehicles means that certain characters won’t be tied to vehicles anymore. Players will choose teams run by the classic protagonists such as Sweet Tooth and Dollface, but they all won’t be driving ice cream trucks and big rigs. Some will drive offensive-minded sports cars or tow trucks, which act as healers. The sniper role is actually really fascinating because the game goes into a slick Picture in Picture mode showing the target you’re trying to shoot. Take them out and see their car crash.

Other vehicles include Vermin, an pest extermination truck that shoots out remote controlled rat rockets; Meat Wagon, an ambulance that wheels out patients as bombs; War Boat (I figure that’s a car); talon, the aforementioned helicopter; Reaper, the motorcycle; and the Junkyard Dog, the tow truck. On top of how they all handle, the vehicles each have their own special weapon, which fires off two kinds of attacks.

Top Bottom