• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

I made a GIF to give people some idea of what it looks like and capture the true essence of Twitch's struggle against itself.

ig1zf4teLBPxF.gif

Shit's hilarious

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Maybe the guy on the server will add a cheat for unlimited time to the safari zone?

If they are really stuck in the safari zone for a few days, "player" numbers will plummet and it might get down to a number of people that might be able to better coordinate themselves. I wouldnt change/cheat anything, just see how it develops.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Fucking Moon stone!!!

Repost:

This image will be needed until they finally use the moonstone/sell it or whatever. Wouldnt be surprised if it stays a running gag until the end or if they accidentally throw it away halfway through.

Wait, you need to go to safari zone to get Surf.

Welp.

No one said its going to be easy.

And I just thought of these monkeys having the ability to use "Fly", lol. They'll never get the right city :p

mclem

*cheers for the team*

I just envisioned a comic about walking past an item, stopping and thinking they might have missed something, going back and walking right past the huge item ball again.

If this goes sufficiently viral, I can't wait for the ensuing Castle Vidcons.

Toma

Speaking of which, isnt this strictly speaking piracy because its running on an emulator and we are supporting it with this thread?

#Curiousbutdoesntwanttobeapartypooper

mclem

And I just thought of these monkeys having the ability to use "Fly", lol. They'll never get the right city :p

Do you ever *need* Fly? It might be sensible if some people co-ordinate in a quiet moment to put the 'Fly' Pokemon away in the Center where it can't do much damage.

Symphonia

Banned
I managed to stomach about five minutes of watching Red exit and then re-enter the Pokemon centre numerous times. How they managed to beat the first Gym Leader is beyond me.

Speaking of which, isnt this strictly speaking piracy because its running on an emulator and we are supporting it with this thread?

Emulation isn't piracy. We don't know if the person streaming dumped their copy of the game or not, and I don't know if there is any sort of legal precedent sharing simply inputs amongst many players and whether DMCA or any other law prohibits it.

Also, the last fight in a nutshell...
LizGQw2.gif

Revven

LMAO this is amazing. I saw this being tweeted out by Romscout and Trihex. I clicked on it out of curiosity and died of laughter. Holy shit, this is both brilliant and stupid at the same time.

mclem

A fair question. I'd say that perhaps it could be argued that the nature of the implementation would allow it to fall under fair use. But you'd need a decent lawyer!

To justify the use as fair, one must demonstrate how it either advances knowledge or the progress of the arts through the addition of something new. A key consideration is the extent to which the use is interpreted as transformative, as opposed to merely derivative.

I'd call this transformative, but it's absolutely a fine line.

Toma

Emulation isn't piracy. We don't know if the person streaming dumped their copy of the game or not, and I don't know if there is any sort of legal precedent sharing simply inputs amongst many players and whether DMCA or any other law prohibits it.

Also, the last fight in a nutshell...
LizGQw2.gif

Haha, please keep making gifs guys :p

Jb

Realistically, is it really possible to beat all the trainers leading to the next gym without potions/going back to the Pokecenter/grinding? I don't see it happening.

Toma

Realistically, is it really possible to beat all the trainers leading to the next gym without potions/going back to the Pokecenter/grinding? I don't see it happening.

They ARE grinding.

Also we are about to challenge Misty again. Here. We. Go.

mclem

One thing this group is *good* at is grinding.

An-Det

This is pretty damn amazing that they've made any progress at all. Now they're about to try to fight Misty and going to get owned, but this is really impressive.

It's easy enough to fail, go back to the pokecenter, and try again over and over again.

(fake edit) Just hit Misty!

This is just amazing. Man i missed this game, love the simplistic designs on everything.

Would it really matter if it was piracy? Can you even buy that version of pokemon anymore? This is basically all free advertising anyway.

It also kinda sums up what sucks about nintendos VC service. It sucks how easy it is to get all their old games on the PC but even if u wanted to play you wouldn't be able to buy the games through legit pathways. Then these companies wonder why people pirate.

I made a GIF to give people some idea of what it looks like and capture the true essence of Twitch's struggle against itself.

ig1zf4teLBPxF.gif

I would just like to note that the Astrogamer in this gif is not me. However, it has brought me 1 step closer to finding that guy and having universal site branding

Toma

This is just amazing. Man i missed this game, love the simplistic designs on everything.

Would it really matter if it was piracy? Can you even buy that version of pokemon anymore? This is basically all free advertising anyway.

It also kinda sums up what sucks about nintendos VC service. It sucks how easy it is to get all their old games on the PC but even if u wanted to play you wouldn't be able to buy the games through legit pathways. Then these companies wonder why people pirate.

I am enjoying this too much to have any sort of bad conscience about it. I was rather asking because of mods locking this thread/Nintendo sueing the channel creator.

This is a seriously epic battle so far!!

2LzEHgr.gif

(edit) And yes, chat managed to do that for about a minute before finally breaking the cycle

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, what's the deal with this? He's a motherfucking Dragon-type and you're telling me the bastard can't learn Fly? What's the point in his goddamn wings then!?

He's not a Dragon type. He's never been a Dragon type (well, not until Gen VI with Mega Charizard X but that's a different story).

So close to beating Staryu, one more quick attack but no switch out and switch out again.

1HP, i'll try to run...

I'm just dreading cut myself. They did manage to teach bide (ironically this might be a good move because it won't be 10 minutes of trying to use the moon stone) so that part works but its the opening a menu and selecting the right set of options.

Top Bottom