• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch streamer gets Swatted on an Airplane

L Thammy

I'm kind of scared to look any further into this, because it seems from this thread that everyone involved is some varying degree of awful.

Boke1879

Twitch usually seems really strict with this kind of stuff. How was he not shut down sooner?

Twitch really isn't all that strict when it comes to their bigger streamers.

And Twitch chat is even worse. Twitch chat is damn near like youtube comments. Obviously not at vulgar or anything but you see how shitty they can be.

Sure, IcePoseidon is a fucking idiot but you cannot blame him for this.
So we can't blame the person that enables this type of behavior and never changes his streaming habits every time someone calls a business a ton or anything like that while he's IRL streaming and breeding a toxic community?

Alright then I guess.

You'd think the idiot would learn from his past after getting swatted multiple times or from businesses getting pissed because he keeps showing where he's going and his stupid community calls them all the time to talk to him. Sure, they're the ones doing it but he enables it.

Mendrox

There needs to be serious consequences for these actions.

How? You can't do shit it seems except for hoping that a caller also leaks his location from a normal phone or something like this.

Example:

Person streams
Person opens Skype and you can easily get his IP
You know where he approximately lives
You watch his stream and wait for informationen like this (where does he fly to? when does he expect to arrive there etc. --> check the flights in his location)
--> start the bomb threat

Scary, just scary...

Strakt

Thank god hes banned on twitch now. If people have been following him on twitch, he is one of the only streamers to have bad shit consistently happen to him on stream. I thought he would of learned by now to be careful when streaming in the IRL section but nope. Its pretty much his fault for giving his location / what gate he was at. He 100% deserves the ban. The swatting on the other hand needs to stop; its a shitty thing to do.

What sort of psychopath makes that hoax call? Think of the poor person who fielded that call who had to take it at face value. Absolute cretin.

Thank god hes banned on twitch now. If people have been following him on twitch, he is one of the only streamers to have bad shit consistently happen to him on stream. I thought he would of learned by now to be careful when streaming in the IRL section but nope. Its pretty much his fault for giving his location / what gate he was at. He 100% deserves the ban. The swatting on the other hand needs to stop; its a shitty thing to do.

Also agree with this, there's a place for the irl streams say conventions or very public events. A flight gate though ehhh, bad call buddy use your common sense.

Sure, IcePoseidon is a fucking idiot but you cannot blame him for this.

It's the fucking immature troll that needs to be thrown in a hole.

Anyone who even contemplates doing this needs to be locked up for good.

They're a danger to society.

Yeah you can. Easily.

bethore

It's interesting to see how many people here are placing the blame on the streamer, ie the victim here. I'm pretty sure most of you wouldn't take on this same attitude if it were other subjects of victim blaming.

Just having watched his perspective video I get the feeling that there's about a .1% chance that he wasn't involved in the call in some way.

HardRojo

Regarding the swatter, fucking hell why would you do something like that? You have to be fucked up in the head to think it's all fun and games when you do that.
Regarding the streamers, don't go enabling toxic behavior and this kind of shitty stuff for fuck's sake! Why do you need to reveal everything about your location?

LordofPwn

Swatting people is no joke. If you swat someone and it gets them killed you should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Tagyhag

Eh no matter how shitty he is (I don't know him or his community), it's still a shitty situation for everyone else involved, namely the scared passengers and police who had to deal with this bullshit.

Of course, and I sympathize them for having to put up with the streamer's bs and the Swatter's bs. Obviously the latter is more at fault here.

low-G

Swatting people is no joke. If you swat someone and it gets them killed you should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

how about first degree murder? swatting with no casualties = attempted first degree murder.

Nothing involuntary about literally trying to get someone killed. You're quite literally sending someone to kill a target.

It's interesting to see how many people here are placing the blame on the streamer, ie the victim here. I'm pretty sure most of you wouldn't take on this same attitude if it were other subjects of victim blaming.
Like I said before, he's been swatted before and willingly just streams every business he's going to while walking down the street showing his location on signs and his toxic community spam calls them to talk to him. He should of never streamed at the airport and gave the gate number and information. It is completely his fault, I don't care if he's the victim. This type of crap has been going on with his community for months, did he ever once stop to think "Hmm, maybe I should stop this because this is going to turn bad one day"? No, he kept doing it.

Did he deserve the ban? Yes, he's been banned multiple times for this type of crap before and other reasons.

Does the person that did it deserve everything that happens to him? Yes.

I'd say live and learn, but he didn't learn from all the other past experiences, so will he learn now? Probably not.

You don't know who Ice Poseidon is, do you? One of his gimmick is going out into stores and having his viewers harass the employees by calling them, he has gotten kicked out of a bunch of places because of this. His stream has a long history of racism, he pretty much got popular because of it, and the other day he went to a store called Watermelon and Chicken and acted surprised when his viewers harassed the owner and then got kicked out.

With this airport incident, he streamed from an airport, knowing full well what his viewers do and how he got swatted recently, then he told that chat his terminal location and said something along the lines of, "eh, what's the worst you can do?.

Pretty much nails it.

Cleve

Did the swatting defense force show up in this thread yet saying the people doing the swatting shouldn't be blamed?

There really need to be stiff consequences to pulling this crap.

-edit- fuck this ice poseidon guy too, seems like his shtick is going out and getting his users to harass people? I hope YT bans him too

Quonny

He literally asked for it. No sympathy in this case.

Of course, the swatter should be punished as well.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah, he was asking for it!
Just look at what he's wearing!

You don't know who Ice Poseidon is, do you? One of his gimmick is going out into stores and having his viewers harass the employees by calling them, he has gotten kicked out of a bunch of places because of this. His stream has a long history of racism, he pretty much got popular because of it, and the other day he went to a store called Watermelon and Chicken and acted surprised when his viewers harassed the owner and then got kicked out.

With this airport incident, he streamed from an airport, knowing full well what his viewers do and how he got swatted recently, then he told that chat his terminal location and said something along the lines of, "eh, what's the worst you can do?.

Nanashrew

Banned
Youtube is where all banned twitch streamers end up lol. It never lasts long/they never have the same amount of succes. Also there is a reason people livestream on twitch mostly as I'm pretty sure Twitch has always been the better and more sustainable (income-wise) platform for those content creators. Especially after the whole ad-drama on youtube.

Yep, definitely less. I think a YTer over on Twitter like a month ago compared two videos of his with similar view count. Last year he got more revenue compared to now. Twitch is the place for more money.

YouTube generally gives less anyway. Places like Blip.TV, before going under, gave higher ad revenue to their users compared to YouTube. Everyone who had to move to YouTube saw less money despite reaching similar amount of viewers or more. It's why some have Patreons now or do a bit more on the side after the move.

--

Anyway, on topic. You can both condemn Ice Poseidon and the troll who swatted him as both are idiots. Ice Poseidon egging people like them on, cultivating this kind of audience and wanting this stuff to happen to him which can endanger him and people around him, and condemn the people who go through with it and swat him.

Swatters should be put in jail for endangering people's lives and Ice Poseidon was rightfully banned for his behavior.

Jakoo

United about to get some ideas of how to solve overbooked flights.

As per usual, the swatter should be in jail and perhaps the Twitch person should be held accountable as well. His antagonism put a whole plane of people in danger.

what sticks out for me is how easily the authorithies act without any kind of proof.

they basically shoot first and ask later.

the trolls exploit this to do their shitty jokes. these pranks wouldn't fly in most countries.

Stopping a flight and interrogating people seems like the right move when a threat is made. The person making the false report should be held accountable for breaking the law AND financially for any inconvenience.

Hopefully they catch the swatter, shit is crazy.

As already mentioned Ice Poseidon has a history of this and enables his viewers. A month ago fans came into a hotel he was eating at and sprayed a fire extinguisher, which caused the entire hotel to be evacuated, it's about time he's banned.

EndersAres

Neo Member
I think it's pretty terrible what happened to him. He didn't ask for any of that. Not sure why people says he was. There is no reasonable thought process that you would expect someone to call in a bomb threat on an airline in a post 9/11 world. I think he got swatted a couple of weeks ago at his home. Anyways I kind of feel that the IRL channel needs to go. Nothing good has come from it so far. Someones gonna get hurt or killed with all these people calling businesses and police trying to cause trouble. I liked the idea of IRL, going out and seeing stuff and people but there are few viewers out for blood.

Top Bottom