• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch streamer gets Swatted on an Airplane

Avallon

So..we know who did the calling? This forum or some guy from this forum did this? What the fuck
The guy uploaded his call to youtube a few days back (I think it got taken down, for obvious reasons). He used a voice changer. It cuts out several times during the call and you hear his actual voice. He's no older than a teenager.

He also took credit for it on twitter.

Akai__

I didn't know that Ice Poseidon was actually enabling this type of behaviour on a constant level... What an idiot...

But the bigger idiots are obviosuly all these people actually willing to harass innocent people and making these fucking stupid hoax calls, where they endanger several people. No sympathy whatsoever.

Ice Poseidon enables this type of behavior in his extremely toxic community. It was only a matter of time before this happened. He was banned because he purposely leaked his location and basically challenged his toxic viewers to do something about it.

Pretty much this, if you look at his viewers and his personality. It is not good, he literally goaded the viewers into doing.

rhandino

Banned
But guys! The person who made the call say he is sorry!!

r2xmemJ.jpg

Please upvote so Twitch can see this and lift the ban of that poor streamer that encourage this kind of behaviour.

Strakt

But guys! The person who made the call say he is sorry!!

r2xmemJ.jpg

Please upvote so Twitch can see this and lift the ban of that poor streamer that encourage this kind of behaviour.

Reading ice's reddit page makes me question the world we're living in

L Thammy

"I mean, I just meant to sent armed police officers to make you and members of the general public fear for their lives, I didn't mean to get you banned!"

This person has a great sense of priorities. What the fuck.

xRaizen

Twitch has no reason to ban Ice, he's the only streamer I've ever subbed to (ever since Twitch introduced Prime, consecutive months) because of how entertaining he is.

Ice is probably the most entertaining person on Twitch, and watching him evolve from his OSRS streams to Pokemon GO to IRL streams has been a wild and fun ride.

His banning also sets a precedence - don't like a streamer? SWAT them enough times and get them banned from Twitch and effectively shut their livelihood down. Disgusting behavior from Twitch.

Dec

Why did the streamer get banned?

It happens to him constantly. It has somehow become a thing among his watchers to figure out where he is going and call in this type of shit to have stuff happen on stream.

This dude used to just play old school runescape and say dumb shit, I have no idea how he got to this crap.

Hyun Sai

Is it one of those rare threads where victim blaming is totally ok ? Because the more I read about that Ice guy, I just can't believe it...

Is it one of those rare threads where victim blaming is totally ok ? Because the more I read about that Ice guy, I just can't believe it...

It actually is okay because he's encouraged this kind of behavior on purpose, again and again and again. People have been warning him for a long time to curtail this kind of behavior in his community but he's a moron.

Twitch has no reason to ban Ice, he's the only streamer I've ever subbed to (ever since Twitch introduced Prime, consecutive months) because of how entertaining he is.

Ice is probably the most entertaining person on Twitch, and watching him evolve from his OSRS streams to Pokemon GO to IRL streams has been a wild and fun ride.

His banning also sets a precedence - don't like a streamer? SWAT them enough times and get them banned from Twitch and effectively shut their livelihood down. Disgusting behavior from Twitch.
This has to be a joke right? You call it disgusting behavior from Twitch yet what he does on his twitch isn't disgusting behavior and is entertaining? Okay then.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

If I understand correctly, he essentially dared his viewers to SWAT his flight.

rhandino

Banned
Well... no, I am sure thet habe plenty of reasons to not want him (bad PR being the biggest one)

Nope, I like Ice, twitch has been using him as a guinea pig for rules about irl streaming. He has said he likes the toxic of his community but he has said he hates people who call in and do stupid shit like this.

Actually they do. A pretty good one too. They absolutely do not want to encourage behavior and a community that will one day get someone killed.

I mean, fair enough if you enjoy his streams. But lets not pretend he is the innocent party here.

That's not the precedent that was set. The precedent that was set was that encouraging this behaviour and goading your viewers into doing shit like this will get you banned. If you're an innocent streamer that is not encouraging this behaviour at all there would be no reason to ban you

Actually they do. A pretty good one too. They absolutely do not want to encourage behavior and a community that will one day get someone killed.
Im gonna have to agree, they never had rules against this and banned because of self harm, it doesnt matter who called in people were going to find out any flight he was on, plus you can find the phone call of the incedent all the dude needed was a name.

xRaizen

This has to be a joke right? You call it disgusting behavior from Twitch yet what he does on his twitch isn't disgusting?

Can you clarify what you find disgusting about what Ice "does on his twitch"?

And yes, it is disgusting is Twitch setting this precedence. There is no rule against showing where you're at. Ice explained this in his latest video explaining the banning.

If I understand correctly, he essentially dared his viewers to SWAT his flight.

And the guy that called the SWAT wasn't even a viewer. He literally said he didn't need to know what gate he was at - all he needed was Ice's real name. Which he knew from youtube.

Edit: His name was leaked AGES ago. That's where one of his memes originates from.

I mean the reasons Ice has been banned (multiple times) are publically accessible. If you don't find them compelling, I've gotta assume you're racist and/or completely oblivious, since it's pretty fucking obvious why he'd get banned.

TheRed

The mindset of when someone is able to make you laugh on the internet, everything shitty they do shouldn't be held against them is fascinating. Same shit that makes people defend Trump , he says dumb shit they like to hear so every aspect of his life where he's a shitty person gets held to a child like lowest standards because they think he's special and idolize him.

Basketball

He got swatted on a plane full of people
People with stuff to do .. maybe doctors/patients
Causes news story and puts Twitch in a bad position
This affected too many people for twitch not to do anything.

AAK

The streamer is clearly complicit in the swatting. Both him and the prank caller need the book laid down on them.

I love how you're just ignoring details

Nope, I like Ice, twitch has been using him as a guinea pig for rules about irl streaming. He has said he likes the toxic of his community but he has said he hates people who call in and do stupid shit like this.
So he hates people who do this and he tells them to do it? That makes no sense.

So he hates people who do this and he tells them to do it? That makes no sense.
Hes never told people to do it. He telld people where he is because they will find it regardless. Idk Im just saying this was going to happen to him eventually. Im iffy on the whole ban. Irl streaming had always been risky.

Ice Poseidon is an idiot who attracts idiot viewers through idiot methods. And at this point nothing is going to change my opinion on that. The fact that people still believe he doesn't leak his own info on purpose is proof of either one or more of those statements. Glad he's banned.

xRaizen

I mean it's been laid out multiple times in this thread, what else is there to clarify?

Nowhere does it say in Twitch's TOS that you're not allowed to show where you are. His ban is not justified at all. Ice doesn't do anything racist or ban-worthy on his streams - yeah his twitch chat can be very racist, but the streamer himself isn't.

His stream is his livelihood - is he supposed to just stop streaming because of things that people OTHER THAN HIM do? Just last week he had his camera smashed by a man who also looked like was carrying a firearm due to his viewers harassing the guy through calls. What did Ice do after that? He walked away from the man, and went back to his hotel, still afraid due to the camera's memory card being left behind, which contained photos/footage of the hotel and room he was staying at.

His viewers hate callers, we've always been afraid that callers would get Ice killed, and they nearly did with that incident last week. Then this SWAT thing happens. We want Ice to have fun and entertain us AND be safe while at it - callers prevent that.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hes never told people to do it. He telld people where he is because they will find it regardless. Idk Im just saying this was going to happen to him eventually. Im iffy on the whole ban. Irl streaming had always been risky.

You don't play fast and loose with other people's lives like that.

Don't care that people know your address because you feel like they will find it anyway? Okay fine, that's dumb and it got you SWATTED, but that's on you. But doing that when it involves other people is downright irresponsible.

Strakt

Nowhere does it say in Twitch's TOS that you're not allowed to show where you are. His ban is not justified at all. Ice doesn't do anything racist or ban-worthy on his streams - yeah his twitch chat can be very racist, but the streamer himself isn't.

His stream is his livelihood - is he supposed to just stop streaming because of things that people OTHER THAN HIM do? Just last week he had his camera smashed by a man who also looked like was carrying a firearm due to his viewers harassing the guy through calls. What did Ice do after that? He walked away from the man, and went back to his hotel, still afraid due to the camera's memory card being left behind, which contained photos/footage of the hotel and room he was staying at.

His viewers hate callers, we've always been afraid that callers would get Ice killed, and they nearly did with that incident last week. Then this SWAT thing happens. We want Ice to have fun and entertain us AND be safe while at it - callers prevent that.

"hi guys im at gate xx"... totally not asking for something to happen. dunno if hes stupid or just stupid

You don't play fast and loose with other people's lives like that.

Don't care that people know your address because you feel like they will find it anyway? Okay fine, that's dumb and it got you SWATTED, but that's on you. But doing that when it involves other people is downright irresponsible.
Yeah that whole plane incedent was way too far, since it involved a ton of people too, but usually his stream snipers and stuff arent this bad, theres always thpse people who ruin things and take it too far. The new orleans stream was really stupid.

Kudo

So as long he is unbanned there's risk of people uninvolved with him getting in danger because this guy likes to play with fire? Swatting a plane is no joke and this guy shouldn't have any platform to incite such things.
I hope Twitch stands behind the ban.

xRaizen

"hi guys im at gate xx"... totally not asking for something to happen. dunno if hes stupid or just stupid

His name has been on the internet for as long as he's been streaming - if someone really wanted to SWAT him all they'd need to do is call the flights going to wherever he says he's going and ask them if he's going to be on it.

Boke1879

Twitch has every right to ban him. Especially since he fosters this sort of shit in his community.

Lets say this incident ended tragically. Thank GOD it didn't. Twitch could be liable because they didn't do anything to stop it.

Strakt

His name has been on the internet for as long as he's been streaming - if someone really wanted to SWAT him all they'd need to do is call the flights going to wherever he says he's going and ask them if he's going to be on it.

So let them do that; if he hadn't given out his location FOR NO REASON AT ALL, he would of still been streaming on twitch. While he was entertaining, his logic was non existent. Your fanboy-ism won't help you defend him either. He was wrong in every single case.

Top Bottom