• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter has just banned Milo Yiannopoulos permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG is obsessed with GAF, every time I went to see a meltdown on their reddit there is always a thread about gaf.

Hell, even some of the game subreddits get pissy about GAf. I remember /r/megaten was pretty bad in harassing GAFers last year during a Persona 5 stream.

I've gotten one of those too trying to spoil uncharted 4 after I said something about flag burning. They get triggered by things very easily and are cowards for not doing it on their actual neogaf account.
I think their NeoGAF account got banned long ago, and their parents probably won't pay for another email address.

Slayven

Don't get it twisted, the people who follow Milo and other Alt-Right shits are ALWAYS watching, waiting for any opportunity to harass people who are for progressive equality.

cause they are the ones getting oppressed and shit on

*roll eyes*

I think their NeoGAF account got banned long ago, and their parents probably won't pay for another email address.

I wonder how they continue to get psn accounts then because mine isn't the same as my user name here and it was only briefly in my profile. They are still active if they are getting fresh usernames.

Ekai

He should have been arrested by law enforcement already.

But I guess only social media threats count when it's police who's being harassed and threatened

Being banned from Twitter is the least amount of restorative justice that could happen

Also this. A million times this.

I wonder how they continue to get psn accounts then because mine isn't the same as my user name here and it was only briefly in my profile. They are still active if they are getting fresh usernames.

I would be surprised if they do some really deep trawling of posts for any shred of an identity.

Breads

Banned

But where is the proof that Milo is the engineer behind the hate train?!?

You know, besides scary shit like this from his followers.

mp1990

Banned
Hell, even some of the game subreddits get pissy about GAf. I remember /r/megaten was pretty bad in harassing GAFers last year during a Persona 5 stream.

To be fair, in that case both communities overlap each other :p

Granted, that could be said for most japanese games fanbases in the West.

marrec

Banned
But where is the proof that Milo is the engineer behind the hate train?!?

You know, besides scary shit like this from his followers.

I like how you can track the talking points of these fucks across different websites.

"where's the proof" is a common phrase across Twitter, Reddit, GAF, and other places.

We see you :lol

They do. It's remnants of that shit stain subreddit that got banned.
Didn't they go on about GAF being authoritarian bullies for not allowing GG talk while simultaneously doxxing a ton of teenage posters on this site who had nothing to do with anything just for the hell of it?

Thanks Obama!

Hopefully this is the beginning of a purge. Twitter really needs to scrape all the scum off their hull if they want to continue being the first name in online discourse.

So, basically what you're saying is you don't have enough knowledge about the situation, but you're willing to sit in judgement of the situation? Maybe educate yourself a bit about his history -- he's not being harassed, he's being stopped from doing harm to people. That is noble, and, surprisingly, outweighs free speech.
GamerGate is a problem that you should educate yourself about.

Stop. He's exactly what was predicted earlier in the thread. "I don't really follow this silly gossip. Something about a slut who slept around for high game scores or something?" This always plays out the same. Ignore them.

Didn't they go on about GAF being authoritarian bullies for not allowing GG talk while simultaneously doxxing a ton of teenage posters on this site who had nothing to do with anything just for the hell of it?

Thanks Obama!

of course

To be fair, in that case both communities overlap each other :p

Granted, that could be said for most japanese games fanbases in the West.

Considering that most of /r/megaten likes to act like they are on /smt/ and have the intelligence to match, I'm really doubting that most of Persona-GAF acts the same way. I'm reminded of the one time a "Yosuke-coon" joke with a black Yosuke cosplayer got massively upvoted and the mods there simply shrugged their shoulders.

Lunar15

One day I'm actually just going to do a search for every post on GAF that starts with "Well, I don't know anything about GamerGate, but" and build a collection. It's like a fucking script.

I find it funny that he's complaining about free speech when he signed up to Twitter. Twitter is a privately owned company and you agree to their terms and conditions when you sign up.

Armaros

One day I'm actually just going to do a search for every post on GAF that starts with "Well, I don't know anything about GamerGate, but" and build a collection. It's like a fucking script.

Just search for all the locked GG threads, you will find a treasure trove in those.

It's always the same fucking thing too. Concern trolling that basically amounts to "I heard Zoe Quinn / Anita is a man hating sperm stealer, is this true"?

Dalek

WHERESTHEPROOF
H
E
R
E
S
T
H
E
P
R
O
O
F

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

Pretzel logic

His next employer.

Toxi

Banned
Haven't read all 11 pages, can someone link me to how this guy led a harassment campaign against Leslie Jones?
He posted faked tweets of her saying racist and homophobic shit to rile up the torches and pitchforks.

04CJE7y.png

It got so bad Leslie Jones left twitter.

Leslie-Jones-tweets.jpg

Permanently A

USE THE GOOGLE

Google exists.

Also, I summarized the latter part of the harassment campaign here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210656679&postcount=403

Thank you, I found it on Google too but I didn't think the story was that big yet. That photoshop is some fuckery.

WHERESTHEPROOF
H
E
R
E
S
T
H
E
P
R
O
O
F

Are you okay?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Phew are you sure? You got your work cut out for you!

Permanently A

He posted faked tweets of her saying racist and homophobic shit to rile up the torches and pitchforks.

04CJE7y.png

It got so bad Leslie Jones left twitter.

Leslie-Jones-tweets.jpg

"bix nood" is a pretty common stormfront and /pol/ racist term so I'm pretty sure this is a /pol/ photoshop and not directly Milo's doing

that said I know Milo knows exactly what he was doing, no room to pretend like he didn't know those tweets were shopped

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Man, Twitter ain't shit.

All the people getting shit flung at them day after day, but I guess they just weren't famous enough for anybody over there to step in.

I understand people who are worried about this being a situation representative of someone with different views being banned for having those views, and were that actually the case I would be one of them, but Milo has been notorious for encouraging harassment on Twitter for years. Like, that's genuinely what he is known for doing. Speaking from an objective point of view, this has been a long time coming. I'd say he has been given more than enough chances to express his viewpoints without sending his followers to harass others, and he has instead continued over and over to disrupt the lives of people who disagree with him. He's not dumb, he knows the reach that he has as well as his audience. He knows that when he directs them to an argument, they will start to make hundreds of new accounts just to continue bothering them well after they have clicked the block button. He knows that people have suffered PTSD as a result of harassment campaigns that he has incited. Harassment never is and never will be an acceptable way to deal with things.

Good riddance.

Gattsu25

Banned
Are you okay?
We had just had one of those "I know about the alt-right and gamergate, I know about this story, but am going to pretend to not know and concern troll" people come through here. There's actually a guide on how to infiltrate communities that details this.

Many of them follow a variant of one or two predictable patterns, and some of us here have had to deal with literally hundreds of people following that guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom