• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new Smash Bros. Brawl commercials

NotWii

Banned
Oblivion said:
Why does Japan, which seems to have a far more casual Wii audience then the U.S. gets these fucking awesome ads, while we'll most likely get yet another shitty 'Wii would like to crush your dreams' commercial?
They've always had hardcore ads

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Oooh, was that a guitar-ish version of Uematsu's SSBB theme, that I heard in the first half? Fucking amazing.

O_O That 5-minute video.... I'm speechless...
The music is amazing (MGS Music = SECKS) and fighting looks so beautiful... :'(

I think I got a hard-on from that video...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Fireblend said:
Is it this one? (scroll down a bit)
http://topicscollector.blog55.fc2.com/blog-entry-2815.html
at least it's new to me?

Awesome, thanks.

Seems Mario can jump a bit further horizontally than from Melee. Excellent choice!

Sadly, I have to say, some of those remixes are pretty meh. What's funny is that people in the Smash thread were telling me that there was no way in hell Nintendo would use those same samples on the website.

And Metaknight's theme just doesn't fit the style of that stage.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Snake is pretty speedy. Ike's fs is badass in motion. lolz.

I couldn't help but crack a smile when Sonic hit mario with that kick Akuma does. lol

Jiggy

Incredible. :eek:

-The Mario/Sonic showdown was well-choreographed.
-Mario used his cape to help get a little extra horizontal distance. Tournament players confirmed?
-Lucas' PK Thunder has much tighter control than Ness from Melee, judging by how close it stayed to his body...
-Zelda overworld theme is own as usual.
-The FE7 battle theme isn't the FE7 theme I wanted, but I'll take it for now and I do love that one too. I still hope Lyn's/Hector's/Eliwood's theme is also somewhere in there. Please? >_>
-PK Freeze is almost infinitely better than PK Flash, by the looks of things.
-Charizard doesn't seem as slow as I'd expected, thankfully.
-The Link/Snake showdown was also well-choreographed.

Wow that was simply awesome! And of course the usuals are already complaining, some people...

Damn, it looks like Link might actually be good this time as well!

NotWii

Banned
MGrant said:
The Shadow Moses music seems orchestrated. Good god I hope there are more like it.
Sounds like high quality synth, just like the Pirates of the Carribean movies

The Zelda Overworld theme sounded orchestrated.
Shame that Kid Icarus is still with synth instruments :/

SLYspyda

Banned
When will the morons in NoA start having REAL Wii commercials?! I don't care if it's in addition to their Wii would like to play bullshit commercials. They've already dropped the ball with Zelda, Metroid, and SMG, I won't be suprised if they did again with their biggest title.

zaccheus

Banned
the people playing are obviously ex-melee pros.

in the first fight sonic attempts to edge hog to prevent mario from grabbing it, oops!

Jiggy

Other things I'm noticing:

-Fox's forward air triple kick (used on Samus) seems to auto-combo now.
-Same for Zelda's up smash (used on Pikachu).
-Din's Fire has less lag before and after.
-I know it's been reported since E For All that characters survive longer and have stronger directional influence than in Melee, but it's really something seeing that in action. :D

Edit:
Firestorm said:
I LIKE HOW THAT VIDEO STARTS WITH 1v1 NO ITEMS!

>_>
<_<
>_>

sorry
And ends with it! :D :D :D

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I'm going to enjoy playing as Sonic. That guy can run.

Oblivion said:
Sadly, I have to say, some of those remixes are pretty meh. What's funny is that people in the Smash thread were telling me that there was no way in hell Nintendo would use those same samples on the website.

:(

Firestorm

zaccheus said:
the people playing are obviously ex-melee pros.

in the first fight sonic attempts to edge hog to prevent mario from grabbing it, oops!

Haha I noticed that too. He failed though.

God I want the OST to this game so badly.

Rlan

I think the Sonic Vs. Fox battles that will show up on Youtube will be bloody epic. Sonic's running all over the fucking place :lol

Top Bottom