• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2012 Press Conference Thread

Zapages

Rumor has it that Ubi is showing a new teaser trailer for PoP behind closed doors.

Google Translation of the source:

PR department of the French publisher Ubisoft made a serious blunders: journalists accidentally showed footage from the teaser clip of the new game in the universe of Prince of Persia. However, in an eerie and without any details, but the fact remains that the development of the next game in the popular adventure series is in full swing. In the presented frame, we saw a bald warrior (his face is hidden shadow), armed to the teeth and "packaged" in a strong leather armor.

This story would have ended well, if not in the camp of Ubisoft showed someone with a very long tongue. The source within the company, said that the announcement of the new Prince of Persia was to be held behind closed doors and only for a select group of English-language press. Now the publisher is in a difficult position: to work as originally planned, will not work - fans of the series will eat with giblets. So it seems to be a full-blown announcement is still to take place.

And now a couple of parts. First, the next Prince of Persia will not have any relation to the previous series. None of the successful trilogy, nor to the secondary and boring Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. If you remember, the latter was to become the first game of the new trilogy. But the low ratings from critics and sluggish sales have forced Ubisoft to abandon further work on a series of clearly failed. Now we are waiting for something closer in spirit to such TV series as the God of War and even Assassin's Creed. Second, the new release will take place not earlier than the end of next year. According to a source inside the company, publishing barely started working on the game. So that at least half a year to develop them still want it.

Source: http://news.playground.ru/36306/

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't get to see Ubi's conference. I am just now watching the Watch Dogs gameplay demo. HOLY SHIT. This looks amazing. I guess I should watch the rest of this conference.

Youtube link of conference
for anyone who wants to watch it (in case it hasn't been posted elsewhere, too lazy to check atm)

Curufinwe

Aisha Taylor gave GAF a shutout on G4 last night when being interviewed by Kevin Pereria. She appreciated the nice things many people here had to say about the press conference.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Aisha Taylor gave GAF a shutout on G4 last night when being interviewed by Kevin Pereria. She appreciated the nice things many people here had to say about the press conference.

I told her on Twitter to get a GAF account but she didn't respond. :(

Also it blows my MIND that she is such a gamer. *melts*

iNvid02

they sent out an e3 survey, its the perfect opportunity to make sure tobuscus never returns

qluMW.png

mclem

I'm still not particularly fond of their approach in recent years to use 'celebrity presenters', but I do have to say that Aisha was by some margin the best they've had. If they are going to stick with it, I wouldn't object to having her host once again.

Actually, on that note, perhaps he's not quite the right sort of host for that sort of event, but given he does a brilliant job on the BAFTAs, I'd quite like to see what Dara O'Briain would do with an E3 presser. He knows his games, after all. Not that it'd ever happen, he's not young or hip enough. But still...

(Also: Charlie Brooker. Actually, no . I need E3 pressers with Charlie Brooker *commentary*. With Dara. Now that'd be gold.)

Top Bottom