• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2012 Press Conference Thread

Majine

Banned
It was the best E3 conference since Nintendo 2010, possibly better than that. They had variation (First platformer to show up this year?), four amazing looking titles, a middleton announcement in Zombi U, A freaking new IP and a better presenter than last year.

survivor

Banned
Hosts
- The woman had better stage presence than anyone else at any conference today.
- The internet geek guy added nothing, and I'm not sure why Ubisoft got him. They didn't need a second host, that woman carried the day no problem

Yeah I hated the other host too. The guy did nothing and was just annoying.

Best show by a an old french country mile. Farcry and Watch_dogs were simply amazing, AC3 was much better than I expected, Rayman is still a beauty and ZombiU at least with an original setting.

A- because of the sometimes annoying presentation (YT guy sucked).

The French use Kilometers.

SmithnCo

I'd give it a high 8. The Shootmania part was brutal but Far Cry, Rayman, AC3, and Watch Dogs were all great.

Aisha did good but the other guy was just annoying.

Fear of sexism from gamers?

The Gamespot chat feed whenever Aisha was on screen was a god damn disgrace. I'm not easily offended but I wanted to reach through computer screens and break fingers by every knuckle so the typing of stupid racist shit would stop.

I'm not being funny, you had to register to join that shit... every single person guilty of it should be banned from the site for life.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Liked this conference the best so far. Actual surprises and the best host.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Fear of sexism from gamers?

She knocked it straight out of the park and it's dead obvious from the beginning of the show that the audience responded warmly to her, so whoever they had directing their presentation obviously misread her hosting potential bigtime.

M*A*S*H

The Gamespot chat feed whenever Aisha was on screen was a god damn disgrace. I'm not easily offended but I wanted to reach through computer screens and break fingers by every knuckle so the typing of stupid racist shit would stop.

I'm not being funny, you had to register to join that shit... every single person guilty of it should be banned from the site for life.

Noticed that too and it was disgusting. You'd think people would have better things to do, but no, apparently being a racist fuckwad is just too damn important sometimes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hosts
- The woman had better stage presence than anyone else at any conference today.
- The internet geek guy added nothing, and I'm not sure why Ubisoft got him. They didn't need a second host, that woman carried the day no problem

I think they were intentionally trying to make a joke about their past few conferences having an awkward host, and bad stage moments.

iQ0prjLmN0VUJ.gif

Beat down.

TCRS

Banned
Pretty mixed conference.

- No Rainbow Six :(
- ACIII: meh
- Far Cry 3: pretty cool
- ZombiU: cool
- Splinter Cell: crying a river here
- Watch-Dogs: takemymoney.jpg

ironcreed

Banned
It actually felt like it was all about having fun and playing games watching this conference. None of the social media, apps, and non-gaming related stuff in general. Ubi needs to just stay on the track they are on right now. Well, maybe replace the one responsible for the CoCo/Ghost Recon marketing, lol. But other than that, good show indeed.

Cosmozone

Well, it pretty much seems to be set that Ubisoft wins this E3. I can't imagine much that Nintendo or Sony could do to top a game concept like that of Watch_Dogs. Unless Sony revealing Last Guardian will be out tomorrow or something. My hype is through the roof. I just want to believe the final game will live up to this promise. Unfortunately, I'm skeptical but I'm not letting my E3 being ruined by that.

She knocked it straight out of the park and it's dead obvious from the beginning of the show that the audience responded warmly to her, so whoever they had directing their presentation obviously misread her hosting potential bigtime.

That guy has a pretty big following with the AC fanbase due to the remixed trailers he did for the last E3s.

The conference was pretty good and the main blemish would be that second announcer.

Aisha was doing really well imo
Loved the control ineraction in Rayman Legends
AC 3 looked very interesting
Farcry 3 was fucking insane (plus TITS)
Watch_Dogs was goddamn awesome.

Lingitiz

How in the hell did Ubi end up with the best press conference today? I mean holy shit, AC3, Farcry 3, Rayman, and of course, Watchdogs.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The most obvious conclusion.

But they were clearly only pretending to be playing all the games live anyway, so it only makes sense to assume they were all "running" on PCs.

Rayman looked cool, the Wii U controller stuff looked like gimmicky nonsense though, but that game will be on every system under the sun anyway, so you can safely ignore that.

Why would they pretend to play the games, when they will be on the show floor all week? People are going to be pretending they are playing the game, again and again and again, really?

Pinzer

Unconfirmed Member
Legends better not be Wii U exlusive.

I can't believe Ubisoft has had the best E3 conference so far....

~Kinggi~

Banned
Legends better not be Wii U exlusive.

I can't believe Ubisoft has had the best E3 conference so far....

I can. Ubisoft seems to always know how to deliver new interesting ideas done well, their presentation has just always sucked. Bout time the sheer force of the content won out.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm shocked as well but I do think Ubisoft had the best. Far Cry 3, AC3 and of course Watch Dogs all blew me away more and more with each one. Sony's was good but had too many bad parts, and long bad parts. Ubi wins....somehow they pulled it off.

I thought Ubisoft had a good conference. Rayman was really fun looking, Assassin's Creed 3 looked spectacular, and Watch Dog was a big surprise that seemed very cool. Even their "lower tier" announcements were fun, like the pro gaming thing.

Oh, and this:

imjUgTMR420fd.gif

The rest of this is in the video?

Morokh

So basically Killer Freaks that showed an little bit of originality was turned into random zombie game #56, and the only thing they came up with for Rayman is touch-controls ?

...oh boy ...

?oe?oe

The host was a really good presenter, but she was hindered by that internet guy. Why was he even there? I don't understand the deliberate "I'm too obnoxious to be funny, funny" guys Ubisoft loves.

UrbanRats

The host was a really good presenter, but she was hindered by that internet guy. Why was he even there? I don't understand the deliberate "I'm too obnoxious to be funny, funny" guys Ubisoft loves.

Yeah, i thought she was quite good, not annoying and to the point (didn't found her jokes that funny, but not disturbing either) the dude was horrible though.
Probably the only thing i hated of all the conference.

Fjordson

Yep. I really like Aisha Tyler, but the YouTube personality brought it down a bit.

Anyways, Ubisoft was ballin' so hard this year. Watch Dogs, AC III, and Far Cry all looked great. Rayman was cool as well. Well done, Yves!

Even Shootmania, which isn't really my thing, had Swifty on stage, so it's all good.

Top Bottom